[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the MOAB a meme? How effective is it in our current theaters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3490.jpg (39KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3490.jpg
39KB, 460x259px
Is the MOAB a meme? How effective is it in our current theaters?
>>
>>34671221
not very effective in Afghaniland or Iraq, unless you've found an enemy tunnel system.
If we every got involved in a war in a jungle or heavily wooded area again, the it would be very useful for establishing helicopter LZs.
>>
>>34671257
aaaaaaand thread
>>
>>34671221
Seemed to be pretty effective to me.
>>
>>34671221
Effective enough to be used as a political boot me up and showcased to the world.
>>
>>34671221
>Is the MOAB a meme?

It was in 2003 in which we had them but never used them. However it is less of a meme than the C-130 as our dedicated transit/troop transport when we have C-5 and C-17.
>>
The one they dropped on the tunnel system in Asscrackistan was pretty damn effective. Destroyed the entire tunnel system and caused 100+ enemy KIA. Probably even more were buried in the rubble.
>>
>>34671379
As a 130 crew chief currently in theater, how fucking dare you?
>>
Works really well when you give 0 fucks about collateral damage and collecting intel afterwards, but you can't break out the tactical nukes.

It's a niche weapon.
>>
>>34671379
from the wiki:

> The MOAB was first dropped in combat in the 13 April 2017 airstrike against Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants in Afghanistan.[3]
>>
btw, how did that c-130 meme talon aimed the bomb in nangarhar strike? apparently the strike was pretty accurate.

is moab laser guided or something? i mean the wiki says they simply dropped it from the rear door of c-130...
>>
It's as close to a meme weapon as it gets since the primary effect is psychological. Greater damage can be achieved by simply using multiple JDAMs rippled in the area for example, but this special huge thing called the fucking MOAB gets extra media attention when used.
>>
>>34672715
Or when you're destroying a cave complex a hundred feet underground
>>
>>34672644
GPS guided
>>
File: hahahaaaaaaa.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaaaaaaa.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>34671257
>>34671277
>>34671931
>>34672762

NO NO NO YOU IGNORANT MOTHER FUCKERS MOABS AREN'T GOOD AGAINST UNDERGROUND SHIT STOP SPREADING THIS MEME TO THE NEW FAGS I HATE YOU ALL. MOPS ARE THE UNDERGROUND ONE. MOABS ARE JUST BIG ASS FIREBALL THAT TAKE OUT TANK FORMATIONS IN THEIR PRIMARY USE CASE. STOP MAKING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU IGNORANT MUTHERFUCKERS FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447643/moab-mother-all-bombs-afghanistan-use-analysis
>>
>>34671221
Should be dropped on the city for science.
Maybe on Japan
>>
>>34673239
Hush, 50.
>>
>>34672215
The wiki is wrong lol. it was used in Yemen a couple years before. Fags on the internet always acting like they know it all.
>>
>>34676031
source?
>>
>>34671221
look at what trump did to isis with one
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.