[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In order to prepare for trying out for an intake to military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: images (32).jpg (34KB, 278x529px) Image search: [Google]
images (32).jpg
34KB, 278x529px
In order to prepare for trying out for an intake to military I just did 5 hours over rocky coastline with an 80lb pack.

Will my feet harden up, like will the bones and muscles stop hurting? I was just wearing surplus issue boots but now I cant put weight on my feet.

How do people cope in basic who havent prepared? You obviously cant say "oh I will just stay in bed today, my feet hurt".
>>
>>34629776
do not over train.
>>
>>34629776
>feet harden up
Yes. In time. This is the biggest thing that has to happen. You need to condition your feet and the rest of your body. Even if you are very fit your feet just have to get hard. Yes, you can geek out over boots but most issue boots are good enough. And get good socks. I cannot over emphasize good thick hiking socks.
>>
>>34629776
because boot camp is a fucking joke, assuming your murican anyways
>>
File: Nicholson.gif (2MB, 346x259px) Image search: [Google]
Nicholson.gif
2MB, 346x259px
>>34629776

Just deal with it senpai
>>
>>34629811

I dont have alot of money but I bought 3 pairs of thick 100% wool socks which cost more than the surplus boots. I presume I get issued all this if I am selected? Also is it ok to wear 2 pairs of socks in the army?
>>
>>34629975
It is not uncommon to wear a liner sock then a heavier sock if you know you have a long ruck.
>>
80lb will fuck you up. do things gradually.2 pairs of socks can cause blisters.its not advised to ruck alone in case you fuck up.
>>
File: 1498997235254.png (2MB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1498997235254.png
2MB, 2500x2500px
>>34629776
if your feet harden up you can't post them when they request your feet on the internet, be careful
>>
>>34629776
>I just did 5 hours over rocky coastline with an 80lb pack

I'm sure they will appreciate you saving them the trouble of annihilating your back and knees.
Do low impact cardio shit instead.
For the love of God do not ruck unless you have to.
Also like >>34630253 says you will lose your /k/ trap posting abilities and do you really want that?
>>
In my experience, long road marches never got easy. I never got better at them. I just suffered through them while telling myself it would have to end eventually.
>how do people cope
You just don't have a choice. I got chewed out by our battalion gunner because I wasn't moving fast enough on a range we hiked to because I had a blister on my foot the size of my foot. "Hurry the fuck up! It's not my fault you can't take care of your feet"
>>
>>34629900

Marine bootcamp is pretty good. They have respectable hikes and PT standards for their bootcamp.

And no one is allowed to do the minimum. Drill instructors will individually push every recruit to the highest numbers they can
>>
>>34630340

What should I do to care for my feet if I do get athletes foot and blisters?
>>
>>34629776
how far
>>34630226
80lbs is about average for lgop/ragnars
>>
>>34630385
Hey that sounds like Army boot too.
Stop perpetuating the stupid Marine Corp propaganda.
>>
>>34632674
Im not sure, was going good over the rocks and gravel road sections but was slow going in the soft sand beaches, I picked a lighthouse out and made it a goal to get there then turned back, left at 6am and got back to the car at 11:23
>>
>>34632742
you should measure it in google
>>
>>34632601
No tthe same buy, but for the blister i just poped them and put a gaze on it. Not pretty, but make it easier to live with.

The day when you feel like your feets are burning for a few steps when you put them on the ground after waking up is the day you got good feets.

Of all the thing boot gave me, iron feets is my favorite.
>>
>>34629999
It's important to note that liner socks are purpose-made socks that are designed to reduce the friction against your foot. Do not simply wear two pairs of normal socks, that won't help you very much.
>>
>>34632713
M8 I was in MOS school at Ft. Sill and saw the army (((boot camp))).

>Take your time and make sure you get enough to eat.

>Fat soldier just sits down with his bowl of ice-cream.
>All the rest of the platoon is getting ready to leave
>Fat drill Sergeant waddles over to the ice-cream fatty.
>You better hurry the HECK up!

No guys seriously it's the same boot camp as the Marines.

Another time.
>Be on the way to the chow hall again.
>See the rifles of a platoon that is inside with 2 gear guards.
>Sitting back to back FUCKING SLEEPING while waiting for yummy yummy time.

LOL Y DO MUHREENS ALWAYS SAY BOOT CAMP WAS HARDER THAN SUMMER CAMP?
>>
>>34629776
No need for that weight before you even join a military, my recruitment traning had a gradual build up in PT designed by professinal PTIs in the ranks, I know guys who couldent run a KM under 7mins without weight who by the end of week 15 had completed a loaded route march over 14km with 70kg gear. Yes it hurt, yes I nearly fucking collspsed, but thats because you will never get used to that weight, no matter how hard you prepare, just giving yourself opportunities to get injured. Let the military do that to you so you can get free treatment. Also water and socks, good thick well fitting socks. And remeber that you mind will quit hours before you body will, block it out and march on, if you die they have to bury you.
>>
inb4 silver bullet
>>
>>34629776
You're doing the right thing, but give yourself time to rest 2-3 days in between sallies. Let your joints and your feet and your muscles heal. Drink lots of smoothies with protein powder dumped in. Like that.
>>
>>34629776
if there are blisters pop it train the shit and bandage it it helps

there is an odd type of bandage they use that helps prevent the blinters

ether way use bengay it helps the pain

and wear plaster bandages around the area you get blisters like the back of the ankle and the foot paw it helps kind of prevent blisters also don't wear army boots they suck ass and cause a lot of pain wear some hiking boots or canvarse boots i think the military allows that and they are softer on the feet
>>
>>34633401
can confirm, went to basic at "Chill" Sill.

>That Angel Cake and biscuits and gravy was godly

No other base has food like Sill (that ive been to.)
>>
>>34632674
>80lbs is about average for lgop/ragnars
Right, but throwing on all that weight suddenly not having carried a lot before can cause stress fractures, I gave myself one doing that. Work your way up to 80lbs from how ever low you want to start like 30 or 40. Yeah maybe you have a strong will but be kind to your knees and bones.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.