[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

armor thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: $_1.JPG.jpg (36KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.JPG.jpg
36KB, 400x359px
post your man-stopper stoppers
>>
>>34641045
they believe you were a pmc and sell you the inserts?

i have an iba, otv, and a bunch of frag vests i'm too lazy to take pictures of.
>>
I bought some level 3 plates on ebay a while back
I have zero idea if they would actually work as they are generic and without labeling
Is there a way to determine authenticity/effectiveness without actually shooting them?
>>
>>34641194
nope, fucking leafs
i managed to get my buddy in the local PD to give me a bunch of IIIa kevlar so now the suit is level IIIa

front plate will be made from steel and is in progress

I also have a bunch of old rare RBR Tactical Flex 35's. They were made in limited qualities in the early 2000's and were sold to AF security and our SWAT team, apparently. I'll post a thread about those this Friday when I get home.

>>34641223
Are they ceramic or steel?
>>
>>34641045
What is it with companies outright refusing to sell to private consumers?
You're literally waving money in their face and they go "hehe no way lol"
>>
File: 2017-07-19_12.43.24.jpg (306KB, 798x950px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-19_12.43.24.jpg
306KB, 798x950px
>>34641292
here's their email to me
>>
>>34641279
steel
>>
>>34641292
>>34641306
just imagine a scenario where the robber wears a full bomb suit going juggernait and the police has no way of stopping them but they suffer casualities due to lack of protection
>>
>>34641536
EOD suits don't provide much ballistic protection, mostly just fragmentation/shrapnel or what have you
>>
>>34641605
insert plates and a higher end suit would give enough protection I suppose, correct me if Im wrong
>>
>>34641292
I know some states have it so that felons can't purchase body armor
I suppose they don't want to go through the hassle
>>
>>34641536
Look up the Hollywood shootout from late 90s.
Did not involve an EOD suit, but still

>>34641644
it'd be much more practical to just get a proper full-body armor, like IOTV with extra arm and leg pieces + a pointman style ballistic helmet with visor.

That being said, coppers carry five-five-sixers in their trunk just to counter these heavy-armor thugs.
>>
>>34641536
>robber wears a full bomb suit going juggernait
EOD suits cost thousands, and going juggernaut will just be useless as you're just a tinier killdozer/north hollywood that's much easier to capture
>>
>>34641483
they're probably level III/III+ alone and level IV when worn with IIIa soft body armor.

>>34641644
this is what I did, and somehow it's lighter than the bomb armor
>>
>>34643756
Cuz the bomb armor is bulky specifically to absorb a large force across your whole body anddddd fragments whereas the bullet stopper is compact to stop concentrated force.
>>
File: 1500765757394-k.jpg (36KB, 640x750px) Image search: [Google]
1500765757394-k.jpg
36KB, 640x750px
>>34641536
>>34641306
SHALL
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.