[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 questions about Cosmoline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: XyoEnPa.jpg (56KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
XyoEnPa.jpg
56KB, 720x468px
How do I apply Cosmoline? I'm storing my guns for a while in a shed that is not climate controlled and the shed is in a very hot and very humid environment. I don't know how long I'll be gone for, possibly a few years, so I want to preserve the guns with Cosmoline. I have absolutely nobody who can look after the guns for me. Not an option. They're going to be in secured storage alone.

How do I do it? Just fill up the bore, chamber and coat the outside? Will it damage my plastic guns or wood stocks? What about stainless steel? How do I prevent the Cosmoline from drying out? Can I just put the guns into trash bags and tie them off? Or do I need something better? Also how much Cosmoline do you think I will need to preserve four rifles, a shotgun and three pistols? It looks like I can buy a quart, a gallon or 5 gallon buckets. Or I can buy it in spray cans. Is the spray on stuff any good, or is it to be avoided?
>>
Also who offers agreed value insurance for firearms? Just in case the shed burns down or dindus raid it.
>>
>>34646046
Don't use that nasty earwax cancer causing bullshit. RIG is superior for long term storage in my opinion.
>>
>>34646046
Why are you falling off the grid for several years? Did the feds find your CP folder?
>>
>>34646103
I'm not going off the grid I joined the military and have no clue when I'll be able to be setup at my own place. Plus I might travel once that's over. So the guns may be in storage for a while.
>>
>>34646103

You should ALWAYS strive to "fall" off the grid.
>>
>>34646046
>I don't know how long I'll be gone for, possibly a few years

3 to 5, normally. Behave yourself and you could be out in like 20 months.
>>
>>34646121
is this storage place like a rental?
how mich is it going to cost you to pay this storage rental fee?
is it going to be worth tge time and money? or would it be easier to sell guns now and buy more later?
or are you storing other things as well? like dead bodies or other incriminating evidences?
>>
>>34646302
Yes, very cheap, worth it because the guns have sentimental value to me and I am storing other shit in there too. I just want to ensure the guns are okay since they're the most important to me.
>>
YOU TAKE RIFLE AND PUT IN COSMOLINE BUCKET

IS ALL YOU NEED
>>
>>34647227
Alright, but a 55 gallon drum is nearly 2 grand. So I want enough to preserve 8 guns. Then I want to keep the Cosmoline from drying out. So would putting the guns coated in cosmoline into trash bags suffice?
>>
>>34647501
I don't think you're understanding.

Get naked with your bare metal guns and roll around all nasty like with the cosmoline. Get it in every groove. Use a bath tub if you must. It'll be an enjoyable experience for all parties involved.
GAREawwnnTEED
>>
>>34647556
That really does sound like a great time, but I don't have 2 grand to waste on Cosmoline.

Has nobody on this board preserved their guns before?
>>
File: 20170601_235547-585x1040.jpg (166KB, 585x1040px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_235547-585x1040.jpg
166KB, 585x1040px
I would guess a gallon would do 8 guns.

Rather than trash bags, buy a vacuum sealer then return it when your done. Vacuum sealing fucking rocks.
>>
>>34646046
>cut hole in bottom of shed
>dig 4' into said hole
>store items in waterproof case at bottom
>refill hole with dirt
>pour concrete over soil between ground/shed
>replace hole cut in floor
>put heavy ass location appropriate materials over cache
>never tell a soul about cache
>wait till 2076, dig up
>glorious anniversary
>remain free
>>
>>34649026
Where can I rent a vacuum sealer that is capable of sealing objects as large as a 24" barrel Mossberg 500 or M16A1 replica rifle? Or if I can't rent one which store has a kick ass return policy?
>>34649151
If you read the thread I can't do that because I am renting a shed. Even if I owned my own land I couldn't do that because I live on the FL coast and if you dig a few feet you hit water. If I actually had a place or the means the bury the guns I would have done that instead.
>>
>>34646046
right here OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQUSkn-A7Ok

heavy duty plastic/mylar bags
seal the end with ordinary kitchen counter top food saver vacuum bag sealer
>>
>>34649188
Literally go to your nearest inner city diversified neighborhood and make friends with some upstanding african Americans.
Let them know the situation you're in and ask if they will safeguard and look after your precious weapons for an indefinite amount of time. See if they would go out of their way for you and the dividends will pay out. I know it's a long shot, but they might be willing to take care of your stuff and imagine how this could help clear your whole dilemma up.
Just a though bro.
>>
>>34649223
Fuck yeah. Thanks anon!

So you just put your guns in the bag and that shit sucks all the air out?
>>
>>34649188

Vacuum dealers come with a roll of plastic, you make the bags as long as you need, you could seal something 6 feet long if you wanted to.

Wal mart would probably work, honestly.
>>
>>34649498
Sick, so I can vacuum seal myself.

Would there be any problems vacuum sealing a bag with a gun stuffed full of Cosmoline inside?
>>
>>34649569

Yeah, punctures. The bags are thickish plastic, but if you handle it too much a sharp edge could punch a hole.

Wrap the gun in cloth or wax paper or parchment paper (silicone) first. Just make sure it's totally dry too.

I also don't know what solvents are in cosmoline, that might be a factor. Probably last a few years even with that if left well alone.
>>
>>34649602
Okay so stuff it full of Cosmoline, wrap it in parchment paper, seal it in a bag and store it?
>>
>>34646046
If you value your guns you will not leave it in such a poor storage condition. Give them to your parents in the very least ffs.

Cosmoline is good for when you have millions of guns that you don't care too much about, but not when you actually want to preserve something.
>>
File: 1431979974767.png (158KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
1431979974767.png
158KB, 640x438px
>>34649569
No joke I used to fuck a dude who used to wiggle into a body condom and then vacuum seal in as a bondage thing. It was super hot, he couldn't move at all.
>mfw he got all nervous and told me about it
>>
File: I_am_often.jpg (45KB, 570x385px) Image search: [Google]
I_am_often.jpg
45KB, 570x385px
>>34649752
Why are you so intent on using cosmoline? I'm sure there's better stuff to use, and You might not need anything at all, honestly. What's the deal? Did you already buy cosmoline? Be honest, you did, didn't you?
>>
>>34651058
Christ, I would panic hard in something like that.
>>
>>34651183
He only got the ones that came up to his neck, and would usually wear a gag/blindfold with it, and usually some kind of vibe taped to the end of his dick. If he felt like just teasing himself he'd tuck his junk between his legs so it couldn't get hard.

It was weird, his roommate was straight, they never did anything at all, but he'd come shut off the vacuum and then let him out after a set period, and it was just normal, like "yeah sure man, just helping out my bro,". I put a stop to that.
>>
>>34649498
You're giving off some serial killer vibes there dude
>>
>>34651250

I guess I forgot to mention they're only like 12" wide, I didn't mean a body, more just that any gun you could possibly think of is vacuum-sealable
>>
>>34651167
No. Although it looks like I can just vacuum seal them and skip all the cosmoline, no?
>>
>>34652795
I'm pretty sure all the cosmoline is doing is providing a coating from the air right? so if you vacuum seal it there won't be any air to worry about. I've never stored my funs for long periods of time though so I'm not entirely sure.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.