[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best 2nd pistol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 4guage shotgun.jpg (388KB, 1357x762px) Image search: [Google]
4guage shotgun.jpg
388KB, 1357x762px
>tl;dr
>What 2nd pistol should I buy if my first will be a Ruger LCP and been shooting maybe half a dozen times in my life?

In a couple of months I'll be graduating from uni and moving back to the US after spending the last 20 years in Aus. First step to celebrating my return is going to be getting my hands on some funs.

I've been promised a 3 month old barely fired LCP, which I assume will become my CCW, but I also want something larger to enjoy down at the range or leave on my nightstand. Maybe CC when I'm dressed for it.
In rough order of importance I figure I should be looking for something
>Reliable, in case ever need to trust my life to it
>Accurate
>9mm for cheap, ubiquitous and acceptably lethal calibre
>Heavy and comfortable enough that I'll want to shoot it as often as I should (but light and compact enough to conceal carry on occasion)
>Bitchin good looks and rails for tacticool accessories
Cost is not a huge concern but obviously money doesn't make up for skill.
Ideally I'd like a safety.

I plan to spend a fair bit of time firing off rented guns before I make a decision but right now the top of the list right now is
>Sig P320 in ?fullsize ?carry ?compact size. Love the modular design, especially if that means I can cheaply prep it to accept 4 calibres for when the SHTF
>M&P 9. Reviews just seem to paint it as a nice, accurate gun
Also looking at
>Glock 17. Because Glock.
>Beretta 92fs. Accurate, reliable, looks good.

So. What should I get? How should I decide? Any other guns I should be considering? Any general

>picunrelated.
>>
Glock 19 now fuck off
>>
Glock 19
>>
>>34652429
Current production Glock 19 Gen4. Seriously
>>
>>34652445
>>34652457
>>34652466
Samefag
>>
>>34652466
>>34652445 Go fuck yourself with an echidna
>>34652457
Why?
What makes the G19 so much better than an M&P or P320? Just the size, or something else?
>>
>>34652483
Why better than an M&p? The trigger and aftermarket support

Better than a P320? The bore axis and aftermarket support
>>
>>34652483
It is more ubiquitous. I don't own a Glock, but you really can't go wrong with one.

Or buy another 9mm. I don't give a fuck what you do.
>>
>>34652500
In fairness, the M&P2 has a much nicer trigger than the gen 1. The grip is awful, though.
>>
>>34652429
Get a Ruger 9e so your lcp has a safe buddy.

Don't get a Glock. The only reason to get one is aftermarket so you can waste more shekels on a piece of shit. Get any other decent striker-fired pistol before a Glock
>>
>>34652500
>>34652504
Didn't consider aftermarket support and ubiquity that important. A G19 or 17 was naturally my first thought but I have a look at the other options available.

I'd heard about the trigger needing replacement and the bore axis being igher but I wasn't sure how much of an impact those had in practice.
>>
>>34652513
Yeah I bought an M&Pc for my sister for her CCW, so I don't think they're bad or even that the trigger is unusable. There's just really no reason not to go with a G19. The only thing missing from the list is the good looks, but a G19 Gen4 can be made to look cooler than any other striker fired handgun with a little bit of cash
>>
>>34652542
You'll realize how important it is, or at least how nice it is to own something so universal once you get into shooting more. Trust me. And how much of an impact do those things have? Honestly not much at all. It's just a "why bother?" sort of thing
>>
>>34652575
>>34652560
I didn't even really consider the G19. Having the little Ruger for CC made me think I should go right to the other end with my 2nd pistol, but maybe it would be nice to have a gun that'd let me carry double-stacked 9mm more often.

>>34652524
I'm also being given a near new 10/22 so that'll keep the lcp company, don't want to go completely all in with one brand brand though.
Why the glock hate though?
>>
>>34652661
They're over priced for what they are, Imo. Plastic sights, crap trigger, bad ergos for some people, looks dogshit ugly to me. There's so many other options for polymer striker-fired pistols nowadays. A S&W svd9e can be found slightly cheaper than a Ruger 9e (one less round capacity and shit trigger though, it's smaller though) and it's virtually a Glock clone
>>
>>34652661
Right to the other end meaning full size I assume? A Glock 17 gen4 is a better shooting pistol than a 19, but most people aren't willing to carry it with that extra grip length. Just be real with yourself. Are you going to be willing to carry a double stack much at all? If not by all means get a 17. Or if you are willing to carry it and just dress around the gun/not care about it poking out a bit, get the 17. It's really not too big a deal to carry a full size pistol if you commit to doing it
>>
>>34652717
Guy who's been shilling the Glock here. Yeah they are overpriced
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.