[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stealth Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Baby Storm Shaddow Is Born.jpg (352KB, 1600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Storm Shaddow Is Born.jpg
352KB, 1600x1042px
Why should external weapons continue to be 'unstealthy'.

if you can make an aircraft VLO with coatins and fuselage angles, why can't you make weapons in the same way so that the barely increase the RCS of the aircraft?

Pic related - one of the few semi stealthy weapons in service.
>>
>>34666081
>coatins

That should say coatings but I'm a degenerate who didn't proof read.
>>
*Summoning XTX Imperator*
>>
Doesn't russia or somebody have ICBMs hidden in shipping containers that are kept always in transit?
>>
>>34666321
That's not what i'm referring to.

But there are concept videos/images of that, it's unlikely they actually exist as they offer little benefit over SSBN's and I have a feeling they would infringe SALT.
>>
Because aerodynamics and maneuvering > stealth meme
>>
>>34666585
aero and stealth are not mutually exclusive. Especially when you fly in a straight line for 99% of your flight.
>>
>>34666081
TLDR: you can, stealth pylons do exist, but you will slightly increase your vlo by adding anything to the airframe, it's all about how much.

BTW, a common misconception... A heater on a rail wont increase Vlo by much, just that of the heater and rail. It's when you start getting into quad rails and bomb racks does it start becoming a major problem. A radar that can't pick up a F-35 at range won't pick up the heater outside the bomb bay until it would have spotted the F-35 anyways.
>>
File: 7obEOPu.jpg (72KB, 1364x673px) Image search: [Google]
7obEOPu.jpg
72KB, 1364x673px
I'm guessing that the angles where wing meets pylon and pylon meets weapon would be troublesome. Possibly to the point where it's easier and more practical to make shit internal, since that's what the people who work with this stuff has ended up doing instead of missile body kits.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.