[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

arming the youth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 58ab14fa76a6052d63f739e0_o_U_v1.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
58ab14fa76a6052d63f739e0_o_U_v1.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
This is going to sound crazy, but does anybody give their children or younger siblings something for protection when theyre out and about doing kid stuff?
When I was a kid we'd bring out .22s just to shoot stuff with (rednecks), but after pic related it occurred to me that for all the urban exploration and messing around in the woods or abandoned places we could have run into something sketchy and im glad we were armed. Now ive got a younger sister and her and her friends do all that same stuff and part of me thinks it would be a good idea to give her a little something extra for protection. She was raised around guns, knows fire arms safety and is perfectly comfortable with them and it would give me and my parents some peace of mind. We're also in bumfuck redneck country so it wouldnt raise many alarm bells
>>
>>34673725
I used to take a 22lr everywhere when roaming around, but you just cant do that shit anymore around here.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it. Times change, the woods I used to play in as a child now have literal insane hobos living in them, and now I carry something more substantial than 22lr.
>>
don't let strangers near you and here's a pocket knife
>>
>>34673725

Where I grew up either there was a big family dog to keep near the kids as they frolicked in the forest and fuck up anything that threatened them. Not that there was much usually. Any kid that didn't have a dog would usually get a gun. My first walkaround gun was a break action .410
and a couple different loads I just kept in a pocket. Probaby at age 11 or 12.
>>
>>34673725
I wouldnt go any bigger then a .22 IMO, a kid carrying around a 9mm looks a lot worse then a little pop .22 gun (if that makes sense, I know it doesnt). Its very dependent on where you live too, I carried .22s and break actions around when I was like 14 but this too was redneck country. As for safety, tell her to travel in numbers, have a good phone and if something feels wrong GTFO and dont be subtle about it. Those poor girls in delphi were bum rushed but I find a lot of cases like this something seems "off" but you dont want to seem crazy or rude because social norms dicatet thats wrong so you dont take off when you should and then its too late
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.