[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Arex Rex pistols?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

Thoughts on Arex Rex pistols?
>>
>>34631919
Why get a Sig copy when you could get a CZ or a CZ copy.
>>
File: guess 2.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
guess 2.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
To quote myself from the previous RZ1 thread...
>>34547610

"I'll just start out by saying that the RZ1 is a genuinely great firearm.
I've put at least 1500 rounds through mine with not one failure yet. The gun eats anything I feed it without complaint, including cheap steel.

The trigger is crisp and not gritty at all, the mag release feels naturally placed to your grip, the safety is easily reachable after drawing, and the grip is comfy as fuck.

The thing will operate in just about any condition and is solidly built. The full aluminum frame gives the gun some weight and overall meatiness, but is still fairly easy to point and is quick to get your eyes sighted on.

Personally, I'm a general fan of hammer-fire DA/SA firearms. It just seems natural.

>>34542065
[The Rex] honestly just feels like a much more refined firearm than the P226, which don't get me wrong, is a great pistol. But building upon the successes of similar concepts usually makes some pretty decent ideas.

So, yeah. Would recommend the RZ1 over the P226.

>>34545700
>how it holds up to moisture
Honestly, pretty well. At least, as far as I've found.
I'm out in the pacific NW and have taken my RZ1 plinking during the rain. It fires just the same as if it wasn't raining, no matter how wet it gets. Hasn't rusted in the time I've had it and clean-up is a breeze.

Unless you're talking about submerging the thing. That's something I've yet to find out."

I fell in love with the RZ1 and can't shoot it enough. People comparing it to being "ONLY a SIG clone" haven't gone out and fired one, or just don't like hammer-fired pistols.

If you have the money to buy an RZ1 and have been seriously considering, then drop the money for it. It's not a disappointing pistol.
>>
File: 20160816_230007.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_230007.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
DELET THREAD!
>>
I don't doubt that the Rex is a good pistol, and I'll even believe that it has refinements over the P226
But at the end of the day, for $600, for something that is ultimately a clone or very close derivative of another design, there's a whole slew of other guns I'd rather buy first.
If or when they drop towards $450, I'll start paying closer attention.

You can't charge a near-premium price for a copy of a relatively old design without bringing much new to the table.
>>
>>34632307
What would you rather buy?
>>
>>34632329
Depends on what I want.
If I specifically wanted a DA/SA decocker, I'd probably go for some CZ variant depending on what exactly I wanted. At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I think CZ sets a very high bar in the market for DA/SA guns, and some very respectable clones start from $300.
Otherwise, I'd also be looking at the FNP, FNX, and P30, all of which have very good track records at similar or lower prices.
Honestly, I'd probably go for even something like a Lionheart LH9 first, for the sake of messing with that crazy triple-action trigger or whatever they call it. The design is both rooted in the very well developed S&W Third-gen, but also brings something very unique and innovative to the playing field.
>>
>>34632443
Even my caniks have shot past a thousand with no issues. It isn't hard to make a reliable gun.
>>
They look nice, but at the end of the day they are $600+, and for that money you can get all metal guns from other companies that aren't clones. More importantly they will be from actual companies with presence in the US, instead of just being brought in by some importer who could stop bringing them in and you'll end up fucked if you need parts later on.
>>
>>34633451
What if I'm not in the US?
>>
>>34631919
OH LOOK ANOTHER NO NAME 9MM CLONE OF SOME OTHER OVERHYPED 9MM GARBAGE IN THREE TACTICAL COLORS NOW YOURS BUT YOU HAVE TO ORDER NOW
>>
>>34634003
>no name
lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGd6ZAXXRT8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U
>>
>>34634068
>posting MAC videos as proof of anything
>implying it isn't a no name clone
>>
File: scrot.png (63KB, 548x548px) Image search: [Google]
scrot.png
63KB, 548x548px
>>34634092
>I suck exeter dick for a living
lmao
>>
File: confused anime girl (87567).jpg (148KB, 638x760px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girl (87567).jpg
148KB, 638x760px
>>34631919
>dark earth
>actually light tan
>>
>>34634102
mac pls go
>>
>>34634102
>implying I like sig
I hate sigs (sig owners really desu) so m8 fuck off ya cunt.

I don't see the value of a $600+ clone that doesn't have interchangeable parts that is brought in through an importer when I could get a CZ for less, who has better customer service and will have parts for decades to come.

If they were like $500 I'd probably buy one.
>>
>>34632260

Agreed. RZ1 is a solid piece. I've shot Sigs, I've shot the RZ1. I'd go RZ1 every time.

>>34632307

>Relatively old design

Tell that to all the 1911 fags out there.

>>34633451
>>34634003

All you snowflakes bitching about BUT IT'S A CLONE

>So are Zenith MP5s
>So are PTR G3s
>So is pretty much anything in the AR category
>So is every 1911

If you want originality, go for a Hi Point C9. They're pretty unique, and quite inexpensive. Why shell out $500 for striker fired Glock wannabes and hammer-fired reiterations of a P38/92FS when you can own something truly original. Amirite, fampai?
>>
>>34634175
Everybody's FDE is different for some retarded reason. I think Daniel Defense's FDE is the best though.
>>
>>34631919
It looks pretty dope, senpai.
>>
File: 20982_143865.png (471KB, 608x621px) Image search: [Google]
20982_143865.png
471KB, 608x621px
>>34636509
>missing the whole point of my post
>So are Zenith MP5s
They are made be an HK licensed plant so they are technically not clones. Will take HK parts.
>So are PTR G3s
Made off portuguese HK tooling with the HK technical package and will take HK parts.
>So is pretty much anything in the AR category
Virtually everything is 100% interchangeable.
>So is every 1911
I don't care about 1911's but they can have parts replaced with some fitting.

The key point here is that all of those (1911 aside) will take existing parts without needing to do any serious modifications or fitting.

The Arex is a clone, but it is modified and has added features, so parts are not 1:1 interchangeable. If something breaks and Kvar decided to stop bringing the pistols in, good fucking luck finding your parts. Hell, even now go look online and try to find some place selling replacement parts. Plus the magazines are different from sig ones, so if they stop bringing guns in, good luck finding mags.

Then you have to deal with an importer to get parts from or warranty work if you ever need it.
And it costs $620+.

The zastava EZ99's were sig clones as well and had all of those negative aspects, but they were like $300-$400.

It's a clone with very limited support, and still costs a lot, it's the worst of all worlds. If it was closer to $500 and / or had major parts and magazine compatibility with Sig's I'd be more interested.

As is, why would I spend $620+ on a gun that is brought in by an importer from a manufacturer with no presence in the US? I can get a CZ for the same money or less, access to the large aftermarket of parts, as well as CZ factory parts and support.
>>
>>34631919
They have a lever that does different things depending how far down you press it.
>>
>>34637138
Found this post on a forum from some guy that owns one.

>I was going to go to the range and shoot it some more today ,but it's raining and I am just getting over being sick so I stayed indoors this morning and took the Arez Rex Zero one completely apart. Internally there are a lot of differences between this pistol and a Sig Sauer P226 series style pistol. If you are not one who can deal with tiny springs ,pins and ,detents then this is not a handgun that you should disassemble. It was not hard to get it apart,it's just got a lot of small parts that if lost your not going to be able to replace them easily. If I want lighten the DA pull I am going to need springs from another pistol outside of the Sig lineup. The mainspring is longer than a Sig mainspring. Another option if i want to use the Sig 17 lbs Bruce Gray spring would be a custom spacer to make up the difference. I really don't want to spend time making a spacer,so I came up with another option , a CZ 75 16 lb Wolff mainspring. Its a little to long so I will cut it to size reassemble and take some trigger pull readings. The SA pull from the factory is quite nice already, so it really does not need to be lowered. The DA pull is too heavy over 12 lbs and that is what I want to lower it. So if all goes well with the swap and shop testing I will go back to the range and do some test firing for function.
>>
>>34636509
The real issue is that
IT'S FUCKING BORING AND DOESN'T NEED A THREAD
>>
File: wat.jpg (350KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
350KB, 900x900px
>>34638036

t. any singular firearms threads
>>
I am waiting the treaded barrel
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.