[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Law Shield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: hello 911.jpg (22KB, 540x451px) Image search: [Google]
hello 911.jpg
22KB, 540x451px
So I took a concealed carry class the other day.
Everything went pretty smoothly during the classroom portion, and the range.
Local Sheriff told us alot of useful stuff, but after we got done with the written exam, some lawyer lookin lady with crooked teeth shared with us a few unpleasant scenarios then told us that we needed to pay a few hundred dollars a year so that in case we ever have to kill someone, a team of highly skilled lawyers will defend us. Buy today and you get platinum plus protection and pay extra for bail money and some other stuff.
She cited a few cases where someone had to use deadly force and said "If he/she had TexasLawShield on their side then they wouldn't be in prison right now" and told us that if someone ever enters your home and you shoot them when they're halfway in the window to drag the body inside, and always look like the victim after an altercation.
Of course all the old biddys in the room just had to have that protection, but I got up and left.
Is this a scam or should I be scared of my own guns?
>>
>>34652790
it's good to have insurance if you can afford it. I passed as the odds of using a gun are so low. the NRA and a few others offer the same service.
>>
>>34652790
>drag the body inside
oh christ this is terrible advice.
>>
>>34652790
That one sounds like a scam
Insurance in general could be a good idea
>>
....sounds like she was a saleswoman, or a fan-girl instead of an attorney. I dont think a real attorney would give such a careless answer.

BTW, they write a pretty good reference book about TX firearms laws, IMO.
>>
Good thing Texas castle doctrine covers the entirety of your property (vehicle included) and not just your house. Personally I would never touch a dead body, as it would be tampering with evidence. That sounds like horrible advice, something you would hear from some fat fudd at a gun shop, not an actual attorney.
>>
So... they wait you to pay lawyer retaining fees forever for something you'll never need.

Scam. Just get a good lawyer when you actually need one.
>>
https://www.texaslawshield.com/

Is it these guys op?
>>
>>34652790
They're legit. I used them for years when I lived in Texas and they have good multistate coverage. Once I get my WA CHL, I'll renew.
>>
Having an attorny on retainer is not a bad idea. Picking the first one you meet at a CCW class without researching them is a bad idea. Shop around.
>>
>>34653337
This, pretty sure what they are doing goes against ethical codes.
Don't pay for it unless you need it, NRA does the same thing if you are a member if I remember correctly
>report them to the ABA
>>
>>34652790
I have USCCA's $30/mo plan but that's because I am a pizza delivery guy in MN and am fairly likely to get into a nasty situation due to the city and the nature of our laws (duty to retreat).

Once I get out of school I'm reducing down to their cheapest plan as I will have an okay paying job and can afford saving money for a retainer and other such nonsense.

It's a pretty good deal senpai. Don't get NRA guard because they actually reimburse your bail, they don't pay it outright like other plans.
>>
>>34653418
I don't know where people hear this from but it's false. The only time the NRA will ever step into a case is if it's a major precedent setting situation. They literally only offer $2500(?) theft/damage insurance for firearms with their baseline membership.
>>
>>34653436
I got kansaslawshield because its a rather cheap little insurance in case you have ventilate some gibmedat. They usually qualify for free lawyers and get funding from agencies and will wittle you down financially till they win
>>
>>34652790
Sounds like an alphabet honey pot
>>
>>34652790
Dumb

Get...
NRA carry guard.
Cc insurance, 30$ month
Gives you

1,000,000$ insurance
Family coverage
NRA membership - ranges
Nra freebies
Free classes - if in area
NRA lawyers. Huge huge huge bonus.
Bail money
Lawyer on call 24/7.
They use the $ for lobbying gun shit and pissing of democrats. Vs..
Some jew lawyer that pockets the change
NRA level lawyering
>>
They don't only cover shootings. The thing that sold me is that their legal teams will defend your children if they defend themselves from a bully at school, for example. If your kid defends themselves from getting beat up, and their parents sue you, law shield will step in. It covers everyone in your household. That along with having a lawyer on retainer for a self-defense situation was enough for me to get it.
>>
File: 2017-05-01-1.jpg (1MB, 2000x2201px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-01-1.jpg
1MB, 2000x2201px
>>34653577
Enjoy your cuck insurance.
>>
I got it. $11/mo is cheap insurance.
>>
>>34653619
that's why they were banned from the nr'S MEETING LAST year fck caps. anyway I still am an nra member but uscca is superior.
>protection in gun free zone
literally my main concern as I carry at all times.
>>
>>34653895
Same.

When I'm slinging pizzas the sketchiest situations are literally ALL in gun free zones.

County owns apartment buildings here and they are gun free, and in compliance with our state signage laws.
>>
>>34652790
I got them after my carry class. I live on a rural ranch in South Texas, and we've had illegals breaking in and stealing our shit when we were gone. If my life is in danger, I want to know I can defend myself and not be concerned about legal fees.

But the odds are low. I can afford the money, really. I also carry a knife in other states, and TLS says they'll help with that if cops decide to give me a bad day.
>>
>>34653619

/thread

I've got the USCCA shit. Not a member of the NRA. That $347 a year is less than I pay for other insurances I have for my business.
>>
>>34652790

Law Shield / TexasLawShield goes around to a lot of training courses to advertise their stuff. It's basically like Mary K/magazines sales/etc. People working on commission to get that money
>>
File: 1500625312435.gif (28KB, 450x482px) Image search: [Google]
1500625312435.gif
28KB, 450x482px
>>34653619
Jesus, up your game NRA
>>
>>34654411
It's really pathetic considering how insanely large they are as an organization.

I wouldn't be surprised if USCCA is think tanking their own lobbying group.
>>
File: 1498840061834.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498840061834.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
I just cancelled with them. Here's a few reasons why.

>I didn't appreciate the fear mongering sales pitch during the class. Rubbed me and a few LEO's wrong who were there.

>TLS actually got into some legal trouble for fear mongering and stuff. Look it up.

>TLS has the right to refuse your case and will ONLY help you if it's a guaranteed/easy win. There's many cases like this you can lookup

>TLS has only actually participated in 8-10 cases according to public court documents.

>That 24/7 lawyer on the phone stuff is bullshit. I needed them one time from an incident and I was given some Joe who was literally Googling laws off the internet. Call them now and ask a few questions if you don't believe me.

>The time I actually needed them, they were in no rush to help me.
And finally, the most important one:

>If you shoot someone, OP -- it *will* cost you money in some way or another. Insurance or not, it's going to cost you. Now, would you rather have a lawyer whom you paid 10 cents a day defend you in court? And at any time, could drop your case and leave you high and dry?

Or would you rather have a lawyer you paid and who is doing all he can to win both for his/her payment, your own money and keeping your ass out of the system?

You certainly get what you pay for. You sound young and new to concealed carry. Don't let them take advantage of your newness. Study the law. Look into real lawyers.
>>
File: 1498740034033.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1498740034033.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>34653208

This, in Texas, you are granted Civil Immunity for all Castle and SYG cases. I remember them trying to scare us with, "You may win in court but the family can still take you to a civil trial, goyim!"
>>34653337
>>34653417
>>34653418

Bingo.

>>34653579

This is wrong. Go and read the fine print. A knife or firearm must have been used in accordance to the law.

>>34653745

An $11 a month lawyer is a shitty lawyer.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-25-12-46-01.png (487KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-25-12-46-01.png
487KB, 720x1280px
https://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/texas-law-shield-concealed-carry-insurance-class-action-lawsuit/

Really makes you think.
>>
>>34654563
What's your general conscensus on other carry insurance? What about in cuck states with duty to retreat, no SYG, and no Castle Doctrine?
>>
File: Trash_7b6e2d_6316610.jpg (33KB, 796x470px) Image search: [Google]
Trash_7b6e2d_6316610.jpg
33KB, 796x470px
>>34654593

Again, you get what you pay for. The NRA & USCCA are more legitimate as they have had a few somewhat infamous cases.

But they are just like all typical Lawyer groups offering insurance. They all have fine print stating that they can withdraw from your case at anytime for any reason.

They only go for the easier/easy to win cases and if at any point you seem like you're losing -- they pull out. And now you have to rush to find and pay for a lawyer + you're out the money you could have used on a lawyer, but instead paid on "insurance" with.
I'm fairly Libertarian but I absolutely believe that the government needs to get involved in regulating CC insurance as the only winners in the sector are the group owners.
>>
File: IMG_3569.jpg (85KB, 633x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3569.jpg
85KB, 633x1024px
Brother is taking the Texas Bar exam today; lawyer famalam feels good man.
>>
>>34652804
>I passed as the odds of using a gun are so low
Remember that's the same logic people use to not carry at all, and at least they can suck dick and hope they don't get killed when they get mugged.

>>34652804
>>34652790
US law shield. google it. shit's fucking cheap, and it's a WHOLE LOT CHEAPER than the thousands of dollars you'll be paying for an actual lawyer if your SD shooting isn't 100% clear cut WITH WITNESSES

Robbed in an alley, shoot the guy, nobody's around? You better have lawyer money, or insurance.
>>
>>34652811
>when legal advice becomes conspiracy
>>34652790
If you can afford this kind of insurance, you can afford to set aside the same amount of money or more to use on a legitimate defense attorney that will know his shit if you ever go to court. Was right about one thing though, you're the victim if you shoot someone, act like it.
>>
>>34654591
Shit dude, you just activated my almonds. Im this guy >>34653745 canceling today. Plus uscca looks better
>>
Sorry for delayed reply ya'll. I have a life and most of my threads never get more than 10 replies
>>34653381
yes that's it exactly
>>34654508
You are correct, I've been around/shot guns all my life, but never owned any other than for hunting

This thread was exactly what I'd hoped for.
Honest answers from experienced anons.
I'm going to shop around for insurance, but this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't realize that gun insurance was even a thing until last week.
It's a good thing I decided to rathole some money for a rainy day. Guess I'll use that for gun insurance and/or lawyer fees if I ever need some.
>>
>>34654819
Same boat as you a year ago.

IF you get it do it because you carry in *grey* situations, not just going to your job at a gun range and back to your house.
>>
>>34654649

>tfw I have an attorney on retainer that assisted on the Heller case.

So yea, I'm covered.
>>
File: 1395623363_funny_picdump_202_55.jpg (56KB, 720x805px) Image search: [Google]
1395623363_funny_picdump_202_55.jpg
56KB, 720x805px
>>34654651
I know what you mean senpai.
>father lawyer
>brother lawyer
>sister in law lawyer
>>
>>34654651
His being a lawyer is handy if you need legal help in his specific field. You don't want a tax lawyer representing you when you've killed 8 people who broke into your house to steal your prized dragon dildo collection.
>>
Amazing that so many replies didn't know what cc insurance was. Bunch of retards.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.