[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vepr 12 any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: VEPR12_07-1140x641.jpg (151KB, 1140x641px) Image search: [Google]
VEPR12_07-1140x641.jpg
151KB, 1140x641px
>>
>>34649317
Yes
>>
>>34649317
No
>>
>>34649317
Maybe
>>
>>34649317
I don't know
>>
>>34649317
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>34649317
You're not the boss of me now
>>
You're not the boss of me now!
>>
>>34649317
You're not the boss of me now
>>
*The number you have dialed is not available at this time*
>>
>>34649317
Fuck you.
>>
File: Bane_TDKR3.jpg (49KB, 470x706px) Image search: [Google]
Bane_TDKR3.jpg
49KB, 470x706px
>>34649353
And you're not so big
>>
Life is unfair
>>
>>34649317
yeah, i bought one right when they banned molot import. shot it last weekend, cycles target load pretty well too even though it's designed for buckshot or slugs
>>
if something breaks youll never be able to get a replacement part since the fuckwads dont sell parts only complete rifles. shitty company and no surprise they are bankrupt now
>>
>>34649317
No, don't buy them at all, ever.
>>
>>34649544
You're a fucking idiot. Its not only a russian ak. Its built off the rpk design. Do you think norinco fags for example worry about replacement parts? No those guns have lasted through every fucking owners "50" rounds since the 80's. 12g isn't a crazy powerful cartridge nigger expect those guns to be around for a long time. Mags though will be expensive but isn't every snowflake rifles. Vepr 12 fags will be fine. It's a better built shotgun than that fucking saiga was.
>>
>>34650209
im an idiot for wanting to keep spare parts on hand or a source for replacements? what are you like a 19yo keyboard commando? kys millennial trash, uneducated piece of shit for brains. im not explaining shit to you, stay retarded.
>>
>>34649342
>>34649343
>>34649353
>>34649362
YOUR NOT MY REAL DAD
>>
I fired one like a month ago. It had a jam every other shot.
>>
UH i think u mean the s12k
>>
>>34650728
A. Was it new?
B. Was your military grade semi auto shotgun designed for bick or slugs choking on birdshot or the second cheapest thing you could shoot?

>>34650607
Yes motherfucker yes you're a fucking idiot own it. Its not a fucking ras 47 or an I.O. you cant afford to shoot this thing to death. What are you worried about? Go ahead say it. Lets learn as much as we can about the vepr 12. Don't even worry your stupid ass I'll do most of the googling for you.
>>
File: IMG_6924.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6924.png
345KB, 640x480px
>>34650920
>>34650607
It's like watching two cats fighting. You want to stop it but can't.
>>
>>34649449
I see what you did there trips fail.
>>
>>34650920
Ok, it was a full-auto version in Vegas. No idea what they had but I figured they would at least attempt to keep their guns functioning properly.
>>
>>34649317
Bought mine right before the ban for 710 USD. I love mine. Built like a tank. Aftermarket mags are complete Shit and the 10 round factory ones are at 200 fucking dollars right now so I'm just sticking with my 5 rounder. Even if you get one for 850 on gunsamerica right now, the value of the gun is going to increase.
>>
Cycles every 4th birdshot round, pounds through entire mag of buckshot without issue though. Aftermarket mags are junk, never buy/use them. Factory mags are insanely expensive and sold out everywhere, someone is speculating on them and bought them all out as soon as the ban was announced.
>>
Got the folding stock version right before the ban. Also picked up two 10 round mags for whatever they were going for, $90 I believe.

I still haven't fired it. Too busy working.

So far its been nice to hold and look at.
>>
File: 1497250417454.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497250417454.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>34649317
it shoots but it's not really good for anything compared to traditional designs.
>it doesn't make sense as a competitive shotgun
>it doesn't really make sense as a home defense shotgun
>shotguns don't see a lot of combat and it makes little sense as a breaching shotgun
>factory mags aren't reliable in the heat
it's cool but beyond mag dumping on the range for giggles that's about it

>>34653124
i doubt it's speculating so much as the cost increase that will come as supply dwindles, if you want mags i hope you have them
>>
File: v2.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
v2.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>34649317
I use mine for trap/skeet shooting every week. Love it to death. Hard to back to tube fed when I have 4 pre-loaded mags sitting at my hip to grab from, or reload easily with my offhand between stations.
>>34653124
Seems like every 500 rounds+, the last round of birdshot in a mag will re-chamber itself. The BHO must just have enough drag on the bolt so it occasionally doesn't hit the ejector and leave the gun.
But then again, I let my shotgun get dirty as all hell between cleanings. It never does seem to screw up ever unless I've been putting well over 1000rds through it without any cleaning. If I'd just keep up on it, that'd probably be eliminated. I'm getting to the point again where I'm sure I'll get a huge pile of crap from the gas block.
>>
>>34653177
>it doesn't make sense as a competitive shotgun
works great for me for regular shotgun sports
why not? that doesn't make any sense to me
it goes bang as well as anything, is fairly short, and I can out-reload anybody else on the range, it's not even a remotely close competition
>shotguns don't see a lot of combat and it makes little sense as a breaching shotgun
that has no relevance to anybody on this board
>factory mags aren't reliable in the heat
what are you smoking? I think you need to throw your shit defect mag away and buy a new one.
>>
>>34653232
>works great for me for regular shotgun sports
alright D class or open

paul explains it fairly well.

>that has no relevance to anybody on this board
the point being that it makes no sense for any purpose when you could have a traditional o/u, sxs, pump or semi with a barrel length and handling characteristics that are actually suited to what you are doing
it's less than ideal for shooting sports and hunting. it puts you in open class if you can even use it in the run and gun sports where guys with rails will dump on you for about the same price as current market veprs. the balance is as awful as all of the veprs and i sure as fuck wouldn't want to carry it in the field all day (to be fair though rails fucking destroy balance too but you aren't carrying one of those for long). sight height over bore also hurts it in all categories.

>what are you smoking? I think you need to throw your shit defect mag away and buy a new one.
whether they've since fixed it or not, i don't really care but they had some issues with either the magazines or shells softening in the heat and causing both insertion and feeding issues. vepr shotgun and full rifle mags both kind of sucked in my experience.

they do everything any other shotgun will do but never as well. i'm glad you enjoy big black turd but they're really just pointless beyond rule of cool.
>>
File: 1buck 20-30-40.jpg (2MB, 2560x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1buck 20-30-40.jpg
2MB, 2560x1206px
>>34653328
>paul explains it fairly well.
I don't know who that is, but link it.
I'm at least curious to see an opinion on it, whether I agree with it at the end or not.
>they had some issues with either the magazines or shells softening in the heat and causing both insertion and feeding issues
I've had it happen once, but I'd left that mag loaded and in the gun for many months since I have more mags than I actually ever use, and it was a birdshot load so it's extra soft and flexible vs other stuff.
The fix is simple, if you have a mag that's been loaded in the gun for a long enough period of time for the top shell to get slightly deformed from pushing up on the bolt, just turn the top shell a quarter turn before you use it.
>>
>>34653468
Sell me a mag or two brother man
>>
File: P1070141.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1070141.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>34653492
Well, I do use them, just not very often. I mostly use the same 4 each week shooting clays.
Then the others have my slugs/buck in them since I don't shoot that nearly as often.
>>
does the ban affect the rebate? 4 mags plus 50 dollar visa gift card. Been more than a month since it was processed.
>>
>>34653568
It shouldn't. Dealings that are already in place before sanctions should not be effected.
>>
>>34653468
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4FESGjiH3s
i _think_ that is the video
i don't 100% agree with him but i feel his arguments are meritorious, especially with a semi as finicky as a vepr

as far as the magazines go, this issue was on a much smaller time scale, waiting between rounds or simply waiting your turn

>>34653568
as long as they had stock to fulfill your order and weren't counting on more coming in, it shouldn't affect it.
>>
>>34653789
Oh, I've seen one of his videos before. I like him and will at least see what he has to say. But I doubt it'll sway me, I've got my mag management etc system perfected and can't imagine any reason it wouldn't be as good or better than something else.
>as far as the magazines go, this issue was on a much smaller time scale, waiting between rounds or simply waiting your turn
Seems odd, because unless you have the bolt pushing on the shell on an inserted mag, I don't see how it'd get deformed.
The rounds are loaded in a way where there really shouldn't be pressure on anything except for the brass itself.
In some competitions, I guess they are using their super-duper-extendo-clips, maybe that makes a lot more pressure on things than there should normally be if you use any normal capacity factory mags?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.