[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semi vs Bolt For 2nd Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0407.jpg (11KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0407.jpg
11KB, 480x480px
I've acquired a 22 that I learned how to shoot on and a single shot skeet gun so I want to move up to a full sized rifle and was deciding between a cheapo 223/556 rifle similar to pic related that I can grab now in the $300 range or a $600 range semi auto AK design rifle

I'd have to wait to save for the more expensive rifle and since I live in a very anti gun state that may not be an option

This gun would largely just be kept for the sake of having a standard caliber rifle in case all hell breaks loose since I live in a high crime area
>>
>>34651515
>very anti gun state

Which one?

Also an SKS since it's considered "featureless" sounds like your best bet for a quality semi-auto, though they might be pricey in your state due to demand.
>>
>>34651515

If you can, buy an AR. Ground Zero Precision will sell you a very decent rifle for 420 out the door if you can wait for a sale.
>>
>>34651530
Actually, they're banned by name in my state along with all variants of similar build
>>
>>34651557
Most of the cheap ARs have to many state banned components and gun shops refuse to do the work on them necessary to make them compliant
>>
>>34651530
And I'm from Jersey
>>
>>34651564
Brutal.

Mini 14 then?
>>
If not a mini 14, then I would personally lean towards a nice lever action in 44 or 30-30.

They are so much fun and surprisingly practical.
>>
>>34651515
What if someone bought an AR in a free state. Took off the flash hider, buy a non collapsible stock on and made sure there wasn't a bayo lug, then decided they didn't like it and shipped it to an FFL who transferred it to you?

That would be 100% legal, right?
>>
File: 1499525683611.jpg (115KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499525683611.jpg
115KB, 1000x1000px
>>34651569
Heeey Jersey, Massachusetts here. You're lucky compared to us.

Had a guy from your State in my training coarse. Talked pretty funny.

>tfw haven't applied yet because I don't know if being willingly hospitalized for OCD when I was 14 disqualifies me or not
>tfw I would need an affidavit from my primary care doctor, NOT PHYSICIAN OR ANYTHING, if it does
>tfw pimary care doctor is a Libshit marxist who wont return my calls asking
>tfw I can't even get a fucking 10 round Ruger 10/22 until I get my allowed to own cucked guns card which I may not be allowed to apply for because of having a common mental issue AS A MINOR
AAAAAUUUUUUUGHHHH
>>
>>34651677
Likely so
>>
>>34651658
I'll look into 30-30's

44 mag is off limits since I'm too young to buy handgun ammo
>>
>>34651677
FFLs do this for California so I don't see why they couldn't do it for other states. I don't know about NJ but for CA it's also legal to send the lower to the FFL which is completely legal on its own and the upper to the customer. Before you put them back together you're supposed to change to less scary bits.
>>
>>34651606
I will look into those too
>>
>>34651569
Jersey isn't that bad man. If you have a collapsible buttstock it has to be pinned. If you have a compensator it too has to be pinned. Other than that you're fine.
>>
>>34651703
Hmm.

I'd be willing to maybe help you out if you're interested through gun broker
>>
File: 1500867322137.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1500867322137.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>>34651708
Why not just get a fixed stock at that point?
>>
>>34651708
so is a muzzle brake good to go?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.