[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F-35

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

What's with all the F-35 hate? I've read it makes Russian and Chinese rivals look like 4th gen.
>>
The program was in the shitter really badly from like 2007-2011

Then the memes stuck.

Like how the AR platform is still memed as a jam machine.
>>
File: 1490760575960.png (688KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490760575960.png
688KB, 800x450px
>>34665193
5th gen is a marketing term. Nobody in uniform has ever said it, period.
>>
>>34665208
>Nobody in uniform has ever said it, period.

Uhhh, i will give you one chance to take this back. Only sith deal in absolutes.
>>
File: 1491192095660.jpg (34KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
1491192095660.jpg
34KB, 500x481px
>>34665193
It cost too much due to general fuckery, that is all. Pouring over a $150 billion into a plane while other portions of our military and government fade away? Yeah, that pisses people off.

That said, I think it's a cool plane.
>>
>>34665262
Its basically the cheapest option on the market right now. US is recouping a fuckton of costs by selling to...well...basically the entire western world.

Fuck off with stale memes.
>>
>>34665262
guy on pol said it can take over armaments of other craft, that fake news? can't find anything to back it up.
>>
>>34665346

If they mean by "take over" that it can use armaments launched by other platforms, then yes, that is correct. Using its LPI datalinks an F-35 can engage an enemy without using its own weaponry. This isn't just air to air missiles launched by other aircraft, but also surface launched missiles like the SM-6

https://news.usni.org/2016/09/13/video-successful-f-35-sm-6-live-fire-test-points-expansion-networked-naval-warfare
>>
Don't take it seriously. Remember that the F16 met just as much retarded armchair expert criticism and drama back during its dev cycle and look how well it turned out.

F35 bashing is little more than a memelord pasttime desu.
>>
File: RAF-USMC F35 3.jpg (90KB, 2048x1134px) Image search: [Google]
RAF-USMC F35 3.jpg
90KB, 2048x1134px
>>34665278

The UK made minimal contributions but because BAE is so heavily involved it gets 20-30% of the profit from each jet sold. |

feels good
>>
>>34665193
I don't think I've encountered much criticism of the F-35 from people who knew what they were talking about. Generally it's from people who think stealth is about invisibility and don't even realize aircraft require logistics.
>>
>better than slav shit and chink shit
That's not saying much
It is mostly due to the excessive cost of the thing compared to F-16 or F-18 upgrades
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pgiq-TlmSo

Latest Sprey BTFOing
>>
>>34665208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxK6O5--9Z0
>>
>>34665733
>and look how well it turned out.
Worse than the F-35 at the same point?
>>
Gashunk!
>>
>>34666287
Bae sounds like something Brits would call their girlfriend
>>
>>34665222
Find a source to back up you claim.Do or do not,there is no try.
>>
>>34666287
https://www.f35.com/global/participation/united-kingdom-ip

uk will build > 15% of the plane,

The fingerprints of British ingenuity can be found on dozens of the aircrafts key components. BAE Systems, GE Aviation, Martin-Baker, SELEX, Cobham, Ultra Electronics, UTC Actuation Systems and Rolls-Royce are just a few of the more than 100 U.K.-based suppliers for the program.

hardly a minimal contribution.... youre just more bait
>>
>>34666520
This interview was great, just one hour of pure
>WELL SONNY YA SEE, THE F-35 IS AN INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE AIRCRAFT BECAUSE OF 'x'
>Well actually, I flew the F-35 (as well as nearly all of our 4th gen aircraft), and 'x' isn't an issue.
>WELL YOU'RE ON A GOVERNMENT PAYCHECK DONT WANNA LOSE YOUR JOB DO YA?
>>
>>34668359
>I'm retired, how exactly would I lose my paycheck speaking honestly?
>>
>>34665262
Nice hiss
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.