[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"You need to put a box of your defensive ammunition through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1404.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Does anyone actually do that? Does ANY quality gun made after 1985 ever malfunction with quality JHP rounds? Does this happen to anyone?
>>
>>34636223
Bump
>>
There is literally no good reason not to practice with the shit you intend to use.
>>
>>34636223
Sometimes guns won't feed properly or won't feed with certain ammo. You might as well shoot a couple magazines and find out, instead of just blindly trusting it'll work.
>>
>Does this happen to anyone?

That's why you do it, to make sure it isn't going to happen to you.
>>
>>34636223
Yes dumbass. Fucking retard. I hope your rip rounds rip a new asshole in your gun and never chamber.
>>
Do it more for training. Defensive ammo is typically more powerful than range fmj.
Follow-ups with more recoil are obviously harder than range ammo.
You need to function with what you use
>>
>>34636223
>Yes. Only a poorfag would think a $40 box of HPs is a "waste."
>Yes, especially guns poorfags own.
>Does what happen? Being told you're a dipshit because you're too poor to shoot a box of HP through your gun to test it? No. I'm not poor.
>>
>>34636223
Do you check the brakes before buying a car?
>>
I don't agree with dumping 200-500 rounds of what you intend to carry like all these YT operators suggest.. But there's no reason not to put at least a mag or two through it.
>>
Yeah, I had a Springfield 1911 I needed to sell because it would FTE on any type of ammo even with nice Wilson Combat magazines.
>>
>>34636246
Yep. My step dad and I went shooting a little while ago, and his hand loaded 9mm cartridges were loaded too low to cycle the action on his CZ. It went through his Colt just fine, but the CZ simply would not cycle.
>>
>>34636223
you don't necessarily need to make sure the gun "cycles" per say, but get an idea of how it groups etc.

For example my Walther likes Federal but Hornady won't group well through it.
>>
>>34636481
You forgot to mention during an SD situation where your adrenaline will be through the roof, felt recoil will be less than shooting calmly at the range.

OP i do agree with just putting some through your carry gun, but i wouldnt worry too much if you carry a newer firearm. I carry a g23, and when i buy new SD ammo, about every 3 months i shoot and cycle it out, i dont bother shooting the new stuff because i know it will work. I shoot 155gr JHP, all different makes and it all shoots perfect, everytime.
>>
>>34636223
Yeah I put at minimum a couple hundred rounds but I also don't fall for the stupid JHP meme.
>>
>>34637016
Same with a Kimber. Least reliable gun I've ever owned.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.