[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sexy sexy SP101

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 5773.jpg (27KB, 475x275px) Image search: [Google]
5773.jpg
27KB, 475x275px
Purchasing my first pistol, it'll be a range toy until I'm old enough to CCW (which is soon)

I like the Ruger SP101. Don't want to go over 30 oz and this is right there.

The problem is barrel length. Not going under 3". But do I get the 3" barrel for CCW and less range fun, do I get the 4" barrel for slightly harder CCW and slightly more range fun, or do I just say fuck it and get a long ass one and then buy a P938 when I'm old enough to carry?

wtf do I do /k/
>>
>>34681403
nevermind the last comment, nothing longer than 4" exists. So if f I get 4" should I get another CCW?
>>
It's 4.2", not 4" - e.g. it's Canada legal. That's the main point of the intermediate barrel length; it's just long enough to cross the border (paperwork permitting)

Personally have the 4.2" and I love it. It's not impossible to carry, but it's large enough to have fun with at the range.
>>
>>34681403
>wtf do I do /k/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xkQ5UOj7wg&index=8&list=PLYqiOqBy2WM9SVIrEqd7Ws66M1VuJPYh3

Watch this, /k/ is fucking retarded when it comes to this exact topic at hand. Listen to someone who actually has some experience in carrying and shooting revolvers extensively.

I would opt for the 3 inch. It's going to be just as shootable as a 4 inch but easier to conceal.
>>
>>34681418
Longer exists. It's called the GP100.
>>
File: IMG_2353.jpg (82KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2353.jpg
82KB, 661x496px
>>34681403
If you really want to carry a .357 revolver, I'd get the new SP101 Match Champion. They have a 4.2" bbl, come in right at 30 oz., and have a few extra features that make them slicker than your average sp101.
>>
>>34681403
>>34681403
and this video is probably more applicable to your question. I would strongly suggest watching all of his revolver videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e35uPk8tfxU&index=2&list=PLYqiOqBy2WM9SVIrEqd7Ws66M1VuJPYh3
>>
>>34681419
true, that'd be ideal if I ever dodge the draft, but I'd already be breaking the law anyways
>>34681422
will watch, thx for input
>>34681426
I'm 5'7 and 150lbs
>>
>>34681432
interesting. If I go with 4" I'll consider this, just searched armslist though and there isn't a single one up. What other benefits does it have? The only thing I notice is a wood grip
>>34681433
thanks
>>
>>34681463
Factory trigger job, basically.
>>
>>34681463
A factory action job which *should* give you an improved trigger pull. I'd see if I could dry fire both the Match Champion and a regular SP101 side by side in a store before shelling out the extra cash.
>>
>>34681505
>I'd see if I could dry fire both the Match Champion and a regular SP101 side by side in a store before shelling out the extra cash.

I wouldn't worry too much about it and instead, learn how to properly utilize a double action pull. Not knowing how to effective pull through a double action trigger will give you an unreliable perception to what a good trigger is.
>>
Concealing a 4 inch revolver isn't impossible, but as the owner of a 4 inch SP-101 I'll tell you that recoil with .357 is pretty stout. Doesn't sting, but the palm of my hand started to hurt.

If you go for the .327 you have a 6th shot and lesser recoil, not the worst way to go imo. But there are better carry guns.
>>
>>34681650
I'll prolly just shoot .38 with it unless I'm carrying. Tell me more about the carrying easiness/difficulty
>>
>>34681403
Honestly the 4" barrel isn't that bad for CCW if it's a revolver. The barrel is pretty thin overall, it's not all chunky like a semiauto. I carried a 4" SP101 for a while and it concealed really well
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.