[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.17/50

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Is this real?

It probably isn't, but what were to happen if it were shot out of a gun which was chambered for it?
>>
gotta go fast
>>
>>34664178
Barely any propellant would have burned in the barrel, causing a huge fucking boom at the muzzle and large fireball
>>
>>34664178
Other than needing a barrel with a wall thickness on par with that of a 16" naval gun, you'd probably just end up vaporizing the bullet and end up with something that shoots inaccurate jets of lead plasma at its targets.

The barrel would also have to be something like 10' long to effectively turn all that powder into muzzle velocity.
>>
All the rounds like that are build by hobbyists, none are ever fired or have been fired.
>>
>>34664199
Checked,also made me spit out coffee
>>34664277
also checked
>>
>>34664283
That sounds fucking awesome
>>
You'd get just about one shot before your barrel was ruined.

So I guess enjoy blasting your one red-hot hypersonic needle for about $10k and then throw out the gun when you're done
>>
>>34664283
What if you made it a solid tungsten slug?

Honestly OP I've considered this before and that was pretty much the only solution I could think of. Oh and the chamber pressures would be insane
>>
There are rich retired gunsmiths who screw around with absurdly small calibers for giggles, shit like .14 and .11. It's apparently like shooting a laser, there's no recoil at all and the hole immediately appears in the target right at the point of aim. So long as there isn't even a slight breeze lol because the bullets are like 3 grains.

For reference a .14 Squirrel barrel can handle something like 100 shots before needing replacement so these things are strictly rich old guy toys.
>>
>>34664369
>What if you made it a solid tungsten slug?

Good luck with that. Now, you have a horrifically expensive 8" x 10' cold hammer-forged steel rod that's been bored and rifled to .17 and fitted with a locking breech assembly built to roughly the same specs as something off of a 155mm howitzer, that will be garbage after barely a few dozen shots because of the tungsten obliterating the barrel bore like a hot knife through butter.
>>
>>34664518
why not make everything of tungsten?
>>
>>34665808

the laws of physics.
>>
>>34664518
what if you didn't rifle it
and you put some fins on tungsten round
>>
>>34665831
The laws of physics do not prevent you from making everything out of tungsten.
>>
>>34665808

Why not develop a process for diamond-on-steel electrolytic plating, then line the inside of the barrel with it?
>>
>>34665850
Its the physics of laws that prevents you
>>
>>34666200
It's the laws physique that prevents him from doing so.
>>
>>34666352
turns out his hands were too chubby to operate correctly the machine

>/k/ a problem solving place
>>
>>34664178
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34665850
That'd cost a ridiculous amount, and the bullet would still eat rifling like a normal bullet sent down an internally copper-plated lead barrel.
>>
File: 223-WSSM-KJG-Photo.jpg (94KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
223-WSSM-KJG-Photo.jpg
94KB, 640x477px
Reminds me of this
>>
File: poa2.jpg (35KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
poa2.jpg
35KB, 640x391px
>>34664290
at least one has
>>
>>34664178
>what would happen if
Retarded shit, that's what
>>
>>34664277
Well that's why you get a super long barrel
>>
>>34666719
Ringing noise
Go away
Go away
Or I might kill myself today
>>
>>34664178
They are real.

So is this one: bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2017/04/17-incinerator-ultimate-varmint-cartridge-with-mach-5-speed/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.