[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ approved pocket guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: 1492915751179.jpg (47KB, 514x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492915751179.jpg
47KB, 514x480px
Considering the Ruger LCPll for $320. Is it a fair deal? What other guns should I look at?
>>
>>34637280
I keep eyeing the Remington RM380, ambidextrous and felt comfy as fuck, it's a polymer gun based off of a metal performance pistol from the manufacture Remington bought.
>>
>>34637280

I was set on the LCP2 until I learned it doesn't have a drop safety or firing pin block like almost every other modern semiauto. I'm looking at a small pocket revolver for carry now, like the Ruger LCR.
>>
>>34637308
>I'm looking at a small pocket revolver for carry now, like the Ruger LCR.

Don't. I fell for the pocket revolver meme, and I regret it.

>unable to get a full grip if you have medium-to-large sized hands
>light weight and short grips makes gun harder to control and more difficult to shoot
>>
>>34637430
>>unable to get a full grip if you have medium-to-large sized hands
How is this any different from a LCP or Bodyguard?
>>
>>34637280
You can get an LCPII online for $240. Where I live, there isn't a single brick and mortar store trying to get more than about $280 for them. So, $340 is a pretty shit deal, but the difference may not matter too much to you.

IMO, the LCP II is a pretty good carry gun. The original LCP was fine, but the trigger was dogshit and the grip was really small. With the better trigger and fatter/longer grip, the gun has now become a valid IWB carry pistol. Recoil is very manageable and the sights are usable. My one complaint is that the rear of the grip is more squared off compared to other pistols, which doesn't really affect shooting, but feels a bit weird compared to what I'd expect. Once you get used to it, it's not a big deal, but it really isn't an ergonomic sort of design and I don't know why Ruger did it that way.

>>34637308
>until I learned it doesn't have a drop safety or firing pin block
This is a retarded new critique I've been seeing on gun forums. The original LCP didn't have a FPB either, but it and the LCP II are both drop safe. Ruger uses a titanium firing pin and a fairly strong firing pin spring. It isn't going to go off when dropped on the muzzle from normal human height distances. If you think otherwise, find me all the reports of accidental discharges from LCPs being dropped.
>>
>>34637452

They say it on their fucking website that they don't recommend carrying it chambered.

"We want to remind gun users that, for maximum safety when carrying any pistol with a loaded magazine in place, the chamber should be empty, and the slide should be closed"

wtf

http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/
>>
>>34637449
I'm not recommending those guns.

Just saying a pocket revolver is no better.
>>
>>34637484
You've GOT to be trolling now, right?
>"LCP2 isn't drop safe" -You
>Your proof: Ruger issued a free retrofit to old LCP1's manufactured prior to 2008
This is a company that still stamps safety information on the barrel or frame of all their guns, and includes recall information related to Blackhawks manufactured in like the early 70s in the manual of every gun they produce. Whether the pre-2008 LCPs actually had an issue or Ruger was just being proactive is totally irrelevant. The LCP II wasn't produced prior to 2016 so they were never affected by this recall. Suck on a cock.
>>
>>34637449
Not him, but probably because those semi-autos aren't chambered for .357 magnum. I got a S&W 442 recently and even .38 special is pretty snappy and can get painful relatively quickly. Semi-autos have a big advantage over revolvers of being able to mitigate a recoil impulse, making them easier to shoot.

Plus, you've got a ton of extra weight and length in a "pocket revolver" compared to semi-autos. They really don't make a lot of sense anymore.
>>
>>34637499
Pocket revolver is better. All small guns are hard to shoot well without a lot of practice, but a small revolver is way easier to manipulate and will not have issues with variance in ammo or magazines or any of the other problems that can malf a small pistol. Also you can shoot that fucker while it's still in your pocket. Can't do that with an auto.

Also .38+P > any .380.
>>
>>34637553
>get painful relatively quickly

Pocket guns aren't range toys to go run 500rds out of in an afternoon. Carried a lot...shot a little...Training for anything beyond bad breath range with a pocket gun is fucking larping anyway.
>>
>>34637598
>easier to manipulate
What does that mean? The revolver has no real controls that need to be "manipulated" to fire the gun. Neither does a gun like the LCP. So this is totally irrelevant.

>variance in ammo or magazines
What? If you think revolvers can't get jammed up from a bullet jumping crimp or a primer popping out, then I wonder if you've ever even shot one. What do you think is happening to magazines? A magazine in good repair isn't going to cause any issues in a semi-auto, like like properly crimped ammo isn't going to cause any issues in a revolver.

>Also you can shoot that fucker while it's still in your pocket.
This, and the fact that all revolvers are stand-off capable, are about the only real advantages over a semi-auto that I can think of that they would have for concealed-carry.
>>
>>34637619
Wow. So many excuses in such a short post.
>>
>>34637639
And your're making my point...the revolver is simplicity itself to operate you got one control. Get a jam with that tiny auto and see how easy it is to manipulate that tiny slide. I watched some old fucker at the range just last week struggle to clear a misfeed in his LCP. Fucker flagged half the range trying to clear it. I was thinking "that old guy is fucked if he's betting his life on that tiny gun."

I've been shooting for 30+years I've never seen a revolver round jump crimp. I have had autos jam. Not saying the reverse never happens and the revolver jams and the auto won't...just my personal experience.
>>
File: mde.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mde.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
Anyone here own a micro desert eagle? I'm thinking of getting one at some point in the future since I like the idea of being able to carry a gun that's the size of a phone. From what I've seen, it's pretty great for a .380 pocket gun.
>>
>>34637677
I'm not going to re-litigate revolvers vs. semi-autos in this thread, especially with someone who thinks a single cherry-picked example is valid to prove a point. History has already chosen a winner and it's not the revolver.

If you can find any evidence that the LCP II is not drop safe, present it. Otherwise, go troll other threads.
>>
>>34637709
Only negative I've heard was that they are too expensive to carry, at around $700 new; however, on Slickguns, it looks like the last street price was around $450, which isn't terrible. I don't see them in stock anywhere, though. Probably a few on Gunbroker, but I don't feel like searching right now.
>>
File: bullpup pistol wang replacement.png (142KB, 703x843px) Image search: [Google]
bullpup pistol wang replacement.png
142KB, 703x843px
I am more looking at the Bond BullPup9. 9mm in pocket.. you'd want it.
>>
>>34637821
Good luck clearing malfunctions.
>>
>>34637833
only on non-crimped ammunition.
>>
>>34637720
>History has already chosen a winner

Lawls you getting feels now anon. Yeah if you wanna talk holster guns no one can argue that for damn near every situation the auto is superior. I EDC a G19 myself. Once you get into the realm of the pocket gun things are different. There are lots of good reasons so many small revolvers are still made and sold. And trying to suggest that the "science is settled" about some fuck small jam-o-matic auto being superior to a small revolver....well you are looking a little clown shoes there bro.
>>
>>34637619
People can smell your bad breath for more than 20 feet away?

You have issues bro.
>>
File: [2017.06.05_00.58.41].jpg (53KB, 543x520px) Image search: [Google]
[2017.06.05_00.58.41].jpg
53KB, 543x520px
>>34637878
>holster guns vs. pocket guns
>suggesting that pocket guns don't need a holster
>>
>>34637709
Same capacity as LCP but 3 times as much money and heavier/thicker. Not to mention the tiny ported barrel gives you something like 700 FPS which means you are limited to FMJ since hollow points in 380 already have trouble expanding at 900+. It's a neat gun but if I owned one I'd still carry my LCP.
>>
File: Curvy McShooty.png (618KB, 943x643px) Image search: [Google]
Curvy McShooty.png
618KB, 943x643px
>>34637929
I use a clip on mine in waist band, but keep in pocket when feeling the need to. Long trigger pull helps. No need for holsters.
>>
>>34638096
That's incredibly dangerous and irresponsible to the safety of people around you.
>>
>>34638141
Seeing how it points down and I dont have 1 in the chamber I doubt that. Teaching yourself to rack on pull is vital. A round in the chamber on any weapon that can pulled on you in surprise close quarters is outright dangerous. Now the whole while you need 2 hands is wrong, I can rack with 1, but if I am that close, pulling is not the best option.
>>
>>34638172
You carry a Taurus Curve.
>>
>>34637280

>that gun

fuck off vito you fat cock sucker
>>
>>34638178
Yes, It is lighter than my Glock 26, has light and laser if needed, 6 rnd mag, never had a malfunction or feeding issue, curves to body or ankle (yeah, I admit I got ankle holster for that). Honestly love it, best purchase ever.
>>
>>34638228
You carry a Taurus Curve.
>>
>>34638172
how do you one hand rack with no sights?
>>
>>34638272
Yeah that took some figuring out as well. Tip on thumb the upper part where your grip on the handle is, top slide does have some grip but trick is once you got a solid grip on top with 3-4 fingers push HARD in with the thumb. Dont use the top to move, move the base of the curve instead and have the fingers hold on for dear life.
>>
>>34638272
Again, 1 hand racking is NOT suggested in situations. If your other hand is being used for other reasons, pulling a firearm in close quarters and losing the use of 1/2 your body may not be the best solution.

If you have a shield, beer or something else it works perfect. Then is something I suggest you work on getting good at. Not all guns can be done like this, some fight back to hard or need a solid full pull back to load correctly.
>>
>>34638141
hardly an argument and no citation to back up your wang
>>
>>34638556
>carrying without a holster
Fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_0367.jpg (828KB, 2902x2050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0367.jpg
828KB, 2902x2050px
>>34637280
You can find them for much cheaper
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ruger-lcp-ii-semi-automatic-380-acp-275-barrel-61-rounds?a=2136148

I like mine. It conceals super well well. I can't make it print if I wanted to. I like pocket carrying a lot. It's pretty accurate at self defense distances, and the sights are really nice especially once they are painted orange. It's really easy to shoot one handed too. My problem with it is that if I shoot anything other than federal hydroshock low recoil JHP (my carry ammo) it becomes physically painful to shoot after about 30 rounds. I don't really like carrying a gun that i don't train extensively with. If I were to do it again I'd save up a little more and get a Kahr or a Sig P938, but for the price and the size I'd say the LCPII is still a decent gun. It allows me to be armed 100% of the time. I can't always strap on my Glock 19 without risk of printing (especially at the gym or at work) but there is never an excuse not to slip my LCP II into my pocket before I walk out of the house. It is still a "better than nothing" gun though, not a primary carry gun.
>>
>>34637280
I want a seecamp very badly

Also looking into colt 1908 vest pistol and the baby brown
>>
I really like my G 43.
>>
>>34638141
Do you say that to people who consume meat and pharmaceuticals because those are leading killers globally.

Death by ND is less common than lightning strikes and peanut allergies.
>>
>>34638796
The meat on somebody else's plate can't shoot me when the faggot goes to try to pick it up.
>>
>>34638839
There are still more people having heart attacks while driving on the freeway every day. Much much worse odds of surviving getting side swiped by Billy Bypass mid heart attack.
>>
>>34638872
Come on. Be serious now.
>>
File: serveimage.png (23KB, 622x472px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
23KB, 622x472px
>>34638893
I'm super duper cerial.
>>
>>34638918
As we all know those firearms deaths are half suicides so.... I win.
>>
>>34638872
Why don't you do some safety, Dennis?
>>
>>34638918
If you can't participate in a conversation at an adult level, then please just fuck off.
>>
Is the Keltec p32 /k/ approved?
>>
>>34638936
Keltec is shit on nearly everytime it gets mentioned here. Check youtube reviews before you ask here.
>>
>>34638951
I only ask because I've heard some keltec products shit on on YouTube or elsewhere but the p32/p3at/pm9 generally get praised. Never seen those pistols mentioned here though so I was curious.
>>
File: Ruger-LC9s-compact.jpg (47KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-LC9s-compact.jpg
47KB, 661x496px
Here, take this OP.

LC9s Pro.
>>
>>34638928
>>34638926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h60KFYocdcQ
>>
>>34637821
>7.5lbs trigger pull
might as well be shooting DAO revolver
>>
>>34639255
Spotted the nogunz
7.5# is pretty nice for DAO, and 7-9 LBS is a happy medium between safety and reliability.
Most revolvers I have are in the 9-15# range on DA.
>>
>>34637280

Worst hit in the series. Not only is it obviously a fake gun, I still don't know how Jackie Jr. didn't notice that fat faggot waddling towards him on an empty street. There was literally nothing there for him to hide his vast girth behind.
>>
sig p238 or 938
>>
File: IMG_0802.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0802.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>34637280
Bonus points if you know who was whacked from this scene in the Sopranos.
>>
File: Sport-pool-cue-icon.png (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Sport-pool-cue-icon.png
10KB, 256x256px
>>34639714
Hey, it wasn't the first time Vito took someone by surprise from behind ;^)
>>
>>34639853
>>34639714
>>
>>34638212
Kek

I loved how he waddled away
>>
>>34639874
Kek

>>34639886
Oh shit

Best whack in the series though is when old man Baccala gets his last kill. The look on his face is fucking demonic/ priceless
>>
>>34637280
Hey guys I just rented out an LCP II and fucking hated it. Are there any other micro 380s/ 32s you recommend for a BUG?

It needs to be extremely well suited for pocket carry, as I will be using it when I can't legally bring my USP.
>>
>>34639929
What did you not like? If it was just the kick, you can fix that with ammo designed for smaller guns. Most little guns are going to be snappy and not much fun to shoot.
>>
>>34639607
This

A 7.5 pound SA pull would suck, but because the weight on a DA trigger is distributed through a lot of travel, it would be pretty nice
>>
>>34638705
OP here. Very helpful post, man. I'm in the same boat pretty much. I carry my Glock 19 everyday, but I can't risk having it print or come untucked when I go back to college. I'm not looking for anything more than a super concealable, super reliable backup gun. I think you and other anons said it best; it's not great for a day at the range, but it will get the job done in a self defense situation.
>>
File: 2017-07-23 21.24.59.jpg (3MB, 1676x2981px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-23 21.24.59.jpg
3MB, 1676x2981px
>>34640068
Different anon here. I back everything that the other guy said, especially the portability. It's so easy to slip in your pocket on the way out. I used to cc a g19 but since I got the LCP II, it's all I carry.
>>
File: s683809880824851470_p60_i2_w2048.jpg (387KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
s683809880824851470_p60_i2_w2048.jpg
387KB, 2048x1152px
>>34641092
I too have an LCP II. I carry it in a Boraii holster. There are two things a first time mousegunner needs to know. First these guns kick a lot compared to larger guns because there is so little mass to help absorb the recoil. Secondly since the recoil is so strong and short. They are easy to limp wrist or to allow the gun to pivot in your hand causing feeding issues. A lot of guys who have experience shooting larger guns and have no experience with a mousegun will blame the gun for a lot of their problems. There is about a 50 to 100 round learning curve.
>>
>>34641773
I have one of these holsters on order for a Bodyguard. I pocket carry everywhere. That's the best reason for pocket carry. You never need to no to. First rule, use a holster. Second rule, nothing else in the pocket. I like Mountain brand pants. They have inner and outer pockets on the right side. Gun goes in inner, one car key and lighter go in outer to help break up any printing of the gun.
>>
>>34638212
It's a joke!
>>
>>34637452
Thought they had a reversible rear grip
>>
>>34637553

>.38 special hurts.

Holy fuck you're a pussy. .38+p out of airweights isnt shit.
>>
>>34637720

>history already picked a winner

I bet you think the Holocaust happened as well huh?
>>
>>34638212
Vito spitafore is an ass muncher!
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.