[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manual safeties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 28587002234_ce55d6e74b_o.jpg (108KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
28587002234_ce55d6e74b_o.jpg
108KB, 960x540px
Are they still relevant?
>>
>>34656060

I like having one on my carry weapon and the one I go to sleep with. Gives me some extra peace of mind when I have a round chambered.

This is especially true at night since I keep my handgun under the pillow next to me.
>>
>>34656060
On a gun with a particularly light and short trigger I would say yes, try are relevant.
At what point you feel like a gun has a trigger pull that necessitates a manual safety is really up to you.
Hell it's all just preferences and opinion anyway.
>>
>>34656167
But if you're talking stupidly light triggers, it surely isn't the type of gun you keep loaded and at the ready? More of a target pistol?
>>
>>34656206
That's up to you to decide.
Some people will say that 4 pounds is too light, some say that 5 pounds is too light.
I like 4.5 to 5 with a very short take up and a crisp break. I wouldn't carry that trigger without a safety.
But it's all in your preference, there is no science or data behind any of the crap you hear about how heavy or light a carry gun trigger should be, the best you get is an appeal to authority where folks quote guys like massad ayoob or larry snickers.
I think the only hard limit to a light trigger that would be unsafe is that it should be drop safe. So something like one of those Olympic target pistols with triggers measured in grams is not a good idea, but that merely my perspective and opinion.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.