[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is airsoft so hated on /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: rwc_custom_vintage_el_ak.jpg (60KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
rwc_custom_vintage_el_ak.jpg
60KB, 700x500px
Why is airsoft so hated on /k/?
>>
>>34624771
>>34624771
Because it belongs on /asp/ now get
>>
>>34624771
Cuz it fo fagz and man children who like fag dick in their anus. Fucking poofters
>>
Summer
>>
Because it is gay. Now leave.
>>
I bought an airsoft gun once because I wanted something that I could carry around the woods legally
the feeling of carrying an airsoft gun is so fucking lame I just returned it it feels like you're carrying a toy, not a deadly weapon that has the potential to rip giant holes in people
I think milsim is cool but I'll never actually do it, milsim culture is cancerous as hell
>>
>>34624771
Because they're not weapons and /k/ is a board about weapons
>>
Oh boy. Another why does /k/ hate X thread. That's right up there with "picked up this bad boy today" with a non OC pic or "what is the best weapon and why is it X"
>>
because toys are not /k/ related
>>
>>34626065
>>34626073
Yet Nerf threads are welcome.

>muh board culture
>>
>>34624771
Because some airsofters take it way too fucking seriously and actually start believing they're Tier 1 OPERATORs or some shit because they spent X amount of money to look the part.
>>
>>34626092
No they're not.
>>
File: file.jpg (14KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
14KB, 480x343px
>>34626092
>what are jokes and having fun
>>34626105
Yes they are. Nerf is fucking cool.
>>
>>34626092
Nerf doesnt try to pretend it isn't a toy
airshit is literally a toy, but airshitters think they're some sort of JTF-2 BLACK OPS group
>>
Unfortunately, they're the only choice for us britfags.
>>
>>34626058
>I bought an airsoft gun once because I wanted something that I could carry around the woods legally

anon you having autism is not a reason to think airsoft is gay. you literally just want a toy to hold when you walk around the woods pretending to be a stalker.
>>
>>34627055
rimfire semiautos are legal in bongistan you just got to get a FC for it.
>>
There was a brief period, at I think the beginning of last year, where airshit was semi accepted here for a time after we had a fairly civil and successful thread on it. So then for a few weeks there were occasional airshit threads and even some airshit trips showed up, and then they started invading other threads and lecturing other people on real guns and tactics based on their toy gun experience and acting insufferably elitist about their larp hobby, even by /k/ standards; as becoming extremely septic when people didn't take their "credentials" seriously. So then people learned why nobody like airsofters and it went back to how it was. However like all imageboards, /k/s community is in a constant state of flux, so we forget quick.
>>
>>34627186
>at I think the beginning of last year
newfag af senpai.

/k/ has accepted airshit multiple times, it's just as you quickly learned very quickly turns to shit because of airsofters. I think it happens every couple of years, i remember a very good thread in 2012 about blowback airshit.

My theory is that airshitters are lurking around and just hide until the time is right.
>>
>>34626943
Canadian spotted
>>
>>34627186

i dont think its fair to dismiss an entire community based on the autistic actions of a few people, especially on a board that is frequented by trolls.

airsoft is fun because it lets do the shit you wish you could do with real guns.
>>
>>34624771
Because you cant get hard with a pellet gun up your ass
>>
>>34627321
>i dont think its fair to dismiss an entire community based on the autistic actions of a few people
That's how reputations work, so fuck off.
A

>airsoft is fun because it lets do the shit you wish you could do with real guns.
Not at all, and most gun competitions are better.

Airshit is like IRL COD or something. Even milsim is a seriously watered down autism. Reenactment with blank firing guns is way better than milsim for that.

Airshitter go and stay go.
>>
>>34627391
>That's how reputations work, so fuck off.
no, thats how stereotyping works
>Not at all, and most gun competitions are better.
gun competitions have you shooting at inanimate objects, airsofting has you shooting and living, thinking targets.
>Airshit is like IRL COD or something.
this right here proves you don't know what you're talking about and simply hate entire hobby based on a small segment of the community that takes it much too seriously, you simply WANT to dislike it.
>>
>>34627432
>no, thats how stereotyping works
Stereotypes are based on reputation.

>gun competitions have you shooting at inanimate objects, airsofting has you shooting and living, thinking targets.
And? Shooting at living targets doesn't inherently make it a better competition. and basing on the airshit community, it might make you worst.

>this right here proves you don't know what you're talking about and simply hate entire hobby based on a small segment of the community that takes it much too seriously, you simply WANT to dislike it.
No i'm basing it off the videos i've seen on youtube.

Do you actually have a good example of what airshit is about then?

Also regardless, airshit is still toys. And nerf threads are only welcome because they're completely for fun, and not trying to be realistic, useful, or otherwise serious. It's like the threads that show up with sticks as schoolyard 'guns'. Airsoft is imitation of guns, it's inherently too serious.
>>
>>34624771
Because it trivializes warfare. The fucks that git gud at it invariably believe themselves to be bad ass tier 1 operators. It is like blackface for JSOC. It COULD be used as an ultra close-range training tool, but people play it like it's call of doody and it loses all value. I used to play, but the more the "spec Ops" meme became reality, the more cringe it was until it was too much for me. It's culture is soo toxic. HOWEVER, I would still my son play airsoft than stay inside all day playing faggy video games getting fat like many of the no-guns on here.
>>
I played it when I was younger and loved it. A good way to release teen angst without any real injuries.

Sorry none of you had friends growing up.
>>
Sigh...

Airshitter here. Played airsoft in middle/high school, quit halfway through high school, bought real guns as soon as I could afford them after college. Casual hasguns friends convinced me to get another airsoft gun and try it out again.

It can be very fun and quite bearable if you think of it as a game and don't treat it as oper8or training. Like 3gun and camping, it's just another excuse to run around in all that expensive gear you bought, and if you're into dressing up like SF dudes, you'll have even more fun.

Most of what people say about the community is true. That said, if you roll with your friends (I know, hard to come by around these parts) and your friends aren't shitheads, it can still be fun to run around the woods in all that SHTF gear you have collecting dust in your closet. The community around my area is small, but still better than I remember it being (only about 45% shitkids, a lot of mid-20somethings (not a lot of Buy Once Crye Once gear queens, either), some older, retired vets. Luckily, the kids keep to their own. Other scenes will be different.

I wish there were more options for running around innapublicwoods with realsteel firearms, but sadly there don't seem to be. If there are, I don't know of them.
>>
Maybe if airshit compamies made Airshit muskets for re-enacting I would have a better opinion.
>>
>>34628469
As a followup to this, if /k/ool, hasguns people started their own airsoft subcommunity with realsteel knowledge and the maturity that is assumed of 18+ and 21+ individuals, but without the smugness of the milsimmers, airsoft might actually be saved. But that'll never happen. That said, there are interesting communities out there. Red-Alliance.net and Northern Pact seem pretty cool.
>>
I just can't get over the whirring sound they make, doesn't sound at all like the real thing. The community also tends toward people with a fuckload of gear they're never going to use. Only interesting airsofter I ever met were two dudes doing Warsaw Pact loadouts.
>>
>>34627296
Yep, I enjoy it time to time near our local paintball area. Pretty fun but I do see cringeworthy operators time to time. Recently been getting into airguns since I saw a neat makarov. Been shooting squirrels from 20 ft away
>>
>>34628600
Co2 or gas blowbacks don't do that
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.