[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Courtesies and Customs Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: original (1).jpg (158KB, 1180x825px) Image search: [Google]
original (1).jpg
158KB, 1180x825px
How do military units greet each other?

If one group of soldiers were to come upon another without knowing their rank or unit, how is it done?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Tpn0C8PiI
related
>>
>>34646462
>USMC to Army unit?:
>Fuck you, Doggies!"
>>
>>34646462
It's called the dickwave, basically you just pop open your fly (hardest part is dealing with the fucking button fly) and then you pull it out and just sort of wave your dick at each other. Obviously you don't do it if senior leadership is around but if you know the guy is cool that's what you do? Can't do it as much anymore because wimmenz but you still see it fairly often.
>>
>>34646462
>"Who the fuck are you, and what the fuck are you doing in my AO without higher knowing about it?"

pretty much just like that.

>tfw almost lit up a bunch of super friends because they showed up, unannounced, near one of our OPs in a corolla with nothing but small arms and plain clothes. only thing that saved them was a tacsat antenna poking out of a window.
>>
They take their left hand, hold it in a loose fist and shake it horizontally at pelvis level in the direction of approaching unit. Its a sign of deep respect and is taken very seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 400x393px)
image.jpg
146KB, 400x393px
>>34646614
Not sure why I put a question mark there as it is not a question, derp. But yeah ask pretty much any veteran about the dick wave and they'll tell you some stories.
>>
Huh, from what I gather its all very informal or its rare for you to encounter units that you don't know are supposed to be there.
>>
>>34646462
>without knowing their rank or unit
Generally this are visibly displayed.
>>
File: pO34Nac.gif (986KB, 636x360px)
pO34Nac.gif
986KB, 636x360px
Trade patches and camo while your battle-buddy pulls security.
>>
>>34646462
>How do military units greet each other?
"Yo dudes, what's up?"
Seriously what answer do you expect?
>>
>>34650515
This. When two different militaries meet, trading is the way they break the ice and hang out. I've traded patches with Polish, Latvian, and Moldovan dudes. Some British guys traded some MRE's with my squad once, and one hooked me up with a unit decoration of his. For one pair of Goretex trousers, I got some British wet weather trousers, as well as a whole uniform. The Brits also had a god damn store set up in the tent city we stayed at. Cigarettes, snacks, cups of coffee, you name it. Good guys, those limeys.

As far as customs and courtesies go, you're supposed to salute foreign allied officers. That's about all I know.
>>
File: Jn0tLeI.png (432KB, 1466x998px) Image search: [Google]
Jn0tLeI.png
432KB, 1466x998px
>>34651827
>you're supposed to salute foreign officers
unless you're Australian.
>>
File: 1500960459614.jpg (83KB, 476x1024px)
1500960459614.jpg
83KB, 476x1024px
>34651827
>>
>>34651814
>Seriously what answer do you expect?
Some sort of way to identify each other so they don't end up shooting one another?

"101st, we're coming out."
>>
>>34652109
>some sort of way to identify each other so they don't end up shooting one another?
Eyes? Talking? Common sense? I understand they're not gestures, but come on OP.
>>
*makes cricket noises*

FLASH
>>
>>34646462
>TEXAS
>>
>>34653190
>I forgot the fucking countersign, don't shoot.
>>
>>34646462
What scope is the guy on the right using?
>>
>>34653209
100% real life right here
>>
>>34646462
Afghanistan 2010
Bongs everywhere
> get stuck out one night when moving into Marjah
> stick in shitty compound lassoing with PEQ
> on watch out of window
> Hear some shit outside
> decide to put a few rounds out there just to be sure.
> "Ay Ay Ay! Hold Up! Ay Friendlies"
> bunch of brints just out for s stroll
> "Do you mind not being a tosser and not stop that laser its fucking with our drone"

Another time
On checkpoint
> One of those british vehicles that look like they're out of mad max speeds towards us
> BUMF BUMF BUMF BUMF BUMF
> Playing house again
> Pulls up next to us
> they turn the volume down from 100 to 99 so we can hear them
> "A'ight M8..."
> Then he starts mumbling like the pyro out of TF2
> "Flobadaobdadobwawob" he says to me
> "What buddy?"
> "Flobadaobdadobwawob!"
> I looked towards our sergeant
> Dude turns up the music back to 100% volume
> "HAHAHAHAAHA" he starts laughing maniacally
> They start to pull off
> "YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWW!"

99% of the time it was "OI M8!"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.