[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no gunz stories of becoming gun owners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1500957564127.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500957564127.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
I'm interested into people that actually live in a country with shitty gun laws and somehow managed to get into guns. Was it worth it? Ever Considered to move to another country with more freedom?
>>
>>34660350
were 2 cop?
>>
>>34660350
I live in New York, does that count?
>>
File: cozy.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cozy.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>34660350
Chile here, and yeah, worth it, despite shit laws
>>
>>34660387
How difficult it was? And where you use your gun? If it's anything like here you can only have it at home for defense or use it for hunting which is very expensive
>>
>>34660350
Link for the mosin pillow?
>>
>>34661226
>How difficult it was?
retarded amounts of liscensing for guns and ammo, but i can more or less go anywhere with them
>>
Norwegian here.
>been interested in guns since forever
>never done much about it
>suddenly find myself in some kind of control over my situation and six black digits in my bank account
>decide to get a gun
>quickest way is to take a hunting course
>call the local hunter's union rep and ask him if there are any courses planned in the near future
>nope, not enough interest to get instructors to come out here in the boonies
>a couple weeks pass
>see a course offered in the nearest city
>sign up
>travel back and forth between home and the city to take the course
>pass the exam
>buy my first rifle
If I were to count the work hours lost plus transport and accommodation costs, I reckon I spent in the range of 25 000 Norwegian kroner for the course. Still worth it.
>>
>>34660350
>someone makes a body pillow of a lever-action
>the lewd side is the action all open
>>
>>34661306
>Can't tell the difference between a Mosin and a Mauser.
Lurk until you deserve guns, scrub.
>>
>>34661846
What kind of gun did you buy? What kinds are you allowed to own?

>>34663500
>lever action
You ok buddy?
>>
File: 88mTvsA.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
88mTvsA.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
>>34663943
Not that anon but technically the bolt is a lever.... so he's not.... completely.... you know what never mind.

Pic related my new Henry Goldenboy 30-30x57mm.
>>
>>34663962
Sick photo.
>>
File: oxJHP8T.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
oxJHP8T.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>34663971
Thanks anon, have a part 2
Yugo m24, there was a sale on them online, I don't expect to see them as low as 200 shipped ever again in my lifetime.
>>
I'm still a nogunz, but I plan to get into guns by getting a BP cartridge rifle first, since those aren't classified as firearms, then I'll probably sign up for a shooting club, which will give me a legit enough reason to present to the police when I try to get my license.
>>
>>34663943
I bought a Weatherby Vanguard in .308 with a Zeiss Conquest DL 3-12x50 scope, and am waiting for a Marlin 1895 SBL and an Aimpoint Micro H-2 in the mail any day now. Once that shows up, it's either a Franchi Affinity or a Sako Quad, depending on what I feel like. At some point I'll probably be picking up a Vepr Super in .223. The endgame goal is to begin hoarding big bore rifles for no other reason than them being cool. A Martini-Henry is also in the planning, but I'd need to get used to, not to mention begin, reloading first. That'll likely be shortly after I get the Marlin - regular calibres aren't too expensive to shoot (223, 6,5x55, 308, 30-06, 9.3x62), but the cheapest .45-70 I can find costs ~23 Norwegian a pop.
>what weapons can I own
Manual action long guns, there's really no restrictions apart from no .50 BMG, no box magazine fed shotguns, no pistol grips on shotguns and minimum barrel length. Semi auto shotguns are cool. Semi auto rimfire rifles are generally also cool. Suppressors are available everywhere and require no permits or nothing.
There's a list of semi auto rifles approved by the police - one list for sporting (IPSC) use and one for hunting use. I can only pick from the latter list.
I can't get handguns unless I join a pistol club and practice regularly with them for minimum six months. Once I finish buying all these long guns, I guess I'll begin travelling back and forth like a mong and get the country's most expensive pistol. A Manurhin MR-73 is high on my wish list for that, whenever it happens.
It might seem very strict, but once you get used to the different gun culture, it's really not too bad as long as you're in it for the shooting rather than the gear fetishism - I just came back from busting some clays at the range with my father's old Baikal single barrel shotgun and had a ball.
That is of course not to say I'm not jealous of US gun laws.
>>
>>34665532
Hey, at the absolute very least, at least you can shoot clays. That's one of the most fun shooting related things you can do. Even if you decide to stop going deeper into the gun rabbit hole you're able to shoot clays, and just for simple enjoyment while honing skills you can't get much more fun than that.
>>
>grew up in based Vermont
> Constitutional carry before ccw permits were even a thing else where
> neighbor had a shit load of NFA items, mostly WWII stuff.
> got to shoot Thompson, mp40, mg42, and even an M2 mounted on back of a Willys Jeep.

>Now I live in Canada.

There's other reasons I moved up here, but fuck me the gun laws suck a giant cock.
>>
>>34663943
lever action, one of 7 different types of actions (most commonly found) used in firearms

Along with revolving, bolt, semi-automatic, break, pump, and automatic (this covers burst as well) actions.
>>
>>34660350
Here's a real tale
>Live in commiefornia
>Moved out to a less shit gun state
>Bought guns
Hold your applause please
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.