[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITTWP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

ITT we discuss White Phosphorus. It's history, future, uses, and effects.
>>
Isn't this stuff illegal?
>>
>>34648524
nope
>>
>>34648524

For some.
>>
if you use it for the burning effect it is, but if you use it as a smoke grenade it isnt

thrown a couple of phosphorus grenades, its scary shit
>>
regular old bombs work better
>>
Seems like pretty cool stuff to me. I like that you can put it out with water and as soon as it hits air it reignites
>>
>>34648524
It's illegal to use against soldiers, but not for other things, like marking locations, signalling, etc.

For personal use, it'd probably be legal under a certain amount in most countries if you're a backyard student of chemistry and using it for legitimate purposes. But you might be hard pressed finding someone to sell it to you.

Commercially, it'd be up there with some of the harshest restrictions and regulations.
>>
>>34648600
Not legal against living soldiers, but last I checked you can still use it as an area denial weapon
>>
>>34648624
Can you use it to deny an area to people already in it?
>>
>>34648593
How does this shit work? Sorcery?
>>
>>34648624
That would fall under 'other things'
>>
Former 0341 reporting in
Willy P rounds cannot be used directly against infantry. It can be used however for smoke missions, signaling and is widely used in combination of effects. Classic missions such as "shake and bake" where you coordinate smoke with HE on the enemy.

I do not know how the rounds actually work but I know that they burn for a long time and you cannot put it out with water. If it gets on you, it will literally eat through your body and fall out the other side. It's horrible. I've heard you can smother it with dirt but I'm not sure if thats accurate.
>>
>>34648676
Stuff is VERY reactive to O2.
>>
>>34648593
My uncle told me a story one time about having to cut a chunk of it out of his friends leg.
>>
>>34648662
>now you're thinking like the U.S. military
>>
>>34648743
>tracers cant be used against infantry

are you stupid?

as long as you dont use WP as an incendiary weapon, with no other intend than to cause burning you can do what ever the fuck you want
>>
>>34648743
Basically you need to douse it then scrape it off before it reignites. It's not an instant thing, a lot of people calm down and think it's done, then a minute or two later it lights up again.
>>
>>34648806
Thank you
>>
>>34648662
>Technically, we're not terror bombing the population if we just deny them from the air with landmines!
>>
the chemical fires work great for masking vehicle heat signatures apparently. never got to use it or see it in practice.
>>
>>34648524
kek
jew sound just like a lawyer.
long live willie peter.
>>
>>34648743
White phosphorous dust spontaneously catches fire on exposure to air and in the process produces a huge amount of thick smoke that scatters IR and visible light. This property is why it's so useful for defensive and offensive smoke screens. Nothing else gives you as much smoke per kilogram of material or smells as weirdly garlicly.

It's comparatively easy to make and very cheap, though it's harder to get these days then it used to be. Not because of it's weaponized properties, but because it's easily converted to red phosphorous, the hardest ingredient to get if you are making methamphetamine.

WP rounds work by keeping the WP chunks/dust in a liquid that protects them from exposure to air. A small bursting charge of conventional explosives breaks open the case, scatters the WP and disperses the liquid, exposing the WP to air where it catches fire.

WP smoke grenades sometimes damn near skip the bursting charge, just letting air and WP dust get together and burn to create huge amounts of smoke.
>>
White phosphorus is the most unstable allotrope of phosphorus. There's also red, purple, black. When you burn so there's this iridescent green light that shows up, spooky as fuck.
>>
>>34648881
>WP smoke grenades sometimes damn near skip the bursting charge

no they dont, or they would be insanely dangerous to use you mong
>>
>>34648940
Forgot pic
>>
>>34648676
WP is 4 phosphorus atoms that get together in a little pyramid. This adorable little thing is held together by six single P-P bonds.

This isn't super stable, and phosphorus really likes to combine with oxygen. Left alone in a cold dark place a large chunk of it will glow green and get warm as it reacts slowly with oxygen in the air. Made into dust and outside a freezer the oxygen reacts with enough at once because of the greater surface area that the phosphorous catches fire with no outside help, burning very energetically.
>>
>>34648943
The M34 is dangerous to use in the open, given it can throw bits of WP farther then a man with a decent arm can throw it. The M15 is a hell of a lot more friendly, given it's barely got a bursting charge at all and only scatters across twenty meters or so.
>>
>>34648943
Are you retarded? Why would scattering WP across a smaller area make them more dangerous?
>>
File: 1500941792512m.jpg (68KB, 740x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500941792512m.jpg
68KB, 740x1024px
>>34648841
Ok but what if we put it in claymores?
>>
>>34648964
Doesn't it strip the carbon off of organic compounds?ie human flesh?
>>
>>34649055
Normal claymore
>Click
>boom
>low groans from the poor fuck who got hit but didn't die
Enhanced claymore
>click
>boom
>flash
>more smoke than the art teachers van
>ungodly shrieking as men literally fucking melt
>>
>>34649075
Sure, given a chance WP will rip calcium and carbon out of your skeleton. Generally you only have to worry about creepy toxic reactions like that if you are around it for a while, breathing in fumes.

For most people, the reaction you want to worry about is 1 WP + 5 O2 into P4O10, or phosphorous pentoxide.

No reaction with carbon, but combined with water it makes a lot of heat, meaning that the combustion byproduct of the WP rips water out of your body and makes more heat on it's way out.
>>
>>34648524
That's a surprisingly contextual question. Long story short is not for america.

And also to all the people ITT who think WP isn't used in an anti-personnel roll, you're wrong. It very much is(shake and bake and other techniques). Officially speaking they're just putting smoke on an enemy position to obscure they're view though. Toxic smoke and horrible burns are just a happy accident.

>>34649055
That'd work more or less. not sure how much smoke it would put out. Perhaps something somewhere in between a claymore and a fougasse would work better though. Less explosive and a lot more WP considering it auto ignites and lighting shit on fire is what you're going for.
>>
>>34649160
That water loving nature is also why it's so good at making smoke. From 1 molecule of WP you get 4 of H3PO4, so almost all of the mass of the smoke comes from atmospheric oxygen and water vapor.
>>
>>34649160
>rips water out of your body and makes more heat on it's way out.
reading that gave me some serious nopes
>>
>>34649055
You evil bastard! I'll one-up you.
>S-Mines filled with WP
>>
>>34649376
You I like
>>
>>34649055
Dubs say fund it
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.