[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are body cams becoming a thing for non-LEOs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

Went to Cabelas the other week to look at potential funs. Wait about 40 minutes for the one guy working the gun counter to sell a $100 rough rider then I get excited because they had some stuff I wanted to check out and I was finally up. The younger guy selling the rough rider disappears then this older salesman comes to help me and I notice he turns on a device on his vest. Looks to be a gopro and it's glowing blue- this fucking guy is recording me as I am shopping for guns as if this is some liberal candy camera session or something. This guy was also rude as shit and didn't know a whole lot about guns it seemed so I ask to just look at one of the things I wanted to see and leave. Last time I fucking shop at Cabelas... Their shit is all overpriced anyways except for the occasional online sale item. Anyone experience anything similar?
>>
Cabelafag here, it's not a bodycam, it's our push-to-talk internal radios. They glow and flash whenever anyone is talking, whether direct to them or on the store-wide channel. He pushed it before talking to you because that mutes everything except the direct channel, cuz normally no one can hear themselves think on the gun counter/library, let alone hold a conversation with all of the store managers blaring their stuff that doesn't apply to anyone outside of their department.
>>
>>34625825
Also used to work at Cabela's and can confirm. There are tons of cameras in the store though so you were being recorded in general.

Don't worry OP, you're not that interesting to need to be recorded personally.
>>
File: 1496540951654.jpg (111KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496540951654.jpg
111KB, 674x960px
>>34625825
But this explanation doesn't play into his paranoid, self-centered narrative.

How will we have entertaining yet misleading posts on this board with the truth being so high in the replies?

You've ruined the thread.
>>
Recently bought a shotgun from Cabelas, the guy at the counter was actually pretty helpful and didn't flex his know-it-all gun chatter too much.

I told him what I was looking for and he found me something good, no questions asked. Price wasn't bad either compared to other stores, but I wasn't buying a tooled-up hunting gun either.

The older guys there seemed to have more of a stick up their ass like they've been there too long.
>>
>>34625672
Moron
>>
>>34625877
I'm sorry anon, I was just trying to help ;__;
>>
>>34625884
cuck

>>34625825
thank you anon

the salesman was still a dick
>>
>>34625877
Made me lol and summed up half of the threads on this board
9/10 mate
>>
My local Cabela's could have used some extra security.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35726945-75/brazen-bandit-steals-four-assault-rifles-from-cabelas-police-say.html.csp

I stop there a couple times a month for ammo. Would never buy a gun from them though, everyone working the gun counter is a raging dickhole.
>>
>>34625881

Used to supervise in retail and the old guys thing is everywhere, unless they've been in retail for decades. Basically a lot of these guys used to make a shitload of money (ex: textile plants) but now they're retired/semi-retired and need some spending money so they have to do some low-rent shit like retail. Plus they're all on their periods and shit.
>>
Body cams and GoPros are gaining popularity outside of LEO and extramarital sports.
Push bike riders who just ride to Work and back are using them, hunters are using them, I use one.

It is not te desire to record the one that got away or to post idiots on YouTube, I want proof that I was in the right to reduce cort costs.
It has saved me twice, once when a chick tried to get me arrested for harassment, I just waited until the police turned up and handed over my camera, than when I was arrested for tesoassing. The camera proved that I never entered the property.
In both cases what could have taken months to sort out in court took seconds to sort out by just letting the police see the recorded images.
>>
Anybody remember that got a Daewoo for dirt cheap when Cabela's got retarded for a minute?
>>
>>34625672
Not really. Last time I went was to buy the $99 hipoint. Staff was cool. Took awhile but they were busy.

Prices are "ok". Only because MSRPs in the PNW are fucked in the first place.
>>
I work inna cabela, and yes, they are radios. They're called theatro and they suck donkey balls.

>>34627508
There are actually very few cabela's with in store security. Cabela straight up doesn't care much about external lose, focusing mostly on inside lost. The camera's are usually pointed at the employees, not the customers.

i can't speak to customer service experience, but at my store, most people are actually really nice. Some are a bit rude though, and some will blow their lid if the customer gives them attitude. We do deal with a lot of shitty customers though. From people who fuck up the form in ways you can't even imagine, to people wanting us to fill the form for them, to some guys wanting to skip the fucking line and demand we help them immediately.

And while I don't really like to shit talk our own guys, the gun library people really don't help with anything, since they half ass a customer and drop them on us for the background. They usually don't give a shit becuase they get paid less (although not by a lot)
>>
>>34629686
Really? Our library guys get paid more, myself included. Sucks to see your guys half ass it though, here it's the other way around lol. Library guys are the only ones who know anything.
>>
>>34627508
>four assault rifles
>high powered rifles capable of carrying high capacity magazines
Gee willickers, I sure wish my local cabelas carried assault rifles.
>>
on a side note it's weird for me as a californian going to gun stores in other states where employees aren't all CCWing. Every single gun store I've been to (including Big 5) has all the gun counter employees carrying handguns
>>
>>34628952
Fellow PNW'er here. Can fucking confirm the prices here are just absurd.
>>
is this the cabelas in lacey?
>>
File: IMG_0469.jpg (85KB, 2048x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
85KB, 2048x272px
>>34625877
This is mine now
>>
File: IMG_0470.jpg (91KB, 2048x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0470.jpg
91KB, 2048x287px
>>34631188
One for red boards
>>
File: IMG_0472.jpg (77KB, 2048x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0472.jpg
77KB, 2048x284px
>>34631213
And one for Tommorow

Fuck Photon, nobody uses it.
>>
>>34625884
Go and make a bait thread or something you fucking nigger.
>>
>>34627678
What bodycam do you use? I've been meaning to get one but the one I've been eyeing is sold only to LEOs.
>>
>>34625672
This is a huge problem with gun stores and other outlets that sell guns that the workers are always some jackass prick or some punks jerking off with their friends instead of helping customers.

Cabela has to be the biggest one when it comes to this.
>>
>>34631702
One thing about cabela's that make people think the employees aren't doing anything is that all firearms transactions require a "final", meaning someone has to go over it again.

I believe most stores right now has changed to the FSO system, meaning that each employee only helps one customer through out the whole process. As such, it means that while waiting for a final, all they can do is just dick around until someone is free to actually do it. There might be five other dudes around, but all of them might be with their own customers. Most management can do it, but won't or can't. When it's busy? be prepared to wait a while.

It's an inefficient system that they're pushing becuase of "customer service". It's good for the guy being help, but not so much for the guy who's waiting to be helped. I've seen people being dumped by gun library and having to wait close to an hour, becuase gun library doesn't do anything beyond section A (which often is fucked up) and just dump them in line without telling someone, or tells someone who isn't near done with their own customer.

Not to say that there aren't people who ignore customers. A few of the younger guys at my store like to fake doing paperwork to avoid picking up gun library dumps.

I gotta admit though, I also sometimes avoid customers if they act or sound like jack asses or try hards. I have no issues helping friendly fudds, or mall ninjas though. Just don't act like an entitled douche bag, which about 10% of our customers are. Hell, had a guy today insult a co worker who was having issues with unlocking an internal lock of an uncommon gun.

>>34629774
Oh, most of our library guys know a lot. They just don't give a shit about properly doing the paper work and getting people started on the back ground check.
>>
>>34631213
Yeah, im saving this
Will do wonders in /sci/
>>
>>34625672
I run the counter at a large Academy and this story is funny. I hope it's their walkies, because if someone wore a body camera at our gun counter they'd be canned immediately. We have two types of customers, guys who buy often from us for cheap prices and don't expect anything great, then people who have never bought a gun before and go for cheap shit. Neither appreciate the idea that they're purchasing process has garnered any attention. Our managers have to do a final review of 4473's but we usually have to explain to them page 3, why the "caliber" line says 5.56 NATO 1:8 but the tag says .223rem/5.56x45.
>>
File: bt.jpg (295KB, 1536x1674px) Image search: [Google]
bt.jpg
295KB, 1536x1674px
>>34625872
I worked at a Cabelas before and got to go up in the security camera room. Most of the taxidermy animals have cameras in their eyes. Creepy.
>THEY ARE WATCHING
>>
File: 1444265073599.jpg (50KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
1444265073599.jpg
50KB, 600x656px
Same thing happened to this guy a friend of my uncles third cousins father knew,
He ended up at Guantanamo after buying a firearm from Cabela's!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.