[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do you cook your grenades?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: m67-grenade.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
m67-grenade.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
How long do you cook your grenades?
>>
>>34672898
Over an open flame
>>
>>34672898
About 20 minutes at 400°, or 15 in a convection oven. 25 at high altitudes if you're poaching them.
>>
>>34672898
4 seconds
>>
>>34672898
24 hours sous vide, 72 c with a pinch of garlic.
>>
>>34672947
this nigga know how ta cook
>>
>>34672898
>How long do you cook your grenades?

>I empty the contents of the grenade into my mess tin
>Add 200mls of boiling water to mix
>Break apart the fuzing mech for added seasoning
>Mix in appropriate amounts of seasoning for taste
>Cover and wait 10 minutes
>Mix and serve

Perfect meal for the on the go Joe.
>>
>cooking
Just put them in the crockpot when you leave for work and have a nice tender grenade roast when you get home.
>>
>>34672910
oooo, a risk taker
>>
File: catto.jpg (45KB, 621x399px) Image search: [Google]
catto.jpg
45KB, 621x399px
>>34672898
>VIDEO GAME NIGGER DETECTED
>>
>Frag, Delay

wonder if theres any Frag, Instant
>>
>>34673103
Frag, Instant, Type 1
>>
>>34673079
Be careful with this method. It's tempting, but sometimes all you get is a gloppy, grenadey mess that just falls apart all over your plate. You really should read around online for people who've tried to cook the same kind of grenade, and see how it's worked for them. An M26 can cook up dramatically different than a Mk2. Those nubbly ridges make a surprising difference.
>>
>>34673134
No self respecting cook uses instant frags. Do it right, or don't do it at all.
>>
Season with sea salt, coat lightly with olive oil, sauteé medium high on top of a sprig of rosemary.
>>
>>34673172
Perfect. Remember to let it rest before and after for a truly sublime grenade (or pork chop).
>>
>>34673103
Has anyone ever issued impact fused thrown grenades?
>>
Has anyone had good results with marinating their grenades?

I can't seem to get the case to soften up enough to absorb the flavours.
>>
File: homebase.gif (42KB, 421x219px) Image search: [Google]
homebase.gif
42KB, 421x219px
>>34673193
I don't know if they issued them to infantry, but in WWII the Navy had "hand held frag bombs" they'd chuck out the windows out blacked out PBYs in the Pacific. Mostly for harassment. They'd circle a Japanese airbase all night, chucking out empty beer bottles (which whistle while falling), and every third or fourth (on average; done randomly) would have a hand held frag bomb with it.
>>
Usually I stew my grenades in a slow cooker with some garlic cloves and tomato sauce for taste. Hope I could be of help.
>>
File: carolineatoll-warmup.jpg (32KB, 423x268px) Image search: [Google]
carolineatoll-warmup.jpg
32KB, 423x268px
>>34673220
I've had the same issue. You really need to open 'em up first. I recommend removing the fuse mechanism, butterflying them, and marinating them in Italian, with the fuse in the same bag. When it's time to cook, put the fuse back in, wrap the whole thing in twine, and cook in the oven. If you leave a shallow pan of water, with some rosemary in it, on the bottom rack, it'll keep it from becoming too dry (the rosemary's just for personal taste).
>>
Broil it until both sides are a nice golden brown, then low heat and a meat thermometer until it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit
>>
One thing I tried recently that I loved was a dry rub with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, then threw it right in the center of a charcoal grill, for a nice intense heat. Let it sear on one side, rolled it over, seared it on the other, and then I just wrapped it in tin foil and left it on the counter until I was done grilling the vegetables. Simply superb; it basically melted.
>>
>>34672898
.5 to 2.5 seconds at 98.6° serve vigorously
>>
Cost with your favorite dry rub and then wrap it in 2 sheets of parchment paper, followed by 2 sheets of heavy duty foil. Then slow roast the grenade at 225F for 1.75 hours per ounce. You'll get a grenade so tender and succulent you can pull the fuze out with no effort, but it will still have enough firmness to not collapse in a heap.
>>
usually for around 20-25 minutes or until desired crispness on the outside
>>
>>34673571
>per ounce
You mean, 28 hours for a full pound?
>>
>>34673529
>98.6°
Are you sticking it up your ass first?! I mean, the Mk 2, with the nubbly ridges, it might be kind of pleasant, but what if you lose the spoon?! How are you getting it to core body temp?
>>
File: comfy as fuck.jpg (38KB, 311x400px) Image search: [Google]
comfy as fuck.jpg
38KB, 311x400px
>>34673242

>chucking out empty beer bottles (which whistle while falling), and every third or fourth (on average; done randomly) would have a hand held frag bomb with it.

This sounds comfy af.
>>
File: color-guam.jpg (44KB, 392x149px) Image search: [Google]
color-guam.jpg
44KB, 392x149px
>>34673688
Unfortunately, they usually had raging malaria at the time. Sounds comfy af, but those islands sucked.
>>
5 minutes. Oil in the pan, craaaank that bitch to high, brown some onions, then add grenade, soy sauce, and mirin.
>>
>>34673686
At not to but made me laugh
>>
File: IMG_0693.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0693.png
281KB, 371x532px
>>34673134
>>
File: nice.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>34673078
nice
>>
>>34672907
Don't forget to stir frequently
>>
>>34673193

Some of the earliest designs in WWI were impact fuse, but they eventually figured out the damn things were as much of a hazard to the enemy as they were to the people that used them because of how unsafe they were.
>>
>>34672898
5 seconds
>>
PAN

NICE AND HOT

OLIVE OIL: IN

IRON: GRATE

IN

EXPLOSIVE: IN

SALT & PEPPER

BASTE

FUSE: IN

FRAGMENTATION GRENADE

DONE
>>
>>34672898
Thou shalt counteth to the number three, after thou counteth to two, and shall not proceedeth to four.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.