[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CZ-75/1911 slide stop problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: CZ-75-2.jpg (15KB, 806x568px) Image search: [Google]
CZ-75-2.jpg
15KB, 806x568px
I went to shoot a few different guns the other day and I really liked the CZ and 1911 but the problem is that I have small hands and my thumb couldn't reach the slide stop. Does that mean I will never be able to shoot these guns? Or am I supposed to operate the slide stop with my other hand?
>>
>>34663120
You can just slingshot the slide, man.
Your concern is irrelevant.
>>
Either stop being a handlet or get an extended slide release. If you're right handed you should use your weak hand thumb to actuate it while rolling up the grip after slamming the magazine home, but I doubt you're actually practicing that kind of competition reload.
>>
>>34663161
The only problem I have with slingshotting is that it eats a quarter to a half-second over the release switch but I sincerely doubt OP actually shoots competitively so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>34663161
Yeah I know that but what if I just want to keep the action opened? It's super awkward to do it. The range instructor said that it would be better for me to use a glock 19 or a P226. The ergos were better for me but I prefered the CZ and 1911
>>
Well when i lock the action open, I move my trigger control hand so that my first index knuckle is under the beaver tail and my fingers are wrapped around the right side of the grip and my palm is on the left side. Then my thumb is in a perfect position to push the slide release button up. It's not that hard and I have small hands.
>>
>>34663221
you dont have to keep your hands on the grip when you actuate the slide stop. just turn your hand so your thumb reaches, its not like you need to reach the trigger if your locking the slide.
>>
>>34663323
also i'm a lefty so i have to do all kinds of extra shit anyway like changing hands. its not really as big a deal as you think it is.
>>
Ok good, I will keep your advice in mind. Also, what are all the CZ-75 models/tiers?
>>
>>34663120
If you're a high-speed low-drag operator looking for advice then id recommend the glock or sig. I'd also recommend that you put it in your mouth and try suck starting it.

OTOH if you mostly want a gun that's fun to shoot and might be used for SD some day then the CZ and 1911 should be fine choices. Just use your off hand to release the slide(or slingshot it). FYI since youre new ill also say that both designs are a little older and tend to be a little finickier than glocks/sigs, the 1911 particularly so. Not saying that you shouldn't get one but just be aware that you should keep a bit of an eye on them, and getting educated on what to look for in a particular design is never a bad idea.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.