[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig 226/320 vs Glock 19 vs Walther PPQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1499219912663.jpg (29KB, 750x472px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499219912663.jpg
29KB, 750x472px
First pistol purchase and I can't make my mind between all of them. I've shot with them and the ergos are just right for my manlet hands. I had my mind set on the 226 but saw some reviews and videos on how poor it did in various torture tests. I'll be using my gun exclusively for range but I also want something I can depend my life on if shit hits the fan.

What are each guns pros and cons?

>pic not related
>>
>>34647671

Sig p320

-Modularity

P320: This almost worthless because the "X-Change kits" cost almost as much as a new gun. You could get a compact and just change $50 grip modules for different length magwells, though, which will make one gun a little more or less concealable.

Glock: Grip modules (Gen 4 only). You'll pick one on the first day and never change it again. Maybe you'll want a beavertail though, which they do offer.

-Aftermarket

P320 - small but growing support. Mag extensions, flared magwells, sights, maybe a few other things.

Glock - Largest aftermarket, much of which is crap you don't need. Punisher backplates. Zombie green dildo launchers. Whatever. The factory sights will suck and you'll have to pay to replace them, whereas the P320 comes with high quality sights. $40 mags for sig, Glock 3rd-party mags for as little as $10.

Trigger: "Feel" is largely subjective and both are good enough that people shoot competitively with stock triggers better than you ever will. Both have aftermarket triggers, just a couple for the Sig and dozens for Glock. Glock has that retarded safety tab, Sig doesn't.
>>
>>34647778
If you get an RX model it's a discount on the ROMEO1 sight.
>>
>>34647778
Which one would you conaider to be of higher quality and more reliable?
>>
>>34648264

As far as reliability both are totally unimpeachable, Sig Sauer is a more premium brand and in many ways an improvement on the Glock.

While you won't have to buy new sights, the cost of magazines is a big difference.
>>
>>34648284
Ok good, thanks for the feedback. What are your personnal thoughts on the 226 and PPQ?
>>
>>34648320

Nothing wrong with the PPQ. PPQ you will also pay out the nose for magazines, many people say it has the best trigger among striker fired pistols. If you go that route choose the 2nd gen model with an American style magazine release.

The P226 is a whole other level of cost, and as a DA/SA hammer fired gun it is a totally different mechanism with its own advantaged and disadvantages. It's an orange, whereas the PPQ, P320 and Glock are apples. For a similar firearm at a better price you could look to the Arex Rex Zero but that will still be more expensive than the other guns.
>>
>>34648358
Would you say polymer pistols are more reliable than a 226/metal ones?
>>
>>34649330

There's no difference in reliability that's attributable to the frame material. Some people have a preference for weight difference. Metal guns are heavier and that reduces felt recoil, but also makes them more uncomfortable to carry. They're likely to be a little thicker too.

A purely taste-based difference is that you can get fancy hardwood grips for most metal framed handguns, including the p226.
>>
File: 1500378085575.jpg (111KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
1500378085575.jpg
111KB, 600x538px
>>34649330

I'm going to bed and i work tomorrow so i won't be on 4chan, but if you have any other gun questions feel free to email me at [email protected] i'll answer them the best I can.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.