[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boner or Cringe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: mosin-nagant-2.jpg (262KB, 720x483px) Image search: [Google]
mosin-nagant-2.jpg
262KB, 720x483px
mosin nagant 91/30 ina AI L96 pattern wood stock...

I'm getting some serious mixed feelings but overall i think this is pretty badass and i really want this stock
>>
Not gonna lie. Doesnt bother me. In fact its pretty sick
>>
File: 1500563333817.gif (3MB, 167x190px) Image search: [Google]
1500563333817.gif
3MB, 167x190px
it's kinda cool i guess
>>
>>34631103
Well it is a drop in stock, you could always give it a reddish stain so it has the nice Com Block feel. The scope mount is a bit irreversible but you could always make it weird and get a hold of a PE or PEM mount repro and go from there.

Otherwise the goober in me would love to fit the correct scope rails and mount a 1p21 scope onto a Mosin in this stock, bed it properly and have a neat but kinda frivolous rifle.
>>
File: Capture.png (366KB, 989x552px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
366KB, 989x552px
This reminded me of this gem that I found on armslist a little while back.
>>
For those wondering it's the Rhineland Arms Leopard stock, they also make it for the 10/22, R700, and Mosin.
>>
>>34631103

actually, I really like long barreled rifles, ant that looks really good... and seeing as it's not permanent I approve (dunno about that brake though)

but how do you work the bolt with the scope there?
>>
>>34631103
bretty good, shorten the barrel though. looks too much like a fishing rod now
>>
All Bubba is cringe by definition. Hacking up historical artifacts and putting them in pressboard stocks is so pleb-tier I'm shocked it doesn't wear a John Cena t-shirt to Walmart. Take that innocent rifle out of that abomination. I hope milsurp prices all go over $1000 to keep them away from assholes with hacksaws and ugly ass "aftermarket" parts.
>>
>>34631228

no. Bad, anon. Bad.
>>
File: 1500673504880.jpg (16KB, 315x404px) Image search: [Google]
1500673504880.jpg
16KB, 315x404px
>>34631204
>>
>>34631334
Yep, because that drop in walnut stock is so permanently damaging. If someone wanted to they could drop a Mosin into that stock and half an hour later put it right back to original.

It might be different if any Mosin stock required you to physically alter the rifle but near as I know there isn't a single stock made for the Mosin Nagant that requires any alteration at all, even the CBRPS bullpup stocks don't modify the rifle.
>>
>>34631334
It does bug me when people modify rifles for no discernible reason and your retarded wish is already coming true as the Mosin Nagant has rapidly priced itself above the Savage Axis and Ruger American which are far more capable hunting rifles.
This has been the cycle of military surplus for probably the last 150 years, you can still find examples of crudely modified Trapdoors, Krags, Lee Navies floating around and I've personally handled sported Swedish Rolling Blocks with 1860's Remington receivers and Seat's and Roebuck dicked over Swiss Vetterli's. In the 1900's Bannerman made an empire out of fucking with military surplus rifles and the NRA themselves commissioned a whole run of rifles that would be considered 'Bubba' by today's metric.

If OP has a Mosin that's already been dicked with then he should do whatever please him, if he buys a Mosin today to fuck with it then I don't know what he's on but it's his decision. That being said I have a bare 1894 Chatellerault receiver that I'm going to fuck with super hard but it was stripped decades ago by some other goober.
>>
>>34631103
How do you operate the bolt...?
>>
>>34631397
Agreed, >>34631334
Is a massive faggot.
>>
>>34631103
Since that stock actually requires technical skill to make, looks good, and isn't pretending to be an AI rifle, I approve of it.
>>
File: mosinkit.jpg (68KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
mosinkit.jpg
68KB, 640x472px
op here

>>34631518
>>34631334
i completely agree that physically modding a collectors rifle like the mosin is the same as throwing away a piece of history.

I feel that as long as nothing gets destroyed and all original parts are kept, changing out parts to make it a better shooter is fine. Like I plan on getting pic related and try my hand at shooting groups at 2-300yds soon, right now i have like 3-4in groups at 100 yards just sitting at a bench with an ammo can for a rest, so hopefully with a scout scope i can really find out how good of a shooter my current 91/30 is.

With this stock, it doesn't make it a better shooter( well it might due to a more or less free floated barrel) and completely changes the look of the rifle, it no longer looks like a mosin, and the aesthetic of the mosin imo is pretty neeto, however l96's are also pretty neeto, which is why i really sorta kinda want this stock but also wanted to see what other thought
>>
>>34631103
Install it on an action that isn't the definition of mediocrity and I'd be more interested.
>>
File: 8.png (161B, 8x8px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
161B, 8x8px
>>34631684
>collectors rifle like the mosin
I remember when people would be laughed out of a room for saying something like this, unless they were specifically talking about rare models.
>>
File: laughing padawans.png (561KB, 854x740px) Image search: [Google]
laughing padawans.png
561KB, 854x740px
>>34631684
>a collectors rifle like the mosin
>>
>>34631920
>>34631922
>implying it's anything else

The mosin has no value outside of collecting and memorabilia.
>>
>>34632064
>The mosin has no value

fixed
>>
>>34632107
Hey it's like $250, maybe $300 if you can find a sucker.
>>
>>34631204
I saw that too, there is another in Flint that's OD green and had the bluing stripped
>>
>>34631103
It's a tasteful Bubba. The rifle isn't permanently altered and there's no sign of glue or hacksaw use anywhere.
>>
>>34631206
I really dig the stock, however, their website is ancient.
>>
>>34631334
You are not a smart person.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.