[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK obsolete calibres.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

About to leave a continental Europe country and the vast majority of my legally owned stuff here.

UK allows you to keep unmolested handguns and rifles which are of an obsolete calibre with no licence. It needs to be declared to be an obsolete calibre.

Not that I would ever dream of loading, possessing ammo or shooting such a section 58 curio and converting it from an ornament into a section 1 firearm, I look at the following items with interest.

Martini Henry 577/450 long lever (pretty hard to go past these with that massive stash from Nepal slowly trickling away, classic design)
Schmidt Rubin 1889 7.5×53.5mm straight pull (leading contender - cool camming action, 12 round mag, though there are suggestions the action is weak). Pic related.

I'm not getting far with pistols beyond it being clear that llenty of criminals are buying the 1873 MAS French revolver and then handloading. Some of the cals for revolvers are 320 British (not 32 S&W), 44 Russian, 41 Long Colt (my grail at this point is an early 20th century Colt in 41LC).

Suggestions?
>>
File: 1500401583593.jpg (2MB, 1978x6777px) Image search: [Google]
1500401583593.jpg
2MB, 1978x6777px
>>34627049
>Suggestions?
yeah, dont move to the UK
>>
It's probably something worth investing in for UK posters because there's no paperwork, no registration and they're still viable firearms.

If you want modern handguns and conceal carry move to Northern Ireland, or one of Jersey/Isle of Man/Sark/wherever.
>>
>>34627076
Need to build my career up/getting married. Intending to move to the U.S. in 3 to 5 years.

>>34627105
NI is may issue for CCW but it involves living in NI. Still, as a wise man in a uniform once told me on another continent... "if they know about it via registration, you're only renting it".
>>
>>34627049
>massive stash from Nepal
I don't wanna be like this, but i'm gonna be like this. Gahendras are not martini henries. The best you can say is they are martini patterns, but they don't have henry pattern rifling, and the action is infact modified from the martini.

End my life please.

How about Swiss Vetterli rifle, 12 round tube magazine, in 10. something black powder rim fire swiss.

Why are you moving to the UK anyway? I can't see a redeeming quality about the UK. Not even employment there is worth it, or education.
>>
>>34627049

both of the rifles you listed are utterly fantastic from every account I've heard. If money is an object, lean toward the Swiss, last I checked they're not a sheckle above 500$.

Good luck with the move my man
>>
>>34627143
They found British manufactured MHs, UK proofed with 1886 and 1887 cyphers in said stash with the local stuff. There is a not insubstantial price difference between the British rifles and the local knock offs.

Shall look at that Swiss cartridge (do you know exactly what it is?) and see if it lands on the obsolete list.

Reason for UK is getting married and I need a certain number of years in my current role to be in demand in other countries. It isn't a burning desire to drink shit, overpriced beer.

>>34627191
Thanks man. I'm liking the 1889.
>>
>>34627335
>Shall look at that Swiss cartridge (do you know exactly what it is?) and see if it lands on the obsolete list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10.4%C3%9738mm_Swiss_Rimfire

The lord of hangfire itself. Or maybe we just had a bad batch.

I'm gonna buy one myself since they're so cheap around here, but i'm really not set up for reloading obsolete as fuck cartridges.
>>
>>34627049
>though there are suggestions the action is weak
That just applies to Morons that want to shoot GP11 with it, with GP90, the black powder one its all fine.
>>
>>34627981
GP90 isn't black powder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3uxz2hfrB4
>>
Why is the UK so cucked

I mean for fuck's sake, even black powder repros are restricted
>>
>>34628041
Durr. Brain lag. Sry my bad. 27-31gr Semi-Smokeless Powder (PC88)...

Still. Dont do it. Max Chamber Pressure is still intended for 36,970 psi, not 45,500 psi of GP11
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.