[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT'S ON SON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: Screenshot_20170725-120147_01.png (58KB, 1080x372px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-120147_01.png
58KB, 1080x372px
DC CIRCUIT COURT HOLDS 2A PROTECTS PUBLIC CARRY OF FIREARMS WITHOUT "GOOD REASON".

www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/25/appeals-court-blocks-dcs-concealed-carry-law-on-second-amendment-grounds.html
>>
>>34655242
http://archive.is/RuHX1
>>
>>34655242
Well, judges in DC caring what the laws say? I'm absolutely shocked!
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (236KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
236KB, 750x1000px
>>34655242
>>
Full decision:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/firearmspolicycoalition/pages/3142/attachments/original/1500994681/wrenn-v-dc-opinion.pdf?1500994681

Also note; the DC circuit judges require a majority of judges to hear a case en banc. They also refused to review the Heller and Parker decisions when they were at the Circuit level. Meaning an en banc decision is unlikely.
>>
File: 1452245189299-3.jpg (40KB, 455x650px) Image search: [Google]
1452245189299-3.jpg
40KB, 455x650px
E B I N
B
I
N
>>
>>34655326

>Meaning an en banc decision is unlikely.
Yes, silly me. Never mind.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>34655379

what do you mean, a refusal of to hear the case en banc means the decision stands, that's a good thing
>>
>>34655393
It's a pretty controversial thing so they might want to hear it regardless
>>
>>34655393

Right, but I'm assuming they'll make an exception in this case and overturn the decision. I want clear about that.
>>
>>34655502

>I want clear about that
wasn't
>>
>>34655242
Have fun getting killed by DC police.
>>
>>34655242
Fuck yea, congrats DC ppl.
>>
getting the cops to actually read and adapt to the decision is another matter. Open carry was legal in my state but the cops still harrassed and arrested people for open carry for 3 years after until one of them got fired for being such a shit about it.
>>
>>34655533

To be clear, this is much bigger than DC. If the circuit court declines to hear the case en banc and the decision holds, there will at that point be disunity at the federal judiciary level about the constitutional limit on the right to bear arms. Which means the case will essentially have to go to the Supreme Court.
>>
>>34655533
Fo sho. I think some DC court case is the only reason handguns became legal in Chicago.
>>
Wow this is a great way to start my day. Good luck all the way up.
>>
>>34655826

McDonald v. Chicago
>>
>>34655242
Wake me up when they reschedule the share act hearing.
>>
>>34655970
I just read all about that case, so can you legally own guns in Chicago without registration now then?
>>
>>34656675

Chicago v. Mcdonald is an extension of Heller v. DC. Heller ruled that the 2nd amendment gives the people the right to own weapons in common use in the home without disassembly. DC banned handguns and required other guns to be inoperably disassembled. But since the case was a ruling on the federal land we know as Washington DC it did not extend out to the states. The city of Chicago had a very similar ordinance as in Heller. The Supreme Court ruled that the states are bound to the limitations of the Bill of Rights by way of the 14th amendment, and therefor may not violate 2nd amendment rights. So Chicago(including other cities and states) may not ban weapons in common use(handguns) or require them to be inoperable to own.

Recent cases out of Maryland directly contradict these rulings by allowing the ban on the AR15 to stand(despite the AR15 being the iPhone of the American firearm community) and the Supreme Court has been squeemish about taking up more 2nd amendment cases. Many speculate this is because Kennedy changed his mind after Sandy Hook propoganda. So we likely need one leftist justice to die or retire to get another 2nd amendment case heard.
>>
>>34656772
Oh well!
>>
>>34655242
>DC CIRCUIT COURT HOLDS 2A PROTECTS PUBLIC CARRY OF FIREARMS WITHOUT "GOOD REASON".
>
>www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/25/appeals-court-blocks-dcs-concealed-carry-law-on-second-amendment-grounds.html

BRING IT TO NEW JERSEY!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZr7XkFZJcw
>>
>>34657053

Only if the Supreme Court grants cert and affirms the current decision, the DC Circuit Court only affects DC
>>
>>34657069

kekalek
>>
>>34656772
I wonder how many voodoo curses Ginsburg has had put on her since the court declined to hear Peruta v San Diego.
>>
>>34657494

Voodoo is what's keeping her alive anon.
>>
File: IMG_0044.jpg (166KB, 640x1045px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
166KB, 640x1045px
What does this mean for CA and Roger "SHALL" Benitez?
>>
>>34657494

Not enough, if that cunt had died by now my sheriff would have been reemed in court by now
>>
>>34659408
>illuminaughty
>>
>>34660052

The Wrenn case? Nothing yet until we get the en banc situation sorted out, more circuit splits means higher odds of having cert granted for CCW cases so let's hope it doesn't get overturned

For your pic, it's a block until the 9th circuit eventually takes the case up and overturn it, nothing good will happen there until Trump gets one more justice to absolutely destroy California's anti gun laws
>>
Please let Maryland be next
tfw never
>>
File: 1416476893946.jpg (22KB, 429x645px) Image search: [Google]
1416476893946.jpg
22KB, 429x645px
>>34655242
>Even w/o a good reason
>>
>>34657069
fukkin lol
>>
>>34655292
FUCK TRUMP! spineless fat orange pig is nothing but a dumb fascist selling out America to Russia.
>>
>>34660324
Kys
>>
>>34660324
>>34660480
Why do people respond to even the lowest effort, stupidest fucking bait?
Jesus fucking christ, Reddit really did invade last year.
>>
>>34655718
People skimmed by this post but he's 100% correct. Word needs to be passed down to local authorities when shit like this changes. Cops will be on edge regardless but they should at least know what the hell is going on.
>>
>>34655718
>>34660510
>>34660510

I agree, but I don't know if there's anything more to be said.

I don't like drawing attention to myself, so I carry concealed anyway.
>>
File: drmpf.png (437KB, 1327x1370px) Image search: [Google]
drmpf.png
437KB, 1327x1370px
>>34660480
>>34660500
how can you support the worst and most corrupt president in history?
>>
>>34657093
yeah unfortunately in this case the DC circuit is only DC, not multiple states like the other court circuits
>>
File: 1468966125323.png (1MB, 497x576px) Image search: [Google]
1468966125323.png
1MB, 497x576px
>>34655242
>without a good reason
What the fuck does he think people in DC are? Precognitive or some shit?
>>
>>34660239
He quoted the wording of the actual law:
>>
>>34657069
>Focus on his interest in firearms
>Not scenes where he is clearly being bullied by other students, like knocking his headphones off his head as he's standing in front of his locker
>>
>>34660148
Its funny how the appeal process taking forever would actually be a GOOD thing for its prospects in the Supreme Court.

We REALLY need Ginsburg to retire/die, Kennedy to call it quits, and mayber Breyer somehow (more likely in a Trump/republican 2nd term). To fully lock down our majority for all future 2nd amendment cases, and potentially several additional appeal courts too that we could hopefully flip.
>>
>>34660764

I'm just happy the video was about managing causes rather than grabbing guns.
>>
>>34661231
Sure, but the treatment these people get from the general public certainly plays a significant role in their choices.

Story time:
>Be in elementary school
>Teacher hands every student a sheet with a bunch of questions on them relating to preferences of activities and the like
>Tells us all that there are "no wrong answers" before we begin
>Each column of answers awarded a point value and more points meant you were more extroverted and fewer points meant you were more introverted
>She didn't tell us that this is what it was for
>Instead, she has everyone above the 50% mark (All but four students) raise their hands and tells the class that they are extroverts, meaning that they are more sociable
>Then, she has everyone below that cutoff raise their hands
>"These people are introverts and are the ones who grow up to be school shooters"
>WAT.PNG
>>
>>34655718
cops will never tolerate other non cops carrying guns
>>
>>34660764
So taking another persons life is justified? Please anon tell me more. Infact you can drop me a line personally at [email protected]
>>
>>34661395
I'm tired of people treating introverts or people who like guns like ticking time bombs. These kids either had no support network or it fucking failed them miserably to the point where that seemed like the best course of action for them. If you're saying "look out for people who are planning school shootings!" you're still not targeting the actual reason that they even consider doing that shit.
>>
>>34661388

This. They are absolutely not on our side.
>>
File: 576436364636.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
576436364636.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>34661432
Well haha i mean I came into this conversation late. Wouldn't it be an indicator if someone being abused was interested in firearms?.. Some kids are just fucked up and if it means calling out some 'would be' /k/ommando then by at means...

I'd rather stop someone from becoming another statistic than becoming a braindead idiot. Now take your mosin meme medicine.

The nice thing about being anon is that I don't need your validation for my opinions... Good luck.

Introvert
a shy, reticent person.
-1. Reticent
not revealing one's thoughts or feelings readily.
>someone who disguises what they mean to influence other people

You guys are sociopaths as soon as you start to talk about how your feelings have merit on others. IF anything; worse than tumblrtards.

Posters like this are literally retarded.
>>
>>34661469
But that's still just punishing the kid who is being bullied.
Do you blame a woman for getting gang-raped in an alley on her way to work because she had more than her eyes showing?

>>34661469
>to influence other people
Introverts just like quiet, alone time to read or do other things that interest them. Why do you immediately assume it's to fuck someone else over?

Or are you the kind of person who can't handle more than 5 seconds without conversation? My entire family is introverted and we would, on a regular basis, be in the same room reading our books of choice. WHOA! SUPER MANIPULATIVE!
>>
>>34661395
Assault is not justified, people committing it should be punished by law for the societies safety.
>>
>>34655718
I guarantee you that the arrests in most of them were probably for reasons other than OC.
Were they targeted -for- OC? I wouldn't doubt it, but honestly, what I see in videos of OCers, is that a whole lot of them really just go looking for trouble, and act surprised when it finds them.
No OC in my state anyway, so I can't really comment.

>>34660510
>>34661388
>>34661467
People with CCWs are just about the last thing in my mind. Having a CCW permit is pretty much an automatic guarantee that somebody is
>Non-Violent
>Not a Felon
>Doesn't get into stupid domestic offenses
>Not liable to do anything retarded
>Will possibly help me out if I'm rolling on the ground with a perp

Working in one of the most deep blue cities in the country, I can tell you that the lion's share of my co-workers are thoroughly pro-gun, and a significant portion of them believe in the right for you, law-abiding Joe Schmoe, to carry a gun.
I can only think of two cops I work with who actually take any real pro-gun control stances beyond "Background checks are good"
>>
File: I do not have a boner.gif (424KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
I do not have a boner.gif
424KB, 512x512px
>>34655242
>2A put in place to prevent government from becoming oppressive
>law makers want to make it law that THEY decide if you have a good enough reason to carry

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>34661498
EXACTLY.
If you use force to make someone else's life hell for your own amusement, it's ludicrous to not expect people to retaliate, sooner or later. I haven't seen a school shooting, but I've seen people pull knives on each other and it was a fucking handful to deal with.
>>
>>34660638
>implying the opposition wasn't corrupt
>what is Benghazi
>what is DNC leaks
>what is Whitewater
>what is off-site server and device destruction
>what is 1990's Hill vs 2016 Hill
>what is Clinton Foundation

Want to keep going?
>>
>>34661303
Well... I just don't have words for this.

Closet I have is
>be me
>Spanish class 10th grade
>called up to write on board
>have always written with narrow tall letters
>kinda like lazy cursive where it all connects but isn't "proper" cursive
>teacher asks me to write some more on board
>claims some obscure study no one has ever heard of indicates my writing style has subtext
>according to her my tall narrow text indicates a propensity for violence and serial killers share similar writing styles
>immediately everyone starts saying I'm gonna be a shooter because of it
>being an edgy teen I turn around and say "I think the getting pushed out of my desk and constant ridicule is a better baseline than my writing style"
>next day called down to counsellors office
>"anon, some people are worried about you. How are you feeling?"
>fine, maybe people should mind their business and not critique my handwriting as a sign of sociopathic psychopathy
>"oh, well come talk if you every feel upset."

Good god, when my dad was a kid you could whoop somebody's ass if they talked trash to you like that.
>>
>>34661580
It's pseudoscience.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphology
>>
>>34660970

Absolutely, if we want to lock down a decision we'll probably need two to be replaced since we don't know how Kennedy or even Chief Justice Roberts would answer the question of carrying outside the home
>>
>>34661535
Proportional response is a thing, homie.

"Making someone's life hell" is not a reason to pull anything but a restraining order at most.
>>
>>34662434
Point out where I said any of that is reasonable. I'm saying it's not surprising and unless you tackle the root issues that push kids to that point it will keep happening.
>>
>>34660500
Of course Reddit did invade, look at all the Trump-cucks.
>>
>>34655281
tack tack, norgebro
>>
File: reddit-cancer.jpg (76KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
reddit-cancer.jpg
76KB, 571x618px
>>34660638
we need to shitpost this board into oblivion and drive away the cancer.
>>
>>34661580
That's 100% bullshit, and the indicators of violence ARE social ridicule that's percieved as unjustified (hah hah - the one class in med school I was good at!), so, being singled out increases your odds of mental health /physical health issues.

Tell that professor to eat shit. Also,
>Spanish teacher
> useful
>>
>>34662578
No amount of gore and shitposting can cleanse the sickness that infests this board. It's a horrid mix of all the lefties that got kicked off of /pol/ and all the_donald subredditors flocking to 4chins since the election.

It's not just inoperable, it's terminal.
>>
>>34662434

Getting your house burned down is proportional to unprovoked assault.
>>
>>34655797
>Which means the case will essentially have to go to the Supreme Court.
Which isn't a good thing.

The court just sidestepped the issue by denying cert for Peruta v. San Diego.

For those unaware, California bans open carry, and concealed carry requires a Sheriff-issued permit with a "good-cause" requirement. Peruta wanted a CCP for "self defense." Sheriff Gore (formerly FBI, of Ruby Ridge infamy) does not accept that as good cause. 9th Circuit decided that it's legal to restrict concealed carry, and ignored that the open carry ban meant it was impossible for Peruta to bear arms without a CCP. The Supreme Court didn't see a problem with that.

If this case gets to the Supreme Court soon, they probably won't go our way.
>>
>>34655242

and this is why you vote republican: liberals will take this to the SCOTUS and Gorsuch will give us nationwide constitutional carry
>>
>>34660638
>Unironically posting reddit
Why the fuck are (you) even here?
>>
>>34663521

I suspect you're right, but I'm being optimistic in the face of adversity.

What's more, it may be the case that Kennedy (and others, but he's the one that matters here) declined on Peruta because he just didn't want to rock the boat while there was no disagreement between federal jurisdictions. But I digress, I haven't read the decision.
>>
>>34663533
so you don't understand how the Supreme Court works, right?

see also >>34663521

>>34660239
You have the right to carry even if the reason you're carrying is to make sure you've got a bullet for that fucking zombie JFK that's roaming the countryside.

That's what they're saying.
>>
>>34661303

Of course. The reason the bullying but was in there was to highlight that.

As for your teacher, that is some sociopathic shit. If anybody had found out I don't doubt she would have been out of a job.

>tfw closest thing I have is my second grade art teacher explaining to us that yellow is a cold color because it's like the napalm that was used in Vietnam
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.