[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lefty Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
Finally got my license and thinking of getting myself a rifle. Problem is my left eye is dominant, and I have a lazy right eye so even trying to go right handed is out of the question. My friend says left handed weapons are rare and expensive, but firing a right handed ar left handed will cause brass to hit me in the face. Is what my friend said true, and if so how can I deal with this?
>>
>>34663819
Most will direct the shells away from you unless you buy a bullpup but even those will mostly do the same, just closer to you but seeing brass fly by your face will become something you have to get used to
>>
>>34663819
Some bullpups are ambidextrous. What country you in?
>>
>>34663825
Laugh at me now... Canada
>>
>>34663822
I've also been told that the brass will most likely hit the arm while firing left handed. Also, the brass comes out hot. Is that true too? I guess I'll have to just wear long sleeved shirts.
>>
>>34663819
to the gas chamber with you leftie scum
>>
>>34663868
Lefties dont like guns my friend
>>
File: urbcgl-sc15-webmain.jpg (49KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
urbcgl-sc15-webmain.jpg
49KB, 1200x783px
>>34663819

There are side charging uppers which have ejection ports on the left side. The original idea is that a righty can use their support hand, rather than their trigger hand, to charge the rifle. However, it's also a great option for lefties, and, if you live under odd gun laws, you can simply plug the gas port and have a "bolt action" AR with all the cool evil looking toys.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/left-handed-assemblies/bca-branded-ar-15-left-handed-side-charging-upper-receiver-bcg-combo-5-56-223-urbcgl-sc15
>>
>>34663912
I believe semi-autos are legal, just the auto option is capped or removed from the weapon. Also, government has some weird hate for aks or ak-esque weapons. Anyways, is attaching something like that going to mean going to a gun smith for or am I able to do it myself?
>>
>>34663968
Well, if Canada let's you build your own, it's something you could do at home with AR specific tools (there's a wrench for it) and a torque wrench. If they let you buy an assembled upper receiver, you could also go that route. I'm afraid I don't know what's available in Canada, but I hope this at least points you towards something you can search for.
>>
>>34664008
It's going to take some research to see if that kinda modification is allowed but it shouldn't illegal. After all, its not like I'm enabling is auto-fire mode or attaching a foldable stock. If it isn't allowed, brass ejections shouldn't be an issue for a left-handed like me right?
>>
>>34663819
Get a brass deflector or brass catch.
>>
I'm left handed but I just learned I was right eye dominant, after blowing $700 on a fucking lefty Tikka. I would offer it to you but I'm in the states.
>>
>>34664112
Yeah I might just get a brass deflector. Seems really easy to put on and I'll get myself a sks with video on how to attach one. Thanks.
>>
>>34663819
>how can I deal with this?

forget your future as a rifle shooter

even handgun shooting will be difficult

so just be a photographer or something
>>
The only thing a lefty will ever have issue with is a scoped bolt action. All major bullpups are convertible these days.
>>
>>34664224
What's the problem with scoped bolt action other than cross bolting.
>>
>>34663819
I got the same eye situation and I just shoot left handed. I think AKs are even better to manipulate as a lefty. Atleast with AKs the flying brass doesn't bother you.

Also do you think that you can catch stuff better with your left hand? I used to think that it was weird that I sometimes missed sure balls with my right hand and catched hard throws with my "weaker" hand.
>>
>>34664272
Normally a lefty reached over the top to work a right handed bolt. When you put a scope in the way it's hard to do without breaking your shoulder weld.
>>
>>34664289
And you can shoot right handed if you close your left eye but this strains your facial muscles and fucks with aiming. It's the same as right handed shooter would try to aim as a lefty.

With a long term eyepatch training you could become kinda right eye dominant in aiming situations if you would want to.
If you are bored you can do this even at home with gun unloaded of course or use some toy gun. Even in few weeks you can start too see differences.
>>
>>34664289
I write and catch with my left hand. Funny though, in soccer I kick with my right leg, and play hockey right handed. Its a weird combination.
>>
>>34664142
It doesn't fucking matter when you close one eye. I'm left eye dominant and I just use my right eye with scopes.
>>
It literally doesn't matter.
If you're closing one eye to see through a scope, dominance doesn't matter, use the same eye as your dominant hand.
You can also use a red dot and keep both eyes open, it's parallax free.

The only situation where dominance matters is trying to use iron sights with both eyes open.

t. Extremely left eye dominant but right handed
>>
>>34663819
Just shoot them left handed, it's not fucking hard.
>>
>>34664526
No, it actually does, and you're retarded.

Plus I have this stupid thing with my eye where I can close my left eye comfortably but to even focus on anything using just my left eye I have to squint as much as possible with my right, it gives me a headache everytime I go out to the range
>>
>>34664598
Why are you so damned condescending in every one of your posts, I don't like you stupid tripfag
Fuck off
>>
>>34663851
Get a vz58. I'm left handed and it's arguably the most lefty friendly rifle that is right handed
>>
>>34663819
I'm a lefty and I bought a right handed AR, it's been just fine. Plus most of the new ones have brass deflectors pre installed
>>
File: burn.jpg (24KB, 371x407px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
24KB, 371x407px
>>34663867
it does, but it should be fine as long as it doesn't maintain contact with your skin
>>
Ejection pattern on a Sig 55X will never be an issue for a lefty.
Vz58 should be fine too, though the safety might be annoying and you probably should get the extended mag release paddle.

A lot of guns are quite lefty friendly, especially the AK style ones (though you can't have those in Canada iirc).
Some bullpups are no-go without conversion kits.

Should be plenty of choices open to you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.