[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Case Setup Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

/k/ommandos, I need your help. I bought a gun case and I need to decide how to set up. Post pics of your cases or general do and don'ts.
>>
>>34635101
Dont store guns in foam cases.
>>
>>34635120
What why
>>
>optics towards the hinges
>>
>>34635131
Foam holds moisture. Its ok for trasportation, do not store in though.
>>
>>34635101
If you have fitted/cut foam, just make sure to place items with an inch or two of foam from the edges.

If you are using a case with eggcrate and counting on compression/friction to hold your rifle then stow it optic towards the handle to reduce the chance it can slide and impact the case walls if dropped.
>>
>>34635120
You fell for this meme? Nothing wrong with storing guns in foam hard cases.
>>
>>34635131
They don't prevent theft and the foam absorbs all sorts of nasty things that are not good, including moisture. Use it for transportation only.
>>
>>34635161
>>
Not a meme. Foam holds moisture
>>
>>34635133

why is this a problem? if it's because of the "shock" of laying the case down on its hinges i call bullshit because if a properly mounted optic can handle recoil and vibration from being shot then it can handle being in a fucking case

>>34635153

good point, but what about dessicants?
>>
>>34635101
Fuck what those other 2 said. Make sure you have foam that is all one piece and not that shitty pre cut foam next you will want to grab a pen a distinctly different color than the foam, turn over the foam to the bottom so the pen marks won't be visible if they remain, now lay out all things you want in the gun case onto the foam and trace using the pen. Now use something to cut the foam, those cheap electric turkey carvers work well for me or just a really nice sharp knife. Make sure to cut as straight as possible and cut to the inside of the trace line for a nice tight fit in the foam. If done well you will have a very nice looking foam cut out the size of your equipment

I work alot with cameras stored in pelican cases so I have to do this once every couple of weeks and my personal gun cases. Just take your time and it will go smoothly, rush the process and it will look like garbage.
>>
>>34635153
This. Ever see a nice firearm covered in a fine, even rust? Storing it in foam is likely the cause.
>>
>>34635185
And to fix the moisture problem grab a bunch of those silica packets in shoe boxes and put them under each side of the foam cases so any moisture that is in there is absorbed by those packets
>>
>>34635197

dessicants
>>
>>34635161
Lel, have fun with rusty guns.

>>34635183
>what about dessicants?
They have a finite life span, its easier to just store out of foam.
>>
>>34635161
>breaking in boots
>why won't this meme die?
>>
if you end up cutting, make a hot foam cutter.
>https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/292695_.html
>>
File: 20170723_023458.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170723_023458.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>34635101
>>
File: armor-paper.png (1MB, 1010x734px) Image search: [Google]
armor-paper.png
1MB, 1010x734px
>>34635217
If you're this autistic about "MUH RUST" get a roll of Armor Wrap and wrap your barrel after shooting. If your guns rusts from coming into contact with foam, buy better guns.
>>
>>34635357
will you stop posting these nigger guns no one is impressed
>>
>>34635544
go back to /pol/ u fucking racist
>>
>>34635687
Why dont you go pick some cotton.
>>
File: din-du.png (1000KB, 1610x1188px) Image search: [Google]
din-du.png
1000KB, 1610x1188px
>>34635687
In all fairness, dem some neegro gats.
>>
>>34635101
Hard cases are really only useful when flying. If your gun is so fragile that it needs to be transported or stored in a hard case, then there's something wrong with it.

>>34635153
>Foam holds moisture. Its ok for trasportation, do not store in though.
This is kind of a cop-out. If you put your gun away wet, sure, but there's nothing wrong with storing your gun away in a non-breathable environment as long as it's coated in oil.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.