[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 9mm suitable for hunting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
Is 9mm suitable for hunting?
>>
>>34678080
Hunting small pests? I've never gone hunting anything bit if .22lr is good for small pests why wouldn't 9mm?
>>
>>34678094
By that logic a .50 cal is suitable for small pests.
>>
>>34678080

If a .357 is good enough for deer a good 9mm out of a carbine is fine.
>>
>>34678321
Expanding or would you want something with more penetration?
>>
>>34678113
>implying it's not
>>
>>34679234
Vaporizing squirrels with a 50 is as close as we'll ever be to using a fallout laser.
>>
>>34678321
You would want a more tailored 9mm load. Actually on this subject, been thinking about hunting yotes on national land using my mp5 for laughs. Anyone got some good tips or the like?
>>
>>34679223
More penetration, just place your shot well.
>>
>>34678080
9mm+P hollow points out of a 16" barrel is fine within 50 yards. Be careful with your shot placement, as you damned well better be anyway. Don't forget to plug the magazines so they don't hold more than your local hunting laws allow in a semiauto.
>>
>>34678080

Will 9mm kill an animal, even a large animal, when utilized in a carbine configuration with dozens of rounds in a magazine?

Yes, you can probably mag dump into a grizzly and it would die.

Is it humane and not a shitty little fuckboy way of hunting?

No, you would almost certainly cause undue suffering to the animal and be a little bitch ass clown.

Use a proper rifle round to take game. Even a .223 is vastly better for the animals quick death than 9mm is. Don't be a cheap fuck, buy a proper rifle before you go into your local forest and start torturing animals.

Hunting is 100 percent one of the most humane ways of taking animals for meat, they get to love a happy deer life frolicking and fucking until you tale them out, but be responsible and hunt with a proper round.
>>
>>34679267
But Fallout lasers suck balls.
>>
>>34679306
>Yes, you can probably mag dump into a grizzly and it would die.
That's not even true, you'd just piss that thing off and it'd come grab the gun out of your hand and stick it up your ass before it ate you.

Bears' skin and bones are no joke. It'd be like the equivalent of a human getting shot with a BB gun, if you're lucky
>>
File: Bella-Twin-Grizzly-Record.jpg (20KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bella-Twin-Grizzly-Record.jpg
20KB, 351x450px
>>34679326
some lady with a .22L held the world record for largest grizzly taken for awhile. Shot placement is everything.
>>
>>34678321
....ow

I haven't run into stupid so bad it hurts in a while.

lighter bullets + less case capacity = yep same

again. Ow.
>>
File: Bella-Twin-Bear-Skull.jpg (20KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
Bella-Twin-Bear-Skull.jpg
20KB, 600x428px
>>34679421
22L is a bit weaker than .22lr yet even managed to drill through the skull multiple times. Makes you wonder how so many hunters fail to kill animals with even .30 caliber cartridges.
>>
>>34679529

Yes your stupid hurts.

357 is .357 bullet size and 9mm is .355 size. Out of 6 inch barrel your looking at 1200 FPS give or take 100FPS depending on the loads. 9mm out of a 6 inch barrel has the same FPS range again depending on the loads.

Just under 1300FPS for a 124grn speer gold dot out of a 6inch barrel.125grn golden saber 357 magnum is also just under 1300FPS out of a 6 inch barrel.

Lucky gunner barrel length on revolver
BBTI ballistic by inch for 9mm
Those are the two sites I gotten data for FPS out of 6 inch barrels.

Again it's by the load , weight and powder that effects velocity and impact. So again if a 357 is good enough for deer a 9mm carbine is fine.
>>
>>34679730
I hunt jackrabbits with a compact 9mm handgun and the damage is pretty impressive.
>>
>>34679730
Why do you conveniently ignore the .357 data on BBTI that proves you wrong?
>>
>>34680172

BBTI: Real world weapon , colt python 6inch barrel lowest FPS 1153 , highest 1387

BBTI: real world weapon , 9mm , sig P210 target 6 inch barrel lowest 1037 , highest 1561.

So again depending on multiple factors your looking at vast FPS differences on the weight , powder charge and type of manufacturing.

So what exactly dose it prove wrong when using the same length barrel at 6 inches. 9mm taps on that data board at 1751 16 inch barrel and 357 at 2057 at the same length. 300FPS difference , big damn woop , a good 9mm will perform same as a good 357 taking out large game like deer for instance.

300FPS invalidates my claim of 9mm carbine with good ammo is good as any 357 gun. Bravo.
>>
>>34680423
You know somehow I knew you would pick the python with its low velocities. The 686 they tested with a 4 inch barrel gets nearly 100 fps faster.
And yes 300 fps difference between a 90gr +p 9mm and 125gr 357 is a big deal.
>>
>>34680470

Because me picking same barrel length is a bad thing. Again this dose not have other HP and Hard cast bullets so your millage will vary with bullet to bullet.

My point being again a 9mm carbine ( 6 inch barrel + ) with good ammo will be as good as any 357 hunting deer or large game.

Devil in the detail good ammo for hunting.
>>
>>34679533
>that shot group
>side of the skull
>on a fucking bear
If this is real she had to have magdumped when it was sleeping or hibernating, because there's no way she killed that when it was on the move, let alone attacking her
>>
>>34680626
yeah it seems strange, she said it was in self defense. From what I gather it's a single shot rifle too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.