[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Husqvarna Swedish Mausers worth more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

>Standard production at Carl Gustafs continued until 1925, but approximately 18,000 m/96 rifles were manufactured by Husqvarna Vapenfabriks AB during World War II for civilian marksmanship training.[9]

Mauser produced 40,000 m/1896 long rifles between 1895 and 1900, Carl Gustafs Stads Gevärsfaktori 475,000 m/1896 between 1896 and 1932 and Husqvarna Vapenfabriks AB 20,000 m/1896 between 1942 and 1944. Giving a total of 535,000 m/96 long rifles.[10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser#m.2F1896_Long_Rifle
found a lady selling her husband's, I don't think she knows the difference because she's selling it for $400 which is a good deal regardless of manufacturer. How much more is Husqvarna worth?
>>
>>34671498
A Fistful of Dollars.
>>
>>34671519
ok
>>
>>34671535
Would you be willing to pay A Few Dollars More?
>>
>>34671653
you're not helping
>>
>>34671672
You throwing down The Gauntlet?
>>
>>34671693
yes
>>
About tree fiddy.

But seriously, if it's in good condition then buy it. They're exceptional early bolt action rifles.
>>
>>34671498
The good
>>34671653
The bad
>>34672412
The ugly
>>
File: 1499039707653.jpg (378KB, 835x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1499039707653.jpg
378KB, 835x1381px
>>34671498
They're currently not valued much higher than an Oberndorf. The market on these rifles has been soft for a while and is getting stronger, now would be the time to pick one up if it's numbers matching and the bore is good. If the numbers don't match it's worth the same as any shooter grade M96. Also, Mauser only made M96's in 1899 and 1900. The ones produced earlier were M94s.

Protip, if the some of the numbers don't match you can still get NSN parts from Liberty Tree collectors and jew your way into a matching rifle.
>>
Made by a neutral country and a quality manufacturer which has only seen at best some minor UN missions between WW2 and now. It will have spent 99% of its life in storage unless the civilian owners wore it out. It will be firing 6.5x55 Scan which might be more expensive ammo for an American than some others, but compared to regular Mausers and Arisakas and such it'll be a sweet gun. I have a Krag in the same caliber and I love it.

The only thing I am not sure of is whether the Husqvarna will take a scope without some reworking.
>>
File: DSC_0247.jpg (444KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0247.jpg
444KB, 1620x1080px
>>34673755
You can get a mount from SK that puts an LER scope in place of a rear sight, or there's the ACCUMOUNT which has a LER and a standard option, but the standard option makes it so you can't use clips or the stock straight bolt, and fitting a new bolt requires redoing the headspace.

You can also buy repo M41 B mounts, buy that requires inletting the stock and drilling/tapping the side of the receiver, and so is probably less good.

I'm probably buying the LER Accumount for my M96/38 soonish.
>>
>>34673755
Pretty common bubba is to bend the bolt down, otherwise fitting a scope is hard.

Tbh, if you're not in it for the milsurp part, check out other Husqvarna models, they generally hold a very high quality. Their 1900 model is even by todays standards very competitive. Add to it that you can easily mount a scope and shoot modern, hot rounds through them and you have a really nice rifle.

A lot of people make custom builds of the 1900 platform. As an example, VO Vapen (those most expensive million dollar rifles) are based on the 1900 action.
>>
>>34673755

I have a Krag Jorgensen that has the same scope problem. After WW2 these were sold to the civilian market and were rebuilt as hunting rifles with new stocks, I think new bolts, and scopes of course. That is not going to be the fate of my Krag because it is a fully original long 1894 and I am going to treasure it as such. I'll get another bolt rifle to put a scope on soon enough.
>>
>>34673755
How did the majority of Swedish Mausers end up in USA to begin with? They can't be war bring backs and I don't think old mausers has ever been an item of arms sales over the Atlantic after WWII.
Over here in Europe, Swedish Mausers are normally a bit beaten, having served +50 years in the hand of conscripts and national guards.
>>
File: YeOldHunter_ARmar1962.jpg (358KB, 1478x1034px) Image search: [Google]
YeOldHunter_ARmar1962.jpg
358KB, 1478x1034px
>>34675014
>I don't think old mausers has ever been an item of arms sales over the Atlantic after WWII.
Oh Anon you don't even know. The USA is the dumping ground for the entire world's military surplus firearms. UUUUGE influx of old firearms after WW2 ended, and again after the Iron Curtain fell and the Cold War ended.
>>
>>34675014

I have to guess. But most likely they were imported by the big weapon importer companies, the same bunch that brought in all the Arisakas and Yugo mauser etc. The military sellers were only too happy to export the weapons away from the local markets.

I am in Norway, so a bit removed from the US markets really. Since the start of WW2 our army has had Krags in all five variations, Mausers in original and then 7.62x4 rebuilds and even another Mauser chamber rebuild I can't recall, a few thousand Lee Enfields, and we had about 10.000 Swedish M96'es courtesy of the 'police' army we raised in Sweden during WW2. All of that was phased out as we phased in the Garand, which in turn was phased out when we got the HK G3A3, then we got the HK 416 and the adventure will surely continue... The Krag and the Mauser have been popular as civilian hunting rifles with or without new rechamberings, the other bolters I have only seen with collectors and I don't know where they went after being written off by the army. The Garand and the autos were never released for civilian sales.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.