[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever carried while wearing a suit or formal attire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: John-Wick-1-Wallpaper.jpg (240KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
John-Wick-1-Wallpaper.jpg
240KB, 1600x800px
Have you ever carried while wearing a suit or formal attire? Is it comfortable?
>>
>>34670257
>while wearing a suit or formal attire

pff
I wish my life was that interesting.
>>
>>34670257
Not yet, but it only seems like it'd be easier than cc in everyday clothes.

I think the hardest part would be getting a worthy firearm and holster. I'd love to get a black leather shoulder rig to go with my BHP. Anything less seems cheap for a formal occasion
>>
>>34670257
I would have to be a nurse manager to wear a suit, but i get to wear pajamas everyday :D.
>>
>>34670257
I don't wear a suit very often but when I do I carry the same way I always do. IWB 4 O'CLOCK. Feels just like every other outfit carry wise, except my beefy ccw belt doesn't fit the narrow belt loops common of formal trousers, so I have to wear a less supportive belt, which sucks.

If I wore a suit frequently I would bother with suit specific carry, but I don't.

I kind of hate wearing a suit actually. The fadoralord classy suit obsession is, I suspect, only sustainable if you don't actually get forced to wear a suit to work. It gets old fast.
>>
>>34670257
>Have you ever carried while wearing a suit.
Yes
>Is it comfortable?
Depends on your suit, if you have a well tailored suit that fits well it should be comfortable, though if possible have your tailor account for your CCW.
When I have to wear formal wear I prefer suspenders over a belt as it allows better weight dispersion.
If you do go the suspenders route please avoid clips at all costs.
Source: Embassy Security.
>>
>>34671434
Why avoid >clips?
>>
>>34670257
No, but i carry my blades under my leather trench coat very comfortably
>>
With a shoulder holster its more comfortable and concealable.
>>
>>34672021
I'm not even a fashionable guy, but I know that clipped suspenders are like a clip on tie (non hazardous situations notwithstanding) or socks with sandals. They are something a grown man doesn't do.
>>
>>34670515

Do you wear your scrubs when you leave work? That shit is so disgusting.
>>
>>34672357
do they even make pants that accept suspenders anymore? beside the expensive custom suits
>>
>>34672499
You don't keep your hair net on after you are done with the fryers?
>>
Business formal is my baseline for work (mid-high-end department store), so literally every day. I've actually found that 5 o'clock IWB with the gun flipped around (magwell pointing to the right/front) works best for me. Really, as long as your suit is fitted properly, carrying is no harder than in casual attire.
>>
>>34672539

I actually work at a hospital too. Environmental service technician.
>>
https://youtu.be/VuO34MDezzU

yall niggaz dont know shit about shit
>>
>>34672539

So are you one of those disgusting faggots who wear their scrubs outside of work? Which helps spread (which has been proven) germs. You're dealing with people who are sick, it does get all over your clothes. Yet instead of stripping down, you decide to spread that shit by wearing it outside of work.

Which before you give me shit, I went to school to be a rad tech. It's easier to get a job at a hospital if you either suck dick, or start your way at the bottom. I been trained to clean c diff, tuberculosis, drip, ebola, etc. My whole job is to stop the spread of infectious diseases. Yet nurses and the like are so stupid, they throw sharps in the regular trash, sit on their ass all day. They all act like they're so high and mighty, when a teenager can do their job (My mom and a lot of her friends became RNs before they're 18, which was 40+ yrs ago. Which nowadays, most RNs are to retarded to even do a IV.) Either way, our hcahpas is 100 times higher than yours, cause we can actually do the job unlike you. Most hospital deaths have been proven to be related to nurse error. Either way, you're a stupid faggot.
>>
>>34672697
>most RNs are to retarded to even do a IV
I've actually had a nurse fail to take a blood test FOUR TIMES in a row. She ended up getting another nurse to do it. No bruise on the arm he tapped, but the one she tried was blue for 3 weeks.
>>
>>34670257
Yes. ankle holster G26 it is then. thinking about getting a G43 for that but it seems pointless.
>>
>>34672708

Most nurses are retarded. One RN my mom worked with, killed over 10 patients before state came in, because the dumb bitch was confused and gave patients 100cc of morphine instead of 10cc, which over dosed them. Half a million people die each year from nurse and doctor fuck ups, which 70% is from the retarded nurses.

Either way, the person is dealing with some nasty shit, is disgust me to no end when they wear their scrubs outside of the hospital. The environmental services will spend over 1k, to test and make sure a single room is clean, to make sure the person is capable of stopping the spread of the nasty shit. Literally every hospital in the u.s. tells it's its employees to not wear scrubs outside of work. Those people seem to be retarded as duck to listen.
>>
>>34672567
Is that a fancy name for janitor?
>>
Yes and yes.
>>
>>34672730
It's mg, not cc
You all need to stop watching TV shows that show the docs at the bedside >5 minutes a day
>>
>>34672730
>letting nurses handle potentially deadly meds

I don't habeeb it. And I doubt any doctor in charge would let that shit fly bc ultimately it's their ass on the line. Morphine here is treated like a gun. It has a serial number and every cc is protocoled. If a cc goes "missing" the books immediately tell on who's watch it went missing...
>>
>>34672524
It's just buttons inside the waistband. You can add them to any pants. But yes, if you get bespoke clothes then it will be an option.
>>
>>34672744

Pretty much. A regular janitor doesn't spend over a hundred plus hours to learn how to clean up ebola, tb, cdiff, drip, all sorts of infectious diseases that can easily kill you. Like I said, I went to school to be a rad tech (guys who use multi million dollar machines to screen you for cancer) it's hard to just get a job at a hospital, so a lot of people start out as janitors, due to hiring from within is most normal. After I seen the difference Evs makes, also 22 an hour pay (with full benefits), I very much enjoy where I am at.
>>
>>34672775

Nigger, cc was used for a very long time, it's not until recent (last 10ish yrs) they switched to mg. Plus all around the world they still use CC, cause it's a universal way of measuring drugs. So shut the fuck up.
>>
>>34672784

You'd be surprise.
>>
Yes, and no it is not comfortable.

My suit and well tailored and I forgot to take my firearm into consideration, so my carry positions are actually fairly limited. Additionally, suit pants ride higher than casual pants so it makes for a somewhat awkward draw.
>>
>>34672730
I nearly died because none of the 30+ doctors I saw in my birth province bothered to check the B12 levels of a guy who they KNEW had a low blood count and had peripheral neuropathy. If I listened to them and ate less meat, I'd be dead. You should see the faces doctors make when they find out I have spinal degeneration from it.
>>
>>34672854
>in my birth province

r u some kind of chink? pls tell whole story!
>>
>>34672861
Nah, was born in Quebec. Lived in and around the largest city in the province (second largest in the country) and that's what medicare is like, there. Great place to visit, but I'd recommend against living there.

It's so bad that the guy who set up the public health care system called it a horrendous failure, the supreme court ruled that it was so poor that preventing private practices from setting up shop was a violation of human rights and when the healthcare watchdog wrote a report on the effectiveness of various hospitals in the province (only a handful were good and he wanted others to change their standards and protocols in order to emulate the successful ones) the government just defunded the watchdog position entirely because having bad press is clearly worse than a failing medical system.

Old video, but it's pretty fucking accurate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jijuj1ysw

If you get sick or injured in Montreal, it's literally faster to drive to Ontario or the US and get medical treatment there instead than going through an ER in Quebec if it's for anything other than a heart-attack or similarly critical thing.
>>
>>34672884
well you didn't say anything about what happened specifically. docs fucking up isn't really representative of the system, it's just human error. it happens. so there is that....
>>
>>34672901
I once sat in an ER for 32 hours with dysentery. I'd been unable to retain any liquids for two days when I entered the ER. Nearly died of dehydration when all I needed was to be hooked up to an IV. Swab the arm and plug me in. Five minutes tops.
Thirty
Two
Hours
>>
>>34670257

You literally MUST get your tailor to work around the gun
>>
>>34672915
It's odd that your public health sucks so much cock but mine over here in Germany rocks
>>
>>34672923
It's provincial jurisdiction. Quebec is the most corrupt province in the nation.
>>
>>34672884
>clinique
>socialized HC

I kinda dislike the libturd false advertisement here. here in my country, with "socialized HC", your relationship with your doctor is comparable to your relationship with your lawyer in the US. you pic your doc, get treatment, give him your social security card, he plugs it into his computer and then charges your specific insurer. if you don't like the doc, just go to another one until you find one you're comfy with. and yes, there are different "state run" insurers depending on the sector you work in. going to some clinic in a big city with faceleass docs and nurses can't yield anything good... can they even keep files on their patients?
>>
>>34672936
Yeah I heard that Quebec sucks overall. I heard that their STOP signs say "Arret"? Not even the French over here have signs that say that, theirs say STOP like everyone elses' also. What a bunch of weirdo retards.
>>
>>34672357
>>34672524
>>34672787
>something a grown man doesn't do

You say that, but I believe the clip-on style is far more prevalent. I've heard people refer to the button ones as 'British suspenders'. They don't know any better because most people opt for belts instead.
>>
File: classy marines.jpg (398KB, 1057x493px) Image search: [Google]
classy marines.jpg
398KB, 1057x493px
>>34672983
>go to the army for conscription
>get my flecktarns
>odd buttons on the belt loop area with no real use
>half of them tear off within the first two weeks i the field
>later informed they were for suspenders
>mfw imagining being in the field in my flecktarns with suspenders
>>
>>34672775
You're correct, but if the nurse entered 100 into the books and took 100, it wouldn't be noticed. Someone might say 'Gee, that seems like a lot. Hey other nurse, did you see Maggie give this patient morphine?' and the other nurse will say yes, and that's the end of the verification that Maggie isn't stealing it.
>>
>>34672945
Technically, "Stop" has been adopted as part of the French language. Some areas have signs that say both and it's not uncommon to see people vandalize them by crossing out the STOP. Language politics are a large part of why I left Quebec. Had my office raided by the language police.
>>
>>34672744
Janitors with special clearances make BANK, son. If you knew what a janitor at nuclear power plant makes, you'd shit your pants, and they're not even cleaning up anything dangerous.
>>
>>34670257
>Have you ever carried while wearing a suit or formal attire?
Yes. Weddings, graduation ceremonies, etc. I once went to the range after a family photo shoot. Shooting an M16A1 clone in a suit was my most A E S T H E T I C moment ever.
>Is it comfortable?
Yes.
>>
>>34673001

Not much use for suspenders now Trump has outlawed the deviant freaks of nature from serving.
>>
>>34670257
I carry my 1911 or BHP in a shoulder harness while I wear a suit. Quite comfortable and concealable.
>>
>>34672854
>B12 deficiency induced peripheral neuropathy
Isn't that a pretty common cause of that though?
t. recreational NO2 pro
>>
>>34672884
Hahaha
BTFO
Fuck Quebec
It's like the Belgium of Canada
>>
>>34673273
Most people who get that are vegetarians/vegans who cannot into nutrition. Autoimmune cases, like mine, are less common. For me to get enough B12 to maintain normal levels, I would have to ingest over 100 times the recommended daily intake. I take B12 orally, sublingually, eat tons of meat and still need to get 1cc intramuscularly every month. The damage from over 15 years of pernicious anemia is going to be mostly permanent, though.
>>
File: 0.jpg (26KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
26KB, 480x240px
>>34672730
>seem to be retarded as duck
wtf do you have against ducks m8?
>>
>>34672983
Clip on is more prevalent but it look terrible and is less secure than buttons.
>>
>>34670257
Just once when I had to wear a tux. Borrowed a shoulder rig for my PPK.

Felt good man, even for shits and giggles.
>>
CC under a sport coat is GOAT.
>>
>>34675833
I like shoulder rigs in theory but am not a big fan of cross drawing.
>>
File: doeeeet.jpg (28KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
doeeeet.jpg
28KB, 620x470px
>>34672730
I've spent more times in a hospital for either myself or family than the average bear, and I have a couple of rules:

Don't touch anything with your hands, I use my elbow for automatic door buttons

Don't use/touch someone else's pen, I have my own, thank you

Don't touch your face

Cough/sneeze into your elbow

Fist bump, don't shake hands

Wash, wash, wash your hands with soap and water

Hospitals are nasty petri dishes of pestilence, boogums, and mistakes.

Also, if you're unfortunate to have to be there, tell staff you've been exposed to MRSA - better sanitary conditions, and a private room.

Pic related - the last roommate I had before I contracted MRSA
>>
>>34675910
but it felt so cool.

but yeah, not much of a fan, except for during summer, innawoods, onnacanoe fishin'mission.
>>
>>34675927
>>34672730
>>34672708
>>34672697
>>34672499

ITT: Idiots that have no idea how hospitals work or anything about a modern RN's scope of practice.
>>
>>34672730
This. Nurses are idiots.

Blog Time!
My sister-in-law is a nurse. She is also rabidly anti gun. My wife is not, so i tolerate SIL to some degree. Once, she griped that she had to go through a more stringent background (and illicit drug) check for her nurse licensing that anyone did to buy a gun. The face she made when i told her that it was due to the fact that she will kill more people accidentally than i ever would intentionally made my month.

She doesn't talk to me about guns anymore. Her new thing is rapid anti-theism.
>>
>>34675960
>I'm good at my job, therefore you are all wrong
>>
>>34670257
>Have you ever carried while wearing a suit or formal attire?
Yes
>Is it comfortable?
No. But I wear formal attire once every couple years at the most so I imagine with a bit of effort (read: tailoring) it could be made to work just fine.
>>
>>34675960
So you're saying that nurse was just really spiteful and wanted to fill my arm with needless holes? Because that makes me feel so much better about it. Not.
>>
Yes. It's not very different from carrying in normal clothes.
>>
>>34672800
You're thinking mL...much different than mg
>>
>>34673004
O yeh. The way nurses admin and "waste" makes it very easy to make mistakes. But like the other person prob meant to say 100mg is a shit ton and would require a total dumbass to give
>>
>>34670519
If you want the better belt, have a tailor replace the belt loops.
>>
Carried in a couple weddings. Getting measured for the tux can be awkward.
>>
>>34678352
Not rally think of them like a doctor but for your style, purely necessary. Though it helps if you have had a long time tailor. Mine recently retired and his son is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>34678724
I need to find one. I can't find boot cut jeans that are wide enough for carry but are right in the thighs, too fucking baggy for my taste. What's it run to have jeans let in on average,
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.