[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard that firing the Gustav enough times in one sitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: th (8).jpg (11KB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
th (8).jpg
11KB, 250x160px
I've heard that firing the Gustav enough times in one sitting can damage your organs. Is this true? If so, why?
>>
>>34626726
I know that getting shot with a gustav will damage your organ
>>
>>34626726
I think firing at yourself just once would damage your organs
>>
>repeated shockwaves, concussions, and explosions are bad for you
news at 10
>>
>>34626726
The blast over pressure and resulting underpressure puts strain on you and your guts. There are limits to many such large shoulder fired weapons imposed by various organizations. These safety limits are usually slightly overbearing and error on the side of caution in the same same blast/frag radius stuff is calculated. If you go over what is considered safe you will *probably* be fine, but the more you shoot, the more you roll dem dice about long term damage.
>>
>>34626726

Massive overpressure is not good for our bodies. The most likely outcome is a Traumatic Brain Injury, basically like a concussion.

The overpressure of the weapon firing creates a pressure wave which can kinda "thunk" your brain. Do this enough and you have a concussion. Do it a lot and you get brain injuries.

The way professional (American) football players or professional fighters get really nasty degenerative brain diseases due to taking all those shots to the head, that weapon can do the same.

So you might be totally fine, you think, until 20 years down the line and your brain starts to go to shit and you fucking die. The thing is, the brain of a weakling nu male and the brain of the baddest special forces guy on the planet have the same durability. So even if you are a jar head oorah marine rucking 300 pounds and bench pressing trucks, your brain is still a soft mass of bullshit, and concussive forces WILL fuck it up.

Doesn't make the Carl G a bad weapon, just one you have to understand and use properly.
>>
Idk about organs, but Ive heard that it can rupture blood vessels in the brain. The boom is violent enough Id be inclined to believe it just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>34626726
Well considering you have a rocket throwing out enough thrust to accelerate a ~3kg projectile to well over the speed of sound in under a tenth of a second just a few inches away from your head and body, it would stand to reason you're going to get quite a pounding from the blast wave.
>>
If you are a bitch, 'ol Charlie will beat you like a whore.
You'll go home bruised and bleeding after a day at the range.
t. A bitch
>>
my buddy was a plt sgt in ranger bat and told me after a few shots people get pretty rattled, and bloody noses start to occur and they get a little dazzled.
>>
>>34626782
>Carl Gustav
>Rocket
>>
AT weaponry operates with massive amounts of pressure. Each type of round has a point value, so for example, a lum round has a much higher point value than an HE round.

Generally speaking you dont want to exceed 6 rounds a day. This is not including any other overpressure youve experienced that day from AG'ing rounds and/or firing other AT weaponry. If you do exceed the points per day you start running into issues like pissing blood.
>>
>Seek medical attention if erection lasts for more than 4 hours
>>
>>34626774
Once shot the M3 16 times over two hours, while the guy next to me shot around the same amount. So far only my liver is fucked up, but i will report in 18 more years.
>>
>>34626726
I totally believe it. I have shot one and the concussion feels like being 30 feet away from a grenade, minus the shrapnel.
It is known that larger explosives can lead to brain damage so it makes sense that repeated exposure to smaller ones would be damaging too.
>>
Its fairly common to piss blood after you shoot one. I always hated shooting it during training.
>>
Gustav gunner here

You're only suppose to fire four shots in 24 hours or one shot from the prone. The blast fucks up the membranes around your heart.
>>
>>34626726
I've fired two rounds in 5 min while on a winter exercise. Wasn't an issue at all, probably due to snow on the ground absorbing blast pressure.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.