[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EF88

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

Hey /k/.
Ausfag grunt here. Just come back from Talisman sabre 2017. And carried the new ef88 through the whole ex and live fire component before field. I have to say it's a huge improvement on the F88 and using the fold down bipod (as in picture. Though my gat was black) I was able to shoot a 68mm group of 20 rounds at 100m. So I think it's an pretty good gun. But we still should've gone the M4 route. A lot of my shorter mates found it hard to get a good site picture with body armour on because on the increased distance.
What's your guys thoughts?
Also, can you yank fucking bury your shits you take out field. Fucking gross cunts.
>>
I have no clue of anything about the EF88 but since your bringing actual content. Bump.
>>
Does the massive hand guard off the grip get in the way when you're shooting unsupported?
>>
>>34680065
onya m8
>>
>>34680065
I want to like it so damn bad.
It's essentially the AUG 2.0.
But it's just...good grief it's so fucking ugly, and does very little about the parts I dislike (mainly the LOP, but I have Manlet arms so I guess that's my problem, not theirs)
>>
>>34680606
Nuh mate, it's actually good to hold onto. Just like cup it in your palm and pull it into your shoulder. I never liked the foregrip on the f88. I used to fold it up and shoot cupping the grip anyway.
>>34680774
I think it looks pretty nice, but yeah. I think we should've gone M4 like the kiwi's. It's got some nice features though, like the bolt release button. It's a lot lighter than the F88 and balanced more in the centre so it feels fucking great in the hands.
>>
>>34680842
any thoughts on what talisman sabre represents for the ADF and australia at large? the chinks seem interested in it.
>>
>>34680856
It was just a joint exercise so that we all know how each other operate.
Us Aussies are fucking great at small section/platoon tactics and leaving behind minimal sign that we were there.
The kiwi's operate in a similar way.
The yanks just say "fuck it, we have assets for days" and fucking go everywhere in huge groups, leaving crap all over the place and only carry about 24 hours rations with them.
Meanwhile there's my platoon carrying on average 35kg packs on top of body armour/webbing and weapons.
Sorry, ranting a bit. Wasn't impressed with the yanks this ex haha could be because a lot of them were national guard?
I think the Chinese were just having a sticky beak. I don't foresee them getting agresssive towards Australia at least. We've really started to work closely with them over the last few years. Last two years we've had the Chinese army come to AASAAM (Australian army skill at arms meeting) and they competed along side us, the yanks, kiwis, Brits, Indonesians and japs. We don't train out the field with them though cause it's still early days and don't want them knowing how we operate out field.
>>
File: IMG_1544.jpg (714KB, 2048x1523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1544.jpg
714KB, 2048x1523px
>>34680936
Picture of China in Australia got AASAM
>>
>>34680842
>I think we should've gone M4 like the kiwi's

Didn't they get LMTs with the new MARS lowers? Yeah, I agree with you there.
>>
How does the EF88 differ from the F88 and AUG (are those the same)?
>>
File: 20170728ran8566787_024.jpg (2MB, 3600x2422px) Image search: [Google]
20170728ran8566787_024.jpg
2MB, 3600x2422px
VIP’s and diverse recruitment candidates stand united at “The ADF Surprised us” culturally and linguistically diverse recruitment campaign held at Club Burwood RSL, Sydney.
>>
>>34680960
I was more just referring to the M4 platform family of weapons. I know Sig make a Fucking great variant.
I personally have no issue with the EF88 as I'm a tall cunt and even with body armour/webbing I can get an acceptable sight picture. But my shorter mates can't. So adjustable stocks would be awesome. Plus the M4 is just so much more ergonomic. Yeah it great australia is using an Australian designed weapon again. But for today's AO's the M4 is more ideal
>>
>>34680986
why is there a nigger there
>>
>>34680936
How well do the asians usually do at those sort of things?
>>
>>34681009
Our next officer and Chief of Defence.
>>
>>34681023
please be joking
>>
>>34680978
F88 and aug are basically the same. F88 just has a few things unique to is like the single shot lock out pin on the trigger.
The ef88 is a good kilogram lighter than the aug/f88 and has a fixed barrel. Barrel is also fluted making it lighter and quicker to cool. The extraction port is about a centimetre longer because the aug would always have FTE (failure to extract) due to the opening being too small. Ef88 also has a bolt release button for faster reloads. And the cocking handle folds up so I doesn't get caught on vines and shit like the aug did and also folds down to a greater angle so you don't fuck up your fingers on the rail cocking it.
>>
>>34681019
The Indonesians are fucking good shots, so they pretty much always win. There are some fucking good shots in the Chinese army too. One pair came third for the sniper round. Beat Australia. Came after the US who came second I believe
>>
US Marine here, DON'T GO FOR THE M4. It's like a succubus, she looks and feels amazing but once you fuck her you realize that you've fucked up.
>Reliability
EF88 All fucking day. In dusty conditions a M4 WILL die, and in muddy/water conditions KB's are VERY possible. And bees, fuck bees.
>Accuracy
Can both rifles hit a human torso at 300M? Yes.
>Terminal effectiveness
EF88 with a 20" 50cm barrel will shit all over a 14.5" 36cm M4 and will have less OAL.
>Cleaning/mantianence
EF88 as a piston design dosent shit in its mouth.
>comfort
EF88 with the weight mostly in the rear, it's comfy as fuck to carry. M4? With the stock collapsed you lose your leverage and it "feels" heavy.
>>
>>34681413
Interesting view there mate. As I said, I personally think it's a good rifle. Perfectly happy with it, but I think the M4 is a better opetion. But you've brought up some good points. I guess since iver never had to carry the M4 for long periods, I don't know the system as well as you so I'll take your word on those flaws
>>
>hurr durr muh domestic service rifle (((licensed copy)))
>oi m8 turns out we've gone and ausfucked a perfectly good rifle
>>>shit tier QC
>>>M203 isn't a Modular system and has numerous proprietary parts
>>>all optics and irons included with original f88 literally suck ass
>we can totally fix it this time around

You should just take a page out of Kiwi book and buy LMT CQB16 and not let a single Australian touch any part of the production process
>>
>>34681498
hahahaha fucking yes!
We australian's like to fuck our gear. Though i have to say the EF88 is the first bit of Australian designed kit that doesn't suck balls.
Probably because we fucked off defence industries and go with thales now
>>
>>34680065
>talisman sabre
Oh man. I'm a yank who was at the staffex portion and Jesus it was a shitshow. Not the aussies, mind you... y'all are actually like well trained and shit. But I have zero faith in our command and their ability to win an asymmetric COIN fight.

You aussies though...you get paid better and trained better even though your Army shits on you as much as ours does to us. Sometimes I think about transferring over, I heard you're looking for Intel guys with clearances
>>
File: talisaber.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
talisaber.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I remember TaliSaber.

>after FTX get ok to all get drunk
>only 3 private
>discover they are serving based on nametag an unit patch
>Yuge eyes all us joes realize
>change tops for alkies, liked the jack& coke pre mixed in cans
>everyone drunk trading tops
>SMAG IS PISSED shutitdown.jog
>find out two days later NCO's cant held their shit

Trade my PC for pic related. good times good times. Fuck the nettles in your jungle course.
>>
>>34681956
Dude the premixed whiskey and cola is fucking legit
>>
>>34682006
That it was, wish i could find it here is usa.
>>
>>34681413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
>>
>>34680065
Jesus fuck fuck off you fucking lid fuck
I am so fucking sick of you fuckers bitching and whining about the steyr
It is a fucking amazing rifle
This mother fucker is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else we've ever had.
Get on a fucking combat shooting course and git fucking gud and learn to use your fucking weapon.
I bet this is your first fucking ts you joob.
Stop fucking shit posting on /k/ and read some fucking tab data cunt.
I swear to god if you're in 3 bde I'll neck you cunt.
>>
>>34682122
Mate. I said I like it. Would've just preferred the M4. And I've been in for 4 1/2 years. Not that long but been around enough
>>
>>34681956
Talking about Tully? Yeah, that's fucked. Gympie and what a while ruins your day
>>
I swear, sometimes I think Aussies make up words as they go as a joke to see if Anglos from elsewhere will call them out on it.
>>
>>34682158
what'reyoutalkin'abeet?
>>
>>34680065
Sweet, good to know they got the 88 tuned up a little.
I always found the sight picture a bit off with the armour on as well and I'm a bit lanky so somewhere in the averages, someone likes it I guess. The adjustable stock M4's where nicer for that in that you could dial them in to suit and the other kicker which pissed me off a bit was the magazine not being free-falling which made for a tiny bit slower reload and alternating between right-left shoulder is much more comfortable with an M4. That said, half of the bullpup design is a bit 'mental' in that old gronks like me where brought up shooting on a more conventional platform and get a bit out of sorts.

How is the new optics on them?
>>
>>34682185
New sights are fucking amazing. Has a switch to go from 1x for quick target acquisition and good spacal awareness, then you switch it to go 4x for actually shooting cunts. Has a red dot you can turn on and off too.
>>
>>34682209
Yeah that's some pretty fancy shit, I'd heard down the grapevine that they where leaps and bounds over the old ones.
>>
>>34680065
>Talisman sabre
don't you mean Raptor Laser
>>
>>2233
Don't you mean Optical Shark Eye?
>>34682155
Smile. big guy....
>>
>>34681106
Uhhh what? The Aussies won the sniper concentration mate. Then the Japs came in second with Indo third. Not Aussie myself but my fourth time competing there in both rifle sections and sniper concentration. China only showed once and are never coming back after shaming their country. We had to sneak the Chinese shooters drinks from the bar as only their officers were allowed to drink.
>>
File: IMG_1547.jpg (86KB, 1743x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1547.jpg
86KB, 1743x529px
>>34682252
My bad. They came 2nd
>>
File: IMG_1546.jpg (158KB, 655x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1546.jpg
158KB, 655x960px
>>34682252
This Chinese bloke also came 2nd for service rifle at 100m
>>
>>34682274
That's 2016, International results. Check the overall results. Aussie pairs stomped everyone that year. Brits were thrid and kiws fourth in that list that didn't include the aussies.
>>
>>34682006
>>34682038
The worst bit is pre-mix used to be as cheap as a bottle of the spirit. Now its about twice the price.
>>
>>34682279
Also Thats for one of the 60 or so shoots you LID go find the champion s
>>
>>34682209
What optic?
>>
>>34682122
This.
>>
>>34682375
Elcan's Spectre. If you know the old C79 sight Maples use you know the one. For manlets the issue with sight picture requires the user to 'cant' the weapon slightly. It's not exactly rocket science...
>>
>>34680065

I never understood why new bullpup designs, like the Aug A3 or the EF88, still didn't bother to shorten the LOP. Would moving the pistol grip half an inch closer to the magazine really be that bad?
>>
>>34682442
Report back on it if you can. I'm curious to know if the external windage and elevation adjustments are a good idea. Seems full retard to me.
>>
>>34682462
>AUG with shorter LOP
Holy shit nightmare mode. Do you have Trex arms?
>>34680065
>But we still should've gone the M4 route
nah. classic "what the other guy has is better" syndrome.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.