[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Italy the eternal no operators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 24

File: flag-it.png (5KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
flag-it.png
5KB, 400x266px
Why this country are so lame in the war?
>pathetic in the napoleon wars
>pathetic in the WW1
>pathetic in the civil spanish war
>super pathetic in the WW2
>>
>>34679158

Because Italy, like all catholic majority countries, is really just a mess of local provinces, cities and fiefdoms that agree to get along. This happens in Spain and Mexico, too.

More specifically northern Italy and southern Italy are largely incompatible with each other (one is mostly French the other closer to a thing like Corsica or Sicily) and Rome is a shithole of a city run by pedophiles. This has led to the creation of two national police forces that don't like each other. Also America pays for all their defense.
>>
>>34679158
Can someone name one cool battle the Italian military has been involved in that is post-Roman empire?
>>
>>34679178
This.
But maybe spain is political separate but always in his history spain have such brave soldiers
>>
>>34679158
They operated so hard during the Roman Empire, that they collapsed. The Italian peninsula has been devoid of operators since 476 AD.
>>
File: 1500959025024.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1500959025024.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>34679210
But remember romans are not italians
>>
>>34679210
True. If what I've read is correct the only branch of the Italian military that did anything notable in both World Wars was the torpedo boats.
>>
>>34679196
I cant find nothing just some states wars but are italians vs italians>>34679197
>>
>>34679196
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_Souda_Bay
The Italian Navy did some kinda cool stuff during WW2. The surface fleet didn't accomplish much but the submarine force and frogmen were pretty operator.
>>
>>34679158
Nineteenth century officer culture in Italy drew from mercenary feudal despoticism and ingrained long-standing degeneration. Louche, combined with extreme tolerance, cultivation even, of dysfunctional approaches to organization. Carried over into the 20th century. No way in hell these sort of people are going to put their life on the line IRL. If anything fascism was a positive reactionary impulse as far as it went. At the lower levels - peasants will be peasants desu.
>>
>>34679196
Not a battle, but the Alpini divisions fought pretty well all things considered on the eastern front in WWII.
>>
>>34679315
>Elitist,corrupt and cowars officials
Italy strong
>>
>fighting when you have such cool way of life and the most beautiful woman in the world
Lel
>>
>>34679196
Arditi in WW1
Alpini in WW1 and WW2
Bersaglieri in WW2
Folgore paratroopers at El Alamein
Decimas Mas X in WW2
>>
>>34679178
Almost at point anon, but the problem is not internal division (which was the case also for Germany for example), but catholicism itself. Spiritual type promoted by catholicism is passive and concentrated on inner self (soul) rather than on external world, therefor catholic nations are ineffective both in warfare and other areas of human activity.
>>
File: 1497997105835.png (30KB, 440x257px) Image search: [Google]
1497997105835.png
30KB, 440x257px
>>34679158
>>
>>34681909
>muh protestant ethics memes
Luther pls.
>>
if we believe warthunder it had the best ww2 fighters :^)
>>
>>34679263
Yea I have heard that italian frogmen were the shit in WW2.
>>
>>34679158
Although mostly ineffective, Italy has a few notable instances of military comprehension, like the Alpini in the world wars. However, what they lack in combat efficiency they make up with fucking plumes in their helmets. Also I heard their police force is somewhat decent but I could be wrong
>>
File: IMG_4302.jpg (153KB, 626x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4302.jpg
153KB, 626x960px
>>34682001
Forgot pic related
>>
>>34681909
>meanwhile at La Rochelle, the french protestants and the english navy get btfo by a catholic cardinal expert in major engineering feats and absolutely fabulous looks.
>>
>>34682011
tfw you will never be a cardinal inspecting his missile launching pads
>>
>>34681975
>>34682011
Catholicism in France was never embraced as much as in say Spain, Poland or Italy. Absolutist monarchy did not allow to church to gain monopoly on mindset to not loose influence.

But regardless, catholic countries fare worse than protestant countries, sorry.
>>
>>34681909
anglicanism is literally a version of catholicism
>>
>>34682019
WRONG

France was one of the most Catholic country until the Revolution. When they got rid of monarchy the church followed. Revolutionaries had a deep hate for the church and followed masonic humanitarianism. Some years later they financed the Italian Reunification, wich stole the Papal State and created a conflict between the new Italian nation and the Vatican that would have been resolved only when Mussolini got in power.

Than WW2 happened and Catholicism got cucked by the Second Vatican Council. The South American model of Catholicism wich has been prevalent since is nothing of what the religion used to be in Europe.
>>
>>34682030
Oh anon it's not about differences in ceremony and particular interpretation of supernatural. What matters is what kind of behaviours and worldviews religion and culture (shaped by religion) promote. If culture of nation promotes acting upon world and shows it in positive light, that nation thrives. If religion glorifies martyrdom, eremites, poverty, then we end up with wicked mindsets which are highly destructive for individual and social life. Societies with bad culture are unable to do effective collective work (like warfare), instead they turn to crime and corruption.

Pic shows quite clearly difference between protestant and non-protestant countries. Notice how Austria-Hungary, Russia and southern Europe share same problems. Remember how weak militarily they usually were.
>>
>>34682076
>pic of homivcide rates somewhat related to military power
>Austria-Hungary, Russia weak military

Is this post an elaborated ruse?
>>
>>34682051
Catholic=/= catholicised, I wrote that already.

Notice how similiar acts against Church did not happened in other countries, which were deeper into it (like Spain, Poland etc.). Great support for anti-church movements throughout French history only shows that France was taken by catholic mindset.

Another interesting example is Teutonic Order which actions (and military feats) are shunned by modern catholics. I think the reason why after beign defeated by Kingdom of Poland they embraced Protestantism so fast, because it reflected their mentality much more. And two centuries later Prussia was main player in Europe, while having miniscule population (2 mil. vs 11 mil in Poland for example).
>>
>>34682102
>pretending not understanting my well-though sentences
>accusing of ruse

I will quote myself because I'm quite tired.

>Remember how weak militarily they usually were.
>societies with bad culture are unable to do effective collective work (like warfare)
>>
I can't believe how these threads are always utter shit
>>
>>34682105
fug, it should be
>was not taken
>>
File: t-i-tip-of-the-hat.jpg (36KB, 415x334px) Image search: [Google]
t-i-tip-of-the-hat.jpg
36KB, 415x334px
>>34682112
>my well-though sentences
>>
>>34682120
not an argument
>>
>>34682133
>stefan molymeme follower

wew lad
>>
>>34682147
not even. But you know, answering like that won't make your favourite religion looking better.
>>
>>34682171
Now you are making ad hominem accusation of me making preferences. It's not my fault you have expressed a poor concept filled with false analogies because you wanted really bad to prove a point that have no ground to stand on.
>>
>>34682216
Yeah, yeah, still did not heard any counter-argument from you. Tiresome.
>>
>>34682230
>>34682102
>>
>>34682019
>Fille ainée de l'Eglise
>Avignon papacy
>Catholic League of France
>St. Bartholomew's Day massacre & french wars of religion in general
You're full of shit.
>>
>>34682235
That you call counter argument? Like I have to proof that performance of Russia and Austria-Hungary was sub-par to protestant states? That bad society does not contribute to war effort?
>>
>>34682239
Read my other posts. I don't argue that France was not a catholic country. I argue that French spirit was not very catholic, which manifested in social activness of the French, compared to zombified nature of Spanish, Polish etc, which allowed them to be military power in comparison to extremly catholic rump states.
>>
>>34682241
You post a pic of homicide rates. That has no connection to the argument discussed, you just posted it to poison the well showing a good examples of protestant states and a bad example for the others.

Than you claim that Russia and Austria-Hungary were military weak wich is false. So now you move the goalpoast by saying that "Russia and Austria-Hungary was sub-par to protestant states". Wich is a very shady description, since you can give "sub-par" whatever definition suits you. At this point you are already far away from the original connection you were trying to make between weak military and Catholicism.
>>
>>34682261
>not true sctosman fallacy
>>
>>34682269
Pic was a part of wider description it that post and
others. And problem itself is wide in my opinion.

Well should I show everything explicitly? Austria and Russia (and other catholic/orthodox/bad cultured countries) were more often losing to protestant states than winning over them. Of course situations were complex, other protestant states were involved, etc., but I am pretty sure that national spirit is essential.
>>
>>34682273
Not at all. It is not about declarations of certain faith. Certain society may be technically catholic, but ideas around it and picture of religion showed in that society may be different than in another "catholic" society. Great example may be Bavaria which had catholic population, that since unification of Germany was raised in protestant fashion and around protestant ideas.
>>
File: 1494173964954.jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494173964954.jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
> Threadly reminder that Italy bribed the Talibans in a valley of Astan to carry out their bullshit without attacking the Italian FOB.
> Said FOB had the lowest contacts and firefights
> When the French took control of the FOB after the Italians, they logically expected zero threats
> Since the bribing stopped when the Italians left, the talibs fell on the unsuspecting French patrol with full strength and caused one of the deadliest mess in the history of French presence in Afghanistan.

Never trust a macaroni to do their job or watch your back
>>
>>34682303
>French in charge of being butthurt
wasn't there zero proof of the spaghettis bribing the durkas?
I know the secret services sold missiles to Hamas once, but that's another story
>>
>>34682296
Your chauvinism is showing.
>>
>>34682325
Now thats an ad personam! And quite a sad one.
And btw. I was never protestant, if that will matter to you.
>>
>>34682323

Of course we are butthurt!

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/10/italian_bribes_to_taliban_gets.html

https://pri.org/stories/2009-10-20/italy-charged-bribing-taliban
>>
>>34682343
You don't have to belong to a group of people to show chauvinism in their regard.
>>
File: IMG_20170728_134530.png (60KB, 1080x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_134530.png
60KB, 1080x345px
>>34682351
>literally no proof aside from a report by a bong journalist
though to be fair, spaghettiland's constitution is pretty cucked, there's literally an article saying "hurr war is bad, we won't do war" and it can't be amended
>>
>>34681986
They actually did produce some exceptionallly good fighters during the war. The thing is they weren't available in nearly the numbers that video games show. Similar to joining a match in War Thunder at 5.7 BR and every single german tank is a Tiger, whereas in reality it'd be one Tiger and a handful of Panzer IVs.
>>
>>34682303
>Threadly reminder that Italy bribed the Talibans in a valley of Astan to carry out their bullshit without attacking the Italian FOB.

>>34682351

literally french lies, /k/ still believing them years after being exposed as so
>>
File: 1038253623.jpg (149KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
1038253623.jpg
149KB, 1000x541px
>>34679158
It's swapped between the military and police, due to the Mafia presence. In Italy, the Police are hardcore operators, but the military is all a bunch of LARPing gear queers.
>>
Whats strange is that Italy is actually at the apex or ahead of the curve on most technological developments.

They fielded tanks, jets, and machine guns at the same time as the rest of the Western powers.
>>
File: 4w9dDox.jpg (46KB, 447x665px) Image search: [Google]
4w9dDox.jpg
46KB, 447x665px
>>34679158
>Why this country are so lame in the war?

Too many smoking hot Italian women to focus on.
>>
File: Only War.jpg (990KB, 2170x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Only War.jpg
990KB, 2170x1450px
>>34679196
does this count
>>
>>34682261
>implying France didn't crusade at every occasion (including against non-catholic christians)
>implying France didn't create the Inquisition
>implying France didn't put heretic animals on the stake.
>implying french kings weren't at the mercy of parisian preachers
>implying the tocsin isn't synonym with "someone is gonna end up ripped to shreds by a frenzied mob".
>implying said french fanatics didn't literally eat people at times.
>implying the french religion wars (all 8 of them) weren't borderline genocides
>implying the protestants didn't end up hiding in mountain caves and feeding on mushrooms for generations, or travelling hundreds of kilometres on hidden trails, just to escape the hunts.
Yeah, catholics in medieval France were fucking mellow.
>>
>>34682670
Since I have time I'll explain what actually happened.

Italy's "bribing" was nothing more than being nice to the civilian population. They weren't assholes, they shared food and cigarettes, they treated them nicely. They were liked for that. The whole fucking point of "peacekeeping".

Then it's time for the Italians to leave and the french to take their place. The Italians have no reason to warn the French of anything: they were just being nice people.

And then the French start behaving like French. Which is, as assholes. Rude to the civilians, sometimes escalating to minor beatings. Shot goats as target practice (they do it all the time), and if the goat herders dared to say something it was a beating.

And then they are surprised when they are attacked in force. But there wasn't any attack with the Italians! How is this possible?

Clearly the answer is that Berlusconi bribed them.
I mean, what else could it be?
>>
File: 1474446107313.jpg (90KB, 817x434px) Image search: [Google]
1474446107313.jpg
90KB, 817x434px
>>34682542
> Two allied countries currently undergoing joint operations are trying to avoid a controversial topic by denying the charges
>Somewhat proof nothing happened

Next you'll say the French don't pay ransom for their hostages because they deny doing so and there's no proof online except journalist claims

>>34682670

Pls post proof that debunk it.

The Italians had declared the zone talib free on the joint Intel map. Were they lying or just incompetent? Either way the result is some good men died because of cowardly / incompetent macaronies
>>
>>34682738
There's no official debunking because it would have ruined France's professional look. But I have met several officers in the Italian Army that confirmed what really happened. And I know a few French guys that talked with French Army officers that confirmed it as well (while downplaying the violence against the civilians).

I am sorry but this is the kind of thing you'll never read about. You can only hear it from people that were involved in it.
>>
>>34682542
>spaghettiland's constitution is pretty cucked
That's what happens when you lose a world war
>>
File: 1501244497970.jpg (99KB, 720x671px) Image search: [Google]
1501244497970.jpg
99KB, 720x671px
>>34682730
>French used goats as target practice and beat up the angry herder

Haha wut? Nigger I was in Astan and that shit never happened, it would be a fucking slam card immediately. You don't need to believe me, even a teenager would know that shit never happened you lying sack of shit. Please do me a favor and kill yourself swiftly
>>
>>34682752
>literally french lies, /k/ still believing them years after being exposed as so

>there's no debunking except my word

Well which one is it Giuseppe?
>>
File: don.jpg (116KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
116KB, 480x325px
>>34681909
>>
>>34682730
First time I've heard about that kind of thing.
I was posted in Africa twice, and that wasn't the attitude of the french troops there.
I think you're lying.
>>
>>34679158
Because they're darkies
Admit it, all darkies fucking suck dick at war. Except the asian ones
>>
>>34682730
>itt: things that never happened
You are welcome to provide any source for your claims "the frogs are oh such monsters who ate children raped goats and burned women" from any remotely recognized website as a source. In the meantime the bribes from the Italian secret services are well documented and proven.
You are full of shit.
>>
File: a1DyCZq.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a1DyCZq.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>34679158
>Why this country are so lame in the war?
If you lived here, with lovely women and good food, would you bother with war?
>>
>deployed 2 times, ISAF & KFOR
>both times under Italian RC
>had to deal with Italians constantly
They are one of the worst people to work with, lazy as fuck, arrogant, their food is shit, no one speaks English not even higher ranking officers and they simply do not give a damn if someone tells them something.
>>
Not always pathetic.
The italian colonel that led the first attack against Bir Hacheim got his tank destroyed 3 times, and boarded the nearest one to resume command every time.
When the fourth tank was disabled, he was captured, told the french he was sorry to be at war against them because they were brothers-in-arms in ww1 and his wife was french, but as an officer of the Regio Esercito he had to obey the orders of the Duce; and he spent the rest of the battle playing cards with legionnaires.

Sometimes it feels like they just see war as boring and unproductive.

>>34682008
what patches are those ?

>>34683101
>their food is shit
whaaaaaaaaaat?
Italian MREs are delicious.
>>
>>34683089
No. I'd want to eat good food, drink good drinks, and fuck pretty women
>>
>>34682711
heh she really soaks my spag if you get my drift
>>
>>34682787
>>34682853
>>34683070
>the single country responsible for fucking off most of Africa since the end of WW2 has never done anything bad or retarded in the wars it fought
>>
Still muh weapons export and no major happening in the recent terrorism years
>>
>>34684760
>goalshifting, the post
>>
File: 1481724937712.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1481724937712.gif
871KB, 245x230px
>>34682787
>Qu'est-ce que tu viens juste de dire sur moi petite salope ? je te ferais savoir que je suis sorti premier de ma classe dans la légion étrangère, et j'ai participé à de nombreuses attaques surprises contre Al-Quaeda, j'ai plus de 300 victimes confirmées. Je suis entrainé aux tactiques de gorilla et je suis le meilleur sniper de toutes les forces armées françaises. Tu n'es rien de plus qu'une autre cible. Je te ferais disparaitre de cette putain de planète avec une précision jamais-vue auparavant, souviens-toi de mes putains de paroles. Tu peux pense que tu peux t'en sortir après avoir dit de la merde sur moi sur Internet? Réfléchis-bien, enculé. Au moment où nous parlons je contacte mon réseau d'espions à travers le globe et ton IP se fait tracer en ce moment même alors prépare toi à la tempête, vermine. La tempête qui va balayer cette pathétique petite chose que tu appelles ta vie. T'es putain de mort gamin. Je peux être n'importe où, n'importe quand, et je peux te tuer de plus de sept-cent manières, et cela juste à mains nues. Je suis non seulement très entrainé au combat à main nue, mais j'ai aussi accès à l'arsenal entier de l'Armée de Terre de la République et je l'utiliserai à son maximum pour rayer ton petit cul du continent, espèce de petite merde. Si seulement tu avais su la vengeance impie qui t'attendait grâce à ton petit commentaire "malin", peut être tu aurais fermé ta gueule. Mais tu ne l'a pas fait, non tu ne l'a pas fait, et maintenant tu en paye le prix, putain d'abruti. Je vais te chier dessus jusqu'à ce que tu te noies dedans. T'es putain de mort, gamin.
>>
File: ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (68KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
68KB, 680x671px
>>34684812
10/10
>>
>>34684795
am I the only one to find italian tanks rather aesthetic?
>>
>>34684611

> Italian MREs are delicious.

What? Italian rations are among the worst. They are heavy, use cardboard boxes and metal cans, have little actual food - mostly crackers, snack bars, and other stuff. The actual food is potted meat and other garbage, and in a days ration there's maybe one "meal". Their field chow is pretty good though..
>>
File: centauro-155-39-010[1].jpg (211KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
centauro-155-39-010[1].jpg
211KB, 1024x575px
>>34685290
>not loving biscotti
This is disgracing, anon.
>>
>>34682542
I mean, afterwe lost the world the country fell into the hands of faux-commies and "religious democrats"
>>
>>34685621
meant to say war, im tired.
>>
File: Anni-Piombo.png (99KB, 609x278px) Image search: [Google]
Anni-Piombo.png
99KB, 609x278px
>>34685621
Daily reminder that the Italian Catholic party was disbanded for New Masonry infiltration. Literally, Its not tin-foil hat.

>>34684779
We had our ration of terrorism but it was by the hands of commies.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Lead_(Italy)
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Brigades
>>
>>34681909
So, who do you think managed to kick out the Muslims from the Iberian Peninsula during the The "Reconquista"?
>>
>>34682730
>Rude to the civilians, sometimes escalating to minor beatings. Shot goats as target practice (they do it all the time), and if the goat herders dared to say something it was a beating.
I'll take "things that never happened" for five dollars.
>>
>>34679196
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Savoia_Cavalleria_at_Izbushensky
>>
File: 1500787591796.gif (540KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500787591796.gif
540KB, 225x225px
>>34679224
Uh, are you sure about that? It's extremely likely that modern Italians are the direct descendants of Romans.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.