[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k. OP bought an ar15 with quad rails for general use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (393KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393KB, 750x750px
Alright /k.
OP bought an ar15 with quad rails for general use / SHTF.

Im beginning to question if I fucked up and should have gone with the dong and stamp WASR.

I Originally chose the 556 for ease of attachments, parts availability, and general maneuverability. I think it would also be more feasable to fend off larger groups of raiders/scavengers with a 556 due to a slightly faster fire rate and a little more control, however im really afraid that the 556 lacks what it takes for true stopping power.

Whats everybodys stance on this subject? Should I have gone with the AK, or is 556 strong enough?
>>
op is a faggot
>>
>>34631537
If you're actually worried about SHTF ever actually happening then you have ample motivation to work a little harder, save a little more and get both. /thread
>>
>>34631562
hilarious and original

take your nogunz and shoot yourself
>>
>>34631584
you cant /thread your own post you fucking faggot
>>
yeah 556 is gonna have a lot less stopping power than 7.62. AK parts are really easy to find too as long as you dont want to make it too tacticool
>>
>>34631537
Bulk surplus 5.56 is deadlier than bulk milspec 7.62x39.

And the AR-15 is a more modern and reliable design, though either rifle is certainly good enough that 90% of shooters are going to be the weaker factor in the effectiveness of the rifleman/rifle equation.

But the true SHTF weapon is going to be a subcompact handgun of some sort, society isn't going to evaporate into rugged and lawless wilderness individualism, what's going to happen is that the state is going to create a situation where you can't count on societal trust to keep you safe in public, but flaunting the laws and power of the institutions of what state remains will subject you to the depredations of the state in addition to the depredations of the criminal class, necessitating discrete self defence options.
>>
>>34631602
I just did. So I can. /thread
>>
>>34631584
For me, its getting harder to find quality AKS.
I like wasrs because they work.

These new RAS, IOs and other modern aks are pure shit, AND i dont have 1400 for a top of the lime right now. The choice was 700$, and im asking if I made the right choice. Quality aks are getting rare
>>
>>34631537
I love the AK platform, and AKs are just cool. But ARs are great too. Like 34631584 said, if you can ,get both.

However, in the end it comesdown to where you are. In a SHTF scenario, if you live in America, an AR would probably be best purely because of the abundance of ammo and mags. 7.62 and 5.45 are available in the states, but in SHTF unless you stumble upon AIMsurplus's warehouse (or another /k/ommando's house) or something you probably will not find 5.45 scavenging.

If you use a non-native round and you are defending your land or house and you stock piled a but-load, that's a different story. (Even then this is a more definite ammo supply.)

The opposite can be said if you live in eastern europe, 5.56 is probably a bad bet.

But for general survival, you'll always be safe arming yourself with the same equipment as your nation's own military.
>>
>>34631652
Ok. So now I'm confused why you made the thread if you're arguing against getting an AK because of quality/price issues...(I'm assuming you're OP)

Having a rifle is 6 gorillion times better than not having one so you did good. Now the difference is negligible. Neither gun is any good unless you can hit the target and anyone getting hit with a 2700+ fps (assuming you didn't get some retarded sub-16" barrel) is going to have a very bad day...so like I said. Either save up and get an AK or don't. An AR is a DAMN FINE rifle and anyone who says it isn't is a fucking retard. Why you didn't do your due diligence and properly weigh the pro's and con's before getting something you had buyers remorse over I don't know...I think an AR is tits for someone who isn't a proper 0per8or. Go to the range, get badass with your AR and you're good. Meanwhile save your pennies till you can get a good AK and then (as with most purchases) you'll be stoked for a few days and then go "meh" and it will collect dust in your closet (semi kidding).
>>
>>34631790
Not arguing against, just weighing options.

And again, I went through the numbers and pros/cons endlessly for months on this. I settled on the ar15 because of extreme customability and ammo abundance.

It just makes me wonder though...
If I hit something with it, is it more likely to wander off and wait to return a lead kiss?
Would a 7.62 have stopped them with one shot, better?

Just food for thought.
>>
>>34631821
I wouldn't worry about such a remote possibility as enough to bum you out about your purchase. Not a lot of people who eat a bullet is going to be that eager to re-engage someone unless they have some massive grudge (beyond getting shot). If you're staying in one place after a full on gun battle I'd say that's a pretty stupid move and you're already a sitting duck by choosing to stay there after it has been compromised by someone/people who want your shit. The what if's and assumptions of such possibilities are almost hilariously minute. Honestly though, just skip the latte's and you'll have enough in no time. Sell something sitting around the house. Take an extra couple shifts. If you want it you can get it. Then keep an eye out for a good deal.
>>
>>34631537
5.56 is designed to wound, fudd.
>>
>OP doesn't know that velocity kills
>>
>>34631906
Fucking hell the 6.8 spc has a massive wound cavity.
Maybe it's not a dumb meme caliber after all.
Speaking of 6.8 spc I wish 6.5 mpc and 22 ddk would catch on.
Like 6.5 Grendel but better and like 556 on steroids. 3400 fps for m855 from 18 inch barrel and 3075 for 77 grain.
>>
File: file.jpg (125KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
125KB, 700x465px
>>34631952
>massive
>he hasn't seen what .308 soft points do
>>
>>34631537
SHTF (at least a scenario where you need a rifle) is never going to happen.
>>
File: 1477630862747.png (65KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1477630862747.png
65KB, 550x550px
>>34631537

>>34631111
dood fuck off
>>
>>34631652
lurk the files.. in the last 2 weeks i've seen more than one saiga sell for under $800 shipped
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.