[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 762x39125spbrownbear-20-02_1.jpg (58KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
762x39125spbrownbear-20-02_1.jpg
58KB, 420x420px
So i bought this ammo for my SKS and was told only the casing is steel. Now i can't shoot steel-core rounds at my range.

just to be safe i brought the box in before my guns and asked the RSO if i could shoot this and he was a huge dick and said absolutely not and that it was steel core.

For the life of me i can't figure out what the bullet is made of, but i was told by the guy at the ammo store that i should be able to shoot this at a no steel range
>>
>>34635292
shoot it anyways breh fuk the rso
>>
>>34635293
yo listen ta this nigga breh fuk rules
>>
Op if you wanna be sure, pull a round from the case and chop it with a hacksaw, bring in said round to RSO
>>
>>34635303
>>34635293
i hole hardedly agree niggas fuk the rso fuk rules we different people by tha way
>>
>>34635293
>>34635303
>>34635308

yaeah brehs its so fuggin weird how we like talkin the same n shit niggas btw fuk the rso and fuk tha rules niggas
>>
File: dracogocrazylikewaco.jpg (144KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
dracogocrazylikewaco.jpg
144KB, 1000x666px
>>34635321
>>34635308
>>34635303
>>34635293

dis now a draco thread. what yall niggas think of tha draco?
>>
>>34635292
It says SP on the box. SP = soft-point, meaning that the LEAD core is exposed at the front of the bullet to facilitate expansion.
>>
>>34635334
breh the draco is a fukin beast niga i shot up all dem niggaz with the fuckin draco like shit niggaz
>>
>>34635334
>34635334
fuck nigga dont make me pull of dat draco nigga FUK nigga
>>
>>34635340
>>34635334
breh yall niggaz smart n shiet i love my fukkin draco niggaz
>>
>>34635334
>>34635321
god damnit can someone just answer the question. they are magnetic on casing and bullet. so does that mean they are steel cored?
>>
>https://www.uspsa.org/front-sight-magazine-article.php?Should-I-Buy-BiMetal-Ammo-8
>tl;dr
RO has the discretion to make up whatever he wants to, right or wrong. buy different ammo ro find a new place to shoot
>>
>>34635338
whys it magnetic then? from jacket or plating?
>>
>>34635347
if yall just shot a muhfuggin draco yall wouldnt have dis problem breh
>>
File: XLdZC76.jpg (71KB, 568x720px) Image search: [Google]
XLdZC76.jpg
71KB, 568x720px
>>34635334
Shit breh, niggas round here know if day trip, we finna buss wit dat draco. Don't come round here breh if you aint reppin bruh. Niggas finna get clapped breh.
>>
>>34635292
Just put a magnet up to it. Or what >>34635306
said
>>
>>34635415
i did put a magnet to it and it does stick, but others are saying that could be a nickel plating on the jacket. i mean the tips of the bullets are lead..
>>
>>34635446
Or it has a steel core.
>>
>>34635292
OP, I think all the shitposting is because you're a dumbass for going to some fudd RO for any kind of I formation about anything, and with a two minute web search, you'll see brown bear isn't steel fucking core.
>>
>>34635400
fuk yeh breh we riding we rolling we fukin rokin dis shit like shit niggas
>>
>>34635465
god shut the fuck up. you arnt even funny. go back to /pol/
>>
>>34635446
Alot of cheaper 7.62x39 ammunition uses bi metal jacket.
The core is lead but the jacket is an alloy including soft steel with a thin plating of copper. Meaning your magnet is attracted to the bimetal jacket.
Steel core ammunition is no longer imported due to government and only found in some surplus ammo and the Norinco (Chinese) ammo.
If you want copper jacketed ammo look at Golden Tiger ammunition as SGammo.Com
>>
>>34635488
MY DRACO GO CRAZY LIKE WACO
MY DRACO GO CRAZY LIKE WACO (HEY OH)
YO NIGGA WHATS THE SITCH?
DIS SHITS GOIN DOWN LIKE RUBY RIDGE
MY DRACO GO CRAZY LIKE WACO
MY DRACO GO CRAZY LIKE WACO (HEY OH)
>>
Jesus it must be summer.

This is literally the easiest question i've ever seen on /k/ to answer, and there are 22 replies with nothing. Almost all russian ammo has a bi-metal jacket. There is a lead core, and a thin layer of copper washed steel on top. It is not steel core, but it may spark on some bullet stops.
>>
>>34635500
this is the only correct answer in this shitshow of a thread. they won't let you shoot magnetic ammo at the range because it can spark and ignite the unburnt powder and other residue that accumulates on the backstop.
>>
>>34635527
so should i go back to the range and explain that its not steelcored? there signs specifically say "no steel CORE" didnt mention the jackets.

is it worth a try, the RSO said the bullet was steel core and it seems he was wrong, but i dont want to piss them off.
>>
>>34635519
Please tell me that's from a real song. If not, you got sick bars my nigga.
>>
>>34635550
He probably won't let you shoot it.

In my experience RSO's tend to be retarded.
>>
>>34635556
100% ORIGINAL NIGGA
>>
>>34635292
Technically its "bi metal" refers to the bullet itself, not steel case as steel cases themselves don't do shit. However bi metal bullets can cause a spark and potentially ignite powder residue around the range, which is the reason its band in many indoor ranges(especially in commiefornia). I shoot monarch 7.62 which is just re branded wolf or bear. One of my rounds actually made a big spark when it hit the wall behind the targets at my indoor range. Shit looked like it was some sort of incendiary round. Thankfully my local indoor range does not give a fuck about bi metal. Most ranges however say if a magnet stick to the bullet, then its not allowed. So you have a few choices
> Find a different range
> Sneak it in and shoot anyway (just know if they see a big spark they may ask you about it)
> find a spot in the middle of nowhere and shoot there
> Kill the range RSO
>>
>>34635550
You can't explain anything to retards , just try to find another range or go innawoods.
>>
>this thread

How hard is it to just buy different ammo? Just keep and stockpile your shit ammo you can't use at this particular range and shoot different stuff while you're going there.
>>
>>34635292
Bimetal jacket, not steel core. Can still cause sparks and fires.
>>
>>34635550
Even if you prove it's not steel cored, he may say he doesn't want steel anything going down range.
Steel jackets still can spark etc, but even steel cores ammo won't even begin to damage steel targets.
It's 3000+fps 556 that messes up steel the worst, not even a close competition. Even something large like steel cored 54r doesn't do squat to my hardened steel targets that 556 will eat through.
>>
>>34635292
They don't allow steel CORE, there's nothing about steel CASE

The steel core is inside the bullet. You won't find that stuff on the market today. Steel-cased ammunition is completely normal.
>>
>>34635500
Golden Tiger is magnetic.
>>
>>34635347
Nah lil nigga it that interacial jacket yo,they be lead in that bitch.
>>
SKS trigger ROs something fierce.
They even charge $5 more at my range to people who shoot them.

t. smug canadian cunt who doesn't have a SKS
>>
>>34635817
I just looked it up, youre right it is magnetic.
This whole time I was told it was copper jacketed. I feel my life was a lie...
>>
>>34635550
Don't bother. Buy copper jacket brass cased ammo so he doesn't have anything to bitch about, or find a outside range where they don't care
>>
>>34635355
Steel jacket that has a very thin copper washing on it.

Also, it doesn't actually expand. The steel jacket is too thick.
>>
If you want non bi metal you are going to have to buy american made ammo like White box Winchester, or federal. Though those go for about 15 bucks for a box of 20. At that price it completely negates one if the biggest reasons to use the 7.62, its cheap price. Yugo surplus ammo was non bimetal and was popular for a time, but the surplus has ran dry and they had corrosive primers. Red army standard MAY make a cheap non bimetal 7.62, i cant confirm i just have heard it is. Wouldn't count on it because it would be more expensive imo
>>
>>34635979
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENhmMKuaVU
>>
Get yugo M67. It's non-magnetic and in a brass case so your dipshit RSO will have zero excuse to not let you shoot it. SG ammo has it for $387 shipped for a case of 1120 on stripper clips. It's corrosive so clean your shit after you shoot.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/1120-round-crate-762x39-m67-non-magnetic-copper-fmj-brass-case-corrosive-yugo-surplu
>>
Ok I looked up what I could for copper jacketed 7.62x39 and for the price surplus yugo ammo and some red army standard are your best bet.
The yugo ammo is cheaper and on stripper clips but is corrosive.
The Red Army Standard is a bit expensive.
Red Army standard also makes bi metal jacket so be sure to get the non magnetic copper jacketed ammo.
Both are available at SGammo.
I hope this helps you.
>>
>>34635734
Except for the bi-metal jacket which sparks in backstops you dumb hillbilly cunt.
>>
>>34635674
Well you're retarded too.

Black tip 30-06 will punch holes in AR500. The difference is whether or not the penetrator is mild steel or hardened.
>>
>>34635960
Copper washed bi-metal jacket.
>>
bix nood muhfugga etcetera
>>
>>34635979
Yo, nigga, dat shit be arma peircin and sheit!
>>
>>34635347
nigga u dum put it in da draco n pop dey assez
>>
The jacket is steel with a copper plating. The inside is soft lead.
>>
>>34636381
Steel core is not the same as "armor piercing"
Not even close...
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.