[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jungle warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Can we have a jungle warfare thread?
Jungles scare the shit out of me.
>>
File: NOPE generator.jpg (275KB, 1200x1144px) Image search: [Google]
NOPE generator.jpg
275KB, 1200x1144px
>Jungles scare the shit out of me.
Why ? It's just green stu-
>>
>>34652368
Cute!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
*blocks your path*
>>
My Godfather was a career Marine and served 4 combat tours in Vietnam. I asked him what the most realistic Vietnam movie was and he said without hesitation Forest Gump. Jungle combat is just absolute fucking point blank chaos and you have no idea what the fuck is going on. Most of the time though its just walking through the jungle endlessly through razor grass and monsoons, followed by very short periods of blinding incomprehensible violence. He told me that on two separate occasions his platoon was ambushed at a distance of less than 10 yards, and on another occasion a man in his platoon literally stepped on a gook thats how close they were. He said they were so close you could tell if they had shaved their faces recently. "Close enough to spit on them" as he put it. Hand to hand combat, bayonet fighting, and resorting to beating enemies with rocks and sticks was not unheard of. A man in his platoon also Mike Tysone'd a guy. Took a good hunk of his face off with his mouth before driving a bayonet through his skull. He also told me a story where they captured about a dozen unarmed teenage aged kids acting as scouts. Instead of reporting it, and dragging them 2 days back through the jungle they just fucking greased em all on the spot and pissed on their bodies. He said the one thing that Hollywood could never ever capture about war is the noise. He said it was so loud you would go deaf for 3 days.
>>
>>34652283
>Jungles scare the shit out of me

Yeah, I'm more of a House guy myself
>>
>>34652283
>Jungles scare the shit out of me.
that's the point.
>>
>>34652691
>Forrest Gump
Your godfather is a lying sack of shit.
>most realistic
Platoon.
>>
File: 1446111669380.jpg (37KB, 720x411px) Image search: [Google]
1446111669380.jpg
37KB, 720x411px
>>34652686
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0cMyyw_M
>>
>"One of America's most colorful and least known soldiers of World War II is the Bushmaster...His tactics are borrowed from native jungle fighters, the American Indian, British commandos, exponents of judo and the Shanghai underworld...(He uses) machetes, curved knives, tommy guns, high-powered rifles, and hand grenades...His average age is 22 and his favorite weapon is the long-bladed machete...With his fellow Bushmasters, he disappears from civilization for weeks at a time. The men know how to sustain themselves on wild fare supplemented by (jungle rations) carried in their packs. When they are not testing their camouflage against aerial observers, making camp in a swamp, or working out an intricate code of communications, they are practicing jujitsu or improve on the native's technique with the machete. The Bushmaster bows to no man in the art of hand-to-hand fighting and any unwary (enemy) who crosses his path would probably never know what hit him."
>>
File: Jungle_masters.jpg (69KB, 691x441px) Image search: [Google]
Jungle_masters.jpg
69KB, 691x441px
>>34657068
>On 2 July, the regimental combat team went ashore as part of the battle of Noemfoor on Noemfoor Island, Netherlands New Guinea, to capture the airfields and to provide security for the engineers upgrading the airfields to operational use. As part of General Douglas MacArthur's return to the Philippines, the regimental combat team under the command of the much respected and admired General Hanford MacNider landed at Lingayen Gulf, Luzon as part of the invasion of Lingayen Gulf on 11 January 1945 and suffered heavy casualties from well dug in Japanese forces along the Damortis-Rosario road. Company G, was awarded a Presidential Unit Citation after destroying a Japanese 14-inch coastal gun which was directing heavy fire on the Allied ships. The entire regiment would be awarded the Philippine Presidential Unit Citation for its fighting in the Philippines.
>>
>>34657089
>The next objective tasked to the regimental combat team was Batangas, Luzon where they cleared the area around Balayan Bay and Batangas Bay, which took three weeks to subdue. The aided by the Filipino ground troops of the Philippine Commonwealth Army and Philippine Constabulary were welcomed to helped by the regimental combat team was engage or the liberated areas in Southern Luzon and Bicol Peninsula against the Japanese Imperial forces. Then on 1 April, the regimental combat team invaded the Bicol Peninsula, landing at Legaspi. F Company was made up most of Native Americans from the main tribes of the Salt River Valley, but was led by white officers. Many of these officers, who survived combat, later recounted participating in Native American rituals; such as becoming blood brothers and purifying their warrior's spirit before battle. Although these rituals are not today performed by the majority of the unit's soldiers, they still use Japanese saki to toast with in reference to the supply captured by the regiment during its time in the Philippines. After being relieved in Philippines campaign, the regiment was selected as part of the planned Operation Downfall, the invasion of Japan, the Bushmasters were chosen to attack the island of Tanegashima to capture the island's air warning stations two days prior to the Allied assault on Kyūshū. The atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki caused the surrender of the Japanese on 14 August 1945. On 13 October 1945, the regimental combat team landed in Yokohama, Japan to be part of the Occupation of Japan. The 158th Regimental Combat Team was deactivated at Utsunomiya, Japan, on 17 January 1946.

>General MacArthur gave the Bushmasters the accolade, "No greater fighting combat team has ever deployed for battle".

Aside from the officers I believe the entire Regiment was composed of Native Americans and Mexican Americans.
>>
>>34655110
My god you're dumb as fuck...

Platoon isn't even a good movie. Not saying for all of Forrest Gump, but the whole 2 seconds of peace then an enemy shooting you out of no where is one of the most realistic Vietnam segments on film.

>also, not even the guy you're quoting
>>
Bumpy
>>
I'm pretty sure you fight the jungle more than the ennemy in thoses conditions. Must be terrible.
>>
>>34652691
That's what happens when you try to fight an insurgency with attrition warfare

> The Australian patrols were described as discipline, stealth, and patience teams. Having experience on fighting Communist guerrillas in the jungles of South-east Asia, they were able to chase the Viet Cong without exposing themselves to lethal ambushed like the Americans
>>
File: 46d.jpg (35KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
46d.jpg
35KB, 800x450px
>be me
>be innajungle
>preparing to ambush
>hide in some thick bushes
>big ass fucking tarantula crawls on hand
>needtoscream.jpg
>enemy patrol comes into view
>mfw
>>
>>34652691
>He also told me a story where they captured about a dozen unarmed teenage aged kids acting as scouts. Instead of reporting it, and dragging them 2 days back through the jungle they just fucking greased em all on the spot and pissed on their bodies
This entire story is probably bullshit; but this part I believe happened multiple times during the war
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.