[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future of the firearms market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1499512528806.png (90KB, 275x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499512528806.png
90KB, 275x250px
Looking back on it in the past decade, it has almost completely turned 180 degrees.
AKs and military surplus use to be cheap, common, and the guns of choice for poorfags and ARs use to be expensive and for richfags.

Today, with the massive surplus of ARs after the election hysteria, AKs becoming more expensive, and surplus drying up, it's almost like bizarro world.

What comes next though? What will the market look like in the next 5-10 years in terms what kinds of guns are available?
Will ARs also dry up? Will American AKs get better? Will a new gun take the market by storm like the AR did?
>>
>>34665028

Everything cheap and quality is banned from import and most fun ideas are regulated away for stupid reasons. I'm with you anon, I need more options, I've got the standard AR, several polymer pistols, custom long range rifle, and shotgun niches filled.

I want new stuff
>>
ACR will become the rifle to beat if Shrubmaster ever gets their shit together. The price has already dropped like $1000.

Remington makes an even more modernised version but they won't release it to the public for some reason.
>>
>Will American AKs get better?

They will, as soon as someone worth their salt makes a decent one. The market will ask for it, and someone will answer with all that is asked for.

>Forged trunnion
>Forged BCG
>Chrome-lined barrel

After someone fixes those issues in US AKs, the market will take care of the price.
>>
>>34665260
>Remington makes an even more modernised version but they won't release it to the public for some reason.

But they have no problem dumping out two pistols that nobody's buying.
>>
>>34665324
No point if the cheap Russian ammo goes away.
>>
>>34665324

Are the PSA AKs good? I've been tempted with buying one
>>
>>34665350
For lack of understanding I pose a stupid question, why dont we just make our 7.62 variants in the U.S.?
>>
>>34665350
Because the US is incapable of making shitty remanufactured 7.62 or 5.45 ammo for plinking, right?

Again, the market will take care of it. At least in the free states.
>>
>>34665396
Ammo: couldn't be priced low enough to be worth shooting.

Rifles: they've made a few and they're all shit. Better off spending $1k more on a professional kit build.
>>
>>34665388
They CAN be. Problem is they sell different tiers of quality. You need to know what you're getting.
>>
>>34665028
Blame NRA lobbying efforts
>>
>>34665417
>Because the US is incapable of making shitty remanufactured 7.62 or 5.45 ammo for plinking, right?
Apparently, yes. Otherwise I'd have expected someone to have picked up the slack literally years ago.
>>
>>34665417
>Because the US is incapable of making shitty remanufactured 7.62 or 5.45 ammo for plinking, right?

If you don't mind paying brass case .308 prices for 2-3moa at best rounds, Americans can do that. As long as you don't want a whole lot of it because they need to get back to producing 5.56.

It'll take years for Americans to match what the Russians are doing in terms of volume and consistency of supply. Distributors will ultimately decide whether or not domestic 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 production begins, not shooters. Shooters have little say in the matter.
>>
>>34665417
...yes
There needs to be a steady supply of brass to remanufacture in the first place. We can do that with 9mm, .308 and 5.56 because those are standard rounds being used here. Just sweep up the brass at the police and military ranges, and ship it off to get remade.
You cant do that with slavshit.
>>
File: IMG_20170527_144048240_HDR.jpg (2MB, 1470x2418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_144048240_HDR.jpg
2MB, 1470x2418px
There are a lot of guns other than ARs and Glocks out there, and plenty in the poorfag range. Maybe one ironic plus of living in California is that the shelves of gun shops aren't flooded with ARs, so we have a wider variety of stuff to look at. Go get a cheapie Maverick 88, or a Savage Axis, or do what I did and get a black powder gun just for fun (not every gun needs to sit in your closet waiting for the RAHOWA to start). Pic related is my CVA Wolf, which shipped straight to my door from Bud's Gun Shop for $169. I spent another $100 on the scope, but you could buy the version with iron sights and do just fine. There's lots of interesting stuff out there to get, anon.
>>
>>34665028
ARs for intro and most shooters, everything else for collectors. That's how it's going to stay because people want cheap guns and like the customization an AR offers.
>>
>>34665324
>Forged trunnion
>Forged BCG
>Chrome-lined barrel

Those parts dont matter if the extractor dies after 500 rounds, or if the sight blocks aren't properly aligned at the factory, or if there is a double handguard retainer cut.
ask DDI how "quality" their trinity rifle was, what problems did PSA have?
>>
>>34665190
get ak
>>
I'm barely hasguns, so I'm just wondering if there is any .22 out there yet so I can buy a .22
>>
File: sandy_hook_false_flag.jpg (58KB, 540x401px) Image search: [Google]
sandy_hook_false_flag.jpg
58KB, 540x401px
>>34669318
Yeah, the post-Sandy Hoax .22 shortage is pretty much over. Prices might not ever be the same, but it's available and not *too* spendy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.