[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 20170725_211322.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170725_211322.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hello /k/ I've got a serious question for gunlaw fags need help asap. So I'm 18 and a guy my mom use to help with bills,food,and other nefarious things (26ish)(very mentally unstable) "recovering heroin user" well his father gave him a double barrel shotgun long while ago. Well heroin user use to threaten suicide a lot and was very mentally unstable. Keep in mind he is no longer aloud here he had a big fallout with mom but he left his gun here. How can I at MOST legally claim ownership of his gun without his consent? Indiana btw
>>
it's not like guns have papers or registration. just take it. wew now it's yours! it's no different than had he left an xbox or horse dildo collection.
>>
>>34658887
And that's the thread. Good stuff.
>>
Better you have it than him

Finders keeper law
>>
It's always a good idea to steal from a very mentally unstable heroin addict. OP is a genius
>>
Wait about a year and then sell it.
After a year he will have forgotten about it or just assumed he sold it.
Sell it or hide it away, because if he sees it he will want it back, and you obviously dont want him armed.
>>
Thank you cunts for the advice. Since I have no clue who's name it's under I was wondering if I could try and put it in my name. If it's stolen I do not want the backlash.
>>
>>34659209
you can't "put it in your name" unless you buy it from an ffl. The last name will be from when it was bought from an ffl. So it may have been sold 20 times and if some chuckle fuck holds up a gas station with it the only name that my be on it will be the guy that bought it 10 years ago.

so if you really want to put it in your name you'll have to sell it to an ffl and then buy it back. When you buy it back they'll do a background check and it'll essentially be in your name. a few of problems though. 1. The ffl could run the serial number with the local police to cover their ass and if it does turn up stolen you could loose the firearm. 2. An enterprising ffl could try to fuck you by jacking up the price when he goes to sell it back to you. 3. the ffl probably wont want to do that to begin with.

just keep it and don't do anything stupid with it like butt striking your significant other with it.
>>
>>34659209
It is not "under a name" any more than a couch or a lamp are. It is not a car.

No documentation=no proof of ownership

Stop complicating things.
>>
Thank you for your replies fellas. I'm just wanting to cover any angles here. My mom is a very stupid bitch and wants to return the gun back to his family. I almost took it upon myself to turn the gun into the police but I recently cleaned it and I think it's a nice gun. Seems more for show rather than shooting.
>>
>>34659481
Whats the brand/model? should be somewhere on the barrel
>>
>>34659508
Not to be that guy but I have work tomorrow so I'm in bed and the gun is in another room in a safe. But I recall the bottom in front of the trigger saying "russian" in English and there was a star
>>
File: 009_edited-237.jpg (192KB, 900x510px) Image search: [Google]
009_edited-237.jpg
192KB, 900x510px
Russian Baikal looks just like it
>>
>>34659481
You can always file off any numbers on it so your mom can't sell it or track it to anyone.
>>
>>34659481
your mother has the final say on what stays in her household. tell her you want to keep it and that giving it back to the family won't do the crack head any favors since he'll have easier access to it.

if you want to cover your ass with paper then sell it to a friend and buy it back some time later. when you buy it back do a bill of sale and you'll have something that says you bought it from some dude and it has nothing to do with the crackhead.
>>
D.C. and Hawaii are the only states that require firearm registration. New York requires registration of handguns. California and Maryland require new residents to report firearms. Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Vermont have all prohibited a registry of firearms.

As already mentioned, the FFL transfers are really the only "paper trail" involved in most guns, NFA items are a different story obviously. In your case unless you are in D.C. or Hawaii just keep it if you feel that is the right thing to do. Some could argue theft but if you believe based on this persons history he is a danger to others owning it I would probably do the same, though technically you would still be stealing it from him if you refuse to give it back if he asks for it. I'd just put it away and hope it doesn't come up, and better yet try to disassociate from people like that. Tweakers and shit are nothing but trouble, don't let kindness blind you these people will drag you down, try your best to help your parents understand this as well.
>>
Holy shit the thread hasn't 404'd. Thanks for the advice. I have an update. He claims he is on saboxin to help his addiction and he has asked my mom for his gun back. She refused to drive it to him (30mins away) so she is leaving it in one of our junk cars for him to come claim when he wants. God damn my mom is stupid. But he clairs he wants to pawn it
>>
>>34662504
Claims*
>>
>>34658730

http://smartgunlaws.org/private-sales-in-indiana/

>Indiana has no law requiring a background check on the purchaser of a firearm when the seller is not a licensed dealer.
>>
>>34662504
That shit is gone forever if he gets it. Nothing worse than a man selling heirlooms. Make him a offer. Tell him that a pawn shop wont take shit for it and offer to trade him something for it. Or offer to buy for 100$.

and then tell your mom he sold it to you.
>>
>>34658730

If he can not prove its his, its yours. Possession is nine tenths of the law, and im pretty sure that the rest of it is superior firepower, which you appear to have now, as the owner of a double barrel shotgun. Whats he gonna do, shoot you?
>>
>>34662567
>Whats he gonna do, shoot you?

Nigger he might. If you stole from me that blatantly, you'd be lucky if I just lit your house on fire - and he's not stealing from me, he's stealing from a crackhead that wants to pawn it for his next fix.
>>
>>34662504
>Holy shit the thread hasn't 404'd. Thanks for the advice. I have an update. He claims he is on saboxin to help his addiction and he has asked my mom for his gun back. She refused to drive it to him (30mins away) so she is leaving it in one of our junk cars for him to come claim when he wants. God damn my mom is stupid. But he clairs he wants to pawn it

OK.

Then the order of operations is:

1) Check with your mom - if you're living in her home, she gets to decide if you're allowed to have a firearm. I know that sucks but that's how it works.

2) If your mom is cool with it, check with him - if he's gonna pawn it, he's not gonna make much money off it. Ask if he's willing to sell it to you instead of the pawn store. You can call the pawn store together and ask what they'll give for a shotgun, then offer him the same price and spare him the ride.

3) There's no paperwork involved after that, you can just transfer the firearm.
>>
>>34658730
>How do I legally claim ownership
What, are you planning to use it for home defense?
If anyone asks just say [insert dead relative here] gave it to you.
>>
>>34659583
I assume this is a facetious response...but FYI anon, do NOT do this.
>>
>>34658730
you can't. if anyone is entitled to it - it is your mom.
>>
>>34662543
This will likely work. Small investment and he would really want the money to buy heroine.
>>
If he's a "former" heroin addict, there are pretty good odds he has a felony conviction. Meaning he won't be able to pawn it, or even possess it legally. Of course, if your mom is being shitty about it you could certainly tell her that putting him back in possession of it is a felony on her part. You have a bit of an upper hand if you want the gun, he knows he can't pawn it but might be able to possess it illegally long enough to sell it to someone else. He does NOT want it for any other purpose. Offer him $100, write the gun's serial number on a receipt and have him sign it (asshole is otherwise likely to claim he never sold it to you) or just leave it alone and get yourself another gun.

I sure as fuck wouldn't be dealing with some felon drug addict with shit involving a gun and cash, ever. It's shit like this that ends up putting guns in hands they don't belong and giving the anti-2A folks shit to bitch about.
>>
>>34658730
Cut the barrel and stock down and use it for revenge murders or vigilante justice.
>>
>>34662766
honor killings*
>>
File: PicsArt_07-23-11.04.32.jpg (360KB, 820x1276px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_07-23-11.04.32.jpg
360KB, 820x1276px
Good deal. I'm gonna give the pawnshop a call. Im honestly struggling with cash right now but I would like to keep the gun just to have. I kinda view it like having some kind of asset. I recently applied for my carry permit. I own the following guns: smith and wesson m&p 40 shield, A western auto sales revalation 105 .22, Remington 870 12g, H&R sportsman 999 .22, and an ATI/chiappa conversion Ar15 .22
I literally started my gun and ammo collection last year when I was 17. I recently turned 18 as of July 13th.
I got into guns after I stopped spending all my money on weed. I realise I hate the people I once called friends. <unrelated
>>
>>34658730
just bring it to a police buy back, if was used in a crime it will be useful to them. if it wasn't you got your self $50 spending bucks, then buy a better shotgun.
>>
>>34658730
>. How can I at MOST legally claim ownership of his gun without his consent?

Its his property. You are a thieving fuck. Further if he was a junkie as you claim he would have already pawned it. So you are just a self appointed turd and a criminal who wants to steal something.
>>
>>34664473
Fuck you bix nood
>>
>>34658984
I mean, shit.. he has his gun. Most of the threat is gone
>>
>>34662845
I like both :)
But in all seriousness, especially at a high school age it's really easy to blow tons of money on that shit
>>
>>34665226
Turning this into a feel bad for me thread..
School I went to expelled me twice once freshman year and then sophomore. I was never physically aggressive 'good and white' kid. Vice principal had a secret hate for me. There is so much hate I wish I could express but it won't get me anywhere. Anyway. Got my ged one month after sophomore expulsion and started working right away. I own my own car. I've owned 2 motorcycles sold my first bike for the m&p shield and now am investing for possible retirement. I'm mentally burdened by the people I once called friends because they still haven't grown up.
>>
OP if the shotgun has serial numbers check if it's stolen.
If it's not, buy it from the crackhead but have him sign a bill of sale stating that as far as he knows it's not stolen.

Older guns (pre 1968) often don't have serial numbers. In that case get a BoS anyway to CYA, but don't bother checking shit. If it had serial numbers that were removed it's illegal to possess no matter what.
>>
>>34666103
Bills of sale hold no legal weight.

Transfer it through an FFL if you are so goddamn afraid of it being stolen.

Op. you are your "idiot" mothers child. your room looks like shit. Your bed is unmade, your shoes are a trip hazzard and your clothes aren't folded. you need to consider how the shitty people that are in your life are affecting you.
>>
>>34666522
Cunt. I do not like the people I live with but unlike you where you're parents have left you with that car they bought you new when you turned 16 and that decent sum of cash to help pay your bills I don't have that break.
>>
On the bright side: if it *has* been used in a crime, it is highly unlikely that the ballistics will be matched to that specific weapon. No lands and grooves. Even if slugs were used, its highly unlikely to be traced back to a specific crime.
>>
>>34666625
>my life sucks so I have to live like the degenerate I am
He just to you to pick up after yourself you greasy faggot
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.