[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phoenix HP22A - Anyone put some rounds through one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Phoenix 22.jpg (23KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix 22.jpg
23KB, 500x380px
I've got a chance to buy half a dozen of these for about 25% under standard retail, with a 500-round box of 22LR thrown in for free. Operating on the theory that they'll be good to throw in various bugout bags or handed off to allies in an emergency (actually, just operating on the theory that I'm a gun addict and buy new stuff constantly), I wondered if anyone had any experience with these and what you think - especially how good/bad the trigger may be (for what it is).

For what it's worth, I own some damn expensive guns and some dirt cheap ones. I love my Colt Python and my Hi-Point C9. MY Glock 30 and my Charter Arms Bulldog. I just like guns, the only "bad" ones I've had were generally a matter of the gun needing repair than some design flaw.

Anyway, the last micro-guns I got were a pair of Ruger LCP's that were literally the worst guns I've ever owned, identical crappy, crunchy, terrible triggers and general jam machines. Literally never got through one mag without a problem.

I know these are inexpensive guns, but how cheaply made are they? Hi-Point has always been great for me, so if the Phoenix 22 is in that boat (mock it for being cheap/ugly/unrefined/whatever, but it works) I'm okay with it. If it's just utter shit, I'd rather not waste my time.
>>
>>34666837
its a high point with worse magazines
buyiing 1 or 2 for fuckaround cheap guns might be worth it. 6 is a hell no unless you really want to stash mostly reliable guns everywhere.
mostly reliable means ammo sensitive and maybe having to hit it a bit.
>>
>>34666837
First, seek treatment if you have that many guns and still want to buy six identical shitty guns. But they work fine as long as you use high velocity ammo and break it in, their warranty is about as good as highpoint
>>
>>34666837
>ring of fire guns
They're pretty bad. Sub-hipoint, in fact. Most work or can be simply made to work though. Generally though, the .22lr ring of fire guns have a poorer reputation than their .25s and .32s. The .380s suck as well.
Not sure about phoenix but variations on it's base design have been made by a handful of related companies.
I hear the original, the raven .25 is generally the best quality.
I'd honestly enjoy a ring of fire comparo series if for nothing other then technical curiosity
>>
>>34666837
I'd pay no more than $300 for all of them. Do you really need 6 reasonably reliable .22 pistols? Only you can decide.
>>
>>34666915
The HP's aren't QUITE as bad as the common Ring Of Fire gun, their safeties actually work properly as far as I know.
>>
>>34666837
People say they're alright. You're not supposed to use super sonic ammo in them though. If you google cracked frames you'll get a lot of examples of that happening.
>>
>>34668252
>super sonic ammo

kek, ty for your precious advice
>>
>>34666837
I have a really old one and haven't had any problems with it. In fact, it's nice to keep around for the wife. She learned to shoot on it and all that.

I wouldn't get 6 of them, but definitly pick up one for just a pocket pistol to fug around with.
>>
>>34668938
I'd buy a nicer gun for my wife, but that's just me.
Like, seriously, Beretta make some pretty nice .25ACP and .32ACP purse guns.
>>
>>34668974
I inherited it and had it even before I met her. She's not making the leap into carrying a firearm. But when she does I'm gonna steer her to a more user friendly, woman friendly gun.
>>
>>34666837
Trash gun. My father had one when i was young, used it a lot for practice shooting/plinking. Thing was garbage, and the more it was used, the more it broke down. Ended up needing quite a few replacement parts.
Not really worth it unless you understand what you're getting to yourself into here and still wish to buy them.
>>
I own one with both barrels. The deal is you have to use nice 22 for it to feed as reliably as a 22 can and you have to replace the spring every 600 rounds.

I like it well enough. Just don't shoot it too much
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.