[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chambering before bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: 07290-004.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
07290-004.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
Is it a good idea to keep your bedside handgun locked and loaded at night, even if you live alone? I'm worried I could roll over and slap my fingers through my trigger guard while sleeping and kill my neighbor.
>>
File: 1500720999762.gif (1MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1500720999762.gif
1MB, 400x226px
>>34641843
Keep it in a holster dumbass.
>>
>>34641843
Get a p64. No way in hell you'll pull that trigger by accident
>>
>>34641843
I don't. Not that I think it's unsafe or that there aren't safety measures you can take beforehand like if you have a double action like mine you can just let the hammer down. It just makes me uncomfortable knowing my gun is hot.
>>
>>34641894
Walther PPX here. If I had a PPQ with the safety trigger I wouldn't have needed to make this thread.

>>34641868
Unholstering takes longer than pulling back the slide you fuckwit
>>
>>34641843
Handgun?
>>
I mean I keep a carbine next to my bed which works way better
>>
>>34641963
I agree with the holster idea. Find a way to attatch a holster to your bed frame or the top of your nightstand or whatever. Having it in a holster that is attached to something will keep you from fumbling for it when you really need it and give you peace of mind
>>
>>34641843
>sleeping with muzzle up
Golo confirmed amateur.
>>
>>34641843

You have never been the victim of a home invasion. You will never be the victim of a home invasion. Keeping a gun within reach of your bed is a bigger hazard to you than to any hypothetical invader.
>>
>>34643528
>Keeping a gun within reach of your bed is a bigger hazard to you than to any hypothetical invader.
no it isn't fagit ive been doing it since 13/14.] yo.
>>34641843
>Is it a good idea to keep your bedside handgun locked and loaded at night, even if you live alone?
yeah. why the fuck would you keep your gun unloaded? all pistols in my house are hot while all rifles are mag in, empty chamber so if I need one I just have to rack the ch.
I also do this >>34641868
>>
>>34641843
I keep mine loaded with a mag, empty chamber, safety on. It doesn't take long to chamber a round and take the safety off.
>>
>>34641963
No it doesn't.
>>
dont do it, youll end up sleepshooting
>>
File: moe.png (115KB, 394x345px) Image search: [Google]
moe.png
115KB, 394x345px
>>34641963
>Unholstering takes longer than pulling back the slide you fuckwit
>>
>>34643542
you forgot your trip, callum
>>
>>34644025
>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person
kek. fuck off fag. what's it like being too pussy to keep a loaded weapon under your pillow?
>>
File: TG.jpg (103KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
TG.jpg
103KB, 900x900px
This is the answer that you seek.
>>
File: IMG_0278.jpg (117KB, 602x915px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
117KB, 602x915px
>>34641843
I sleep with my Glock with one in the chamber next to my pillow. I also live in the hood while finishing school and had a friend killed in a home invasion so not taking s chance.
>>
>>34645448
Any old fags got screenshots of the anon who's glock frame broke and caused a round to discharge next to his bed?
>>
>>34645448
whats this cap from?
>>
>>34641843
I love Golgo 13 but Duke Togo is such a fucking terrible character.
>>
>>34643528
>Keeping a gun within reach of your bed is a bigger hazard to you than to any hypothetical invader.

I know exactly what you're thinking.

>Y-you're more likely to use the gun on yourself!

But this is an ecological fallacy.

So while I agree that OP is unlikely to be the victim of a home invasion, I think this talking point that you're trying to push is retarded and you should know better.
>>
>>34641963
Then leave a round unchambered since it sounds like you have it all figured out and only looking for self validation from others.
>>
File: 1500911324543.jpg (235KB, 650x505px) Image search: [Google]
1500911324543.jpg
235KB, 650x505px
the only way I can sleep at night , finger on the trigger.
if your not trained , do it while pointing it to your head.
man up or bitch out.
>>
>>34645602
Some documentary where that Chinese guy goes to Africa and basically calls them all fuckwits for getting rid of white people. Not sure of the name
>>
Get a pistol with a manual safety, not a Glock. Or, keep it in a holster if it doesn't have a manual safety. And put it on a nightstand, not your bed.
>>
>>34645649
>But this is an ecological fallacy.
You think a small number of gun owners are shooting themselves more than once and skewing the data?
>>
>chambering a round when you think theres a bad motherfucker in your house
good way make your position known
leave it decocked or in a holster
>>
>>34645602
>>34645708
Empire of Dust
>>
>>34645741
>You think a small number of gun owners are shooting themselves more than once and skewing the data?

That's not what an ecological fallacy is. You're making inferences about an individual from aggregate statistical data.

e.g. the majority of successful suicides (only around 5% of total attempts per year) are by gun, thus an individual who owns a gun is more likely to use it on themselves.

It's a common argument from anti-gunners.
>>
>>34645771
I forgot to add: in this case the individual is OP.
>>
>>34641868

Seems like this would solve the problem of potentially using the gun by mistake. Unless you have some really weird sleep walking thing going on where you clear the house in your sleep.
>>
>>34644095
I was referring to the incomprehensible way you type
>fagit
>ive
>13/14.] yo.
>rack the ch
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (94KB, 800x607px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
94KB, 800x607px
>>34642320
I sleep with the muzzle up, but that's because I sleep with my head towards the center of the room. When I need to shoot at something I just roll over an fire from a prone position on top of my bed using my pillow a support and the bed sheets as camouflage to break up my silhouette.
>>
>>34645260
>I make these
>They're kinda awesome
I carry around my 19 in my backpack hot with one on, it'll never be a problem

≥I'll sell ya one for 3.50
>>
holsters and thumb safeties. Why would it be better to keep it chambered if you're living with other people?
>>
>>34645820
>not knowing ch is an acronymm
fuxking retard. get of /k/
>>
>>34645741
>You think a small number of gun owners are shooting themselves more than once
I wouldn't put it past them.
>>
>>34643528

I've been a victim of home invasion. Home invasions are pretty common, at about over two million break ins a year. You're clearly retarded.
>>
>>34641843
As long as you're not sleeping with it in the bed like fuckingg James Bond it's fine. I basically never unload my handgun and keep my AR loaded by my bedside so I can just grab it if need be. I haven't come close to the trigger, just use a safety/ holster if you have it
>>
>>34645771
Exactly. In fact legal firearm owners and their households are about 25% safer than non gun owners.
The ecological fallacy turns on the fact that suicide risk does not change withing cohorts due to gun ownership, if all manner are considered, and the vast majority of other lethal violence victims are themselves criminals.
Households with firearms are safer than those without - unless the firearm belongs to drug dealer, gang member or criminal
>>
>>34643528
Gun owners prevent 500,000 to three million crimes per year.
>>
When i do do that do i usually go with an empty chamber, loaded mag, safety on. Typically under a pillow on my massive bed.

I woke up sleep punching one time(hospital, disturbed sleep pattern etc.) and don't want to wake up sleep shooting one night.

One time i woke up
>>
what I do is I have my bedroom on the 2nd floor of the house and when I go to sleep I barricade the door with multiple dead bolt locks and a chair against the door knob. It'll be some time before a would be home invader was able to bust into my room. I have a loaded gun under my bed in a locked container so no one fucks with it. I also have an IBA with soft inserts and ceramic plates. I use an IBA for home defense armor because I can throw it on every quickly. It goes on like a jacket. I also have a Kevlar helmet with a IIIa face shield on the top shelf of my closet so I can throw that on to. Now I'm ready to face whatever or whoever has invaded my house. You're right sleeping with a loaded gun is a way bigger hazard than trying to be that much more ready for a would be robber. Better to barricade your bed room door so you have more time to get to your weapon and or armor should you hear a commotion in your house late at night.
>>
>>34648001
You're a fucking madman, but also pretty smart.
>>
>>34646315
Does your master know that his doggo is playing with his guns and using his computer to post on internet message board?
>>
>people so irrationally afraid of a tool that they don't leave it ready to use for defence because it might go off by magic
if you dont pull the trigger it isnt going to fire. stop being retarded faggots about it
>>
>>34647946
>One time i woke up

????
>>
>>34645710
>ever using a mechanical safety
ishiggydiggy
>>
>>34645761
>not riding the forward assist home when beginning oper8ions
>>
>>34641843
>>34641963
>>34642100

Use something like https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/blackhawk-bedside-holster-ambidextrous-size-universal-fit-black-648018003950.do
You're golden as long as the fun's accessible but the trigger guard is covered, anon
>>
>>34641843
I keep my AK loaded by my bedside all the time, just don't play with your shit
>>
>>34648001
>he doesn't bar his windows
Mad men with ladders exist
>>
>>34646608
Nice try Nessy, I ain't givin you shit!
>>
>>34641868
This.
>>
File: Ithaca37.jpg (39KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ithaca37.jpg
39KB, 720x960px
>>34641843
if its not locked and loaded then its a paper weight with potential.

>pic related my HDG.
>>
>>34643528
>you will never be the victim of a home invasion
where is this magical land
>>
>>34643528
>Keeping a gun within reach of your bed is a bigger hazard to you than to any hypothetical invader
t. anti-gun meme
>>
>>34641843
My gun's locked in a handgun safe tethered to my bed. Before I go to sleep I unlock it and place it under my pillow, so if the need arises I can quickly access it. However, since it's secured by my bodyweight I won't ND my face off while I sleep.
>>
>>34641963

>Unholstering takes longer than pulling back the slide you fuckwit

Typical Walther kid. Shoots one box of Hornady match grade through his gun, talks about how wonderful and reliable it is for the next 10 years.

Train more, be less stupid.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.