[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treading water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Was watching S.W.A.T. on netflix. They were showing one of the challenges in the SRT Q course. The candidates had to tread water for 15 minutes. Guess the ethnicity of the first candidate who quit?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Also, literally every long gun they find in Miami SWAT is an "AK-47, a weapon of war"
>>
>>34655080
Was it a black guy? They just usually don't float as well as whites or asians. I was a swim coach for almost 8 years and of all the black kids I coached only a handful could successfully do floating drills, and it wasn't from a lack of poor technique in most cases. I had very limited experience coaching hispanics, so I can't speak for their floatability.
>>
Its Miami, shit will be underwater in a couple of years
>>
>>34655080
>that pic
Why is that entire swat team hispanic?>>34655133
>ability to float
Unless blacks have special bodies that defy fiziks n shiiet, stop excusing lack of impulse control and an aversion to water on 'ability to float'
>>
>>34655160
Are you saying every race of human is genetically identical?
>>
>>34655133
It was indeed an individual with dark pigmentation.
>>
>>34655204
Are you saying that black people have fundamentally different bodies from whites and that it's not just an aversion to water stemming from a primal fear of drowning?
>>
>>34655080
It's really a shit show. I tuned in for about 10 minutes too long.
>>
>>34655402
Yes, I am. For almost every single kid laying motionless on their back in the water, their torso would float while their legs sank like anchors.
>>
>>34655402
Yes, fast twitch muscle fibers and a resulting higher muscle to fat ratio, on average. This has been studied to death.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25739558

It also has jack shit to do with /k/.
>>
>>34655455
Read the abstract you fucking nigger. This talks about how blacks are more predisposed to obesity. Elite swimmers have minimal body fat%. Stop making excuses.

>>34655447
Believe me when I say I have trained more people to swim than you. In both survival and life guarding situations. The most important thing you have related to bouyancy isn't your body fat or any other indescribable trait which you are failing to pinpoint. It's your lungs dumbass. You can tread water for an hour simply buy keeping your lungs inflated. Jesus you're dense.
>>
>>34655553
I believe you, can I suck your dick now?
>>
>>34655160

Small and skinny people have a harder time floating
>>
>>34655160
>stop excusing lack of impulse control and an aversion to water
aka
>stop trying to discredit my racist beliefs
>>
>>34655553
lol are we supposed to be impressed that you're a lifeguard and swim instructor?
>>
>>34655553
>blacks are more predisposed to obesity

Only with inactivity, you ignorant boor, which is not the case with SWAT applicants. Their higher ratio of fast twitch muscle fiber screws them over during long periods of inactivity due to it's high anaerobic specialization.
>>
>>34655402
Bone density dude. It's a legit thing.
>>
>>34655080
>be me
>army
>CWST
>everyone gets in pool
>treading water for 10 minutes
>by the two minute mark half the black swimmers are on the wall
>most of the rest are on the wall by the 5 minute mark
>only one passes
>>
>>34655160

They're not, some are white guys. It's Miami, sunny all the time.
>>
>>34655160
The topheavyness that makes black peoples good at running conversely makes them shitty at swimming
>>
Is this just for weeding out people with poor stamina? If not, what purpose does urban SWAT have with treading water?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.