[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FAL discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Quote FREE WORLD unquote.png (80KB, 279x563px) Image search: [Google]
Quote FREE WORLD unquote.png
80KB, 279x563px
Not trying to start a topic about the Troubles, but how and why does the FAL get the name "Right arm of the free world"?
From what I see it was used by Communists too, and the British forces using them didn't tend to use them to uphold freedom, but suppress it.
It was also used by Muslims, too.
>>
>Not trying to start a topic about the Troubles
If you say so paddy.
It was used by the majority of the free world, being the Commonwealth and much of Europe. That it was used to oppress 3rd world nigger states like Ireland and the Congo is both incidental and irrelevant.
>>
File: 1498473884234.png (131KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1498473884234.png
131KB, 500x293px
>>34623868
I wouldn't call Europe "free", Commonwealth even less so.
>>
File: dieudonnesaive1448650040912.jpg (82KB, 479x325px) Image search: [Google]
dieudonnesaive1448650040912.jpg
82KB, 479x325px
>>34623845
>Not trying to start a topic about the Troubles, but how and why does the FAL get the name "Right arm of the free world"?

Dieudonné Saive, the lead designer for FN-H, decided to effectively gift the FN FAL design to all allied countries which had in some way supported the liberation of Belgium in the Second World War.
Effectively, he donated his design to the West allowing them rights to build and modify the design, at no cost. This turned the FN FAL into a very cost effective design to counter the AK47 and AKM. Countries did not have to design their own guns, yet did not have to pay to license and produce a foreign design.
In the Cold War, the West (supposedly) represented freedom, as a result, the FAL became the right arm of the free world.

>From what I see it was used by Communists too

Only what they captured. FALs were never sold to or produced by Communists.

>>34623885
>I wouldn't call Europe "free", Commonwealth even less so.

Land of the free, home of the brave, etc. But the USA is far from free either.
So what's the point? This is a political thing to say, marketing cares not for truth.
>>
>>34623946
Very helpful reply, actually. Thanks anon.
>>
>>34623946
Cuba would like to have a word.
>>
>>34624206
>Cuba would like to have a word.

The invading forces at the Bay of Pigs had FALs, yes. Are you going to claim they were commies?

Or what is your point?
>>
>>34624233
Splitting hairs really. IIRC, FN delivered a bunch before (Not commie) and after (very much commie) the 59 revolution.
>>
>>34624249
>IIRC, FN delivered a bunch before (Not commie) and after (very much commie) the 59 revolution.

Battista ordered them and FN had been paid. So they delivered them as requested since the contract was with Cuba, not Battista personally.

But yeah, I get your point.
>>
File: IMG_5232.jpg (22KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5232.jpg
22KB, 251x242px
>>34623845
>scream in the faces of soldiers from an elite fighting regiment that trains its men to be aggressive as possible in high stress situations, and who are also armed with automatic weapons
>throw rocks and bottles at the soldiers armed with automatic weapons
>literally shout at the soldiers armed with automatic weapons to shoot at the protesters
>whinge like a cat on heat when the soldiers armed with automatic weapons shoot at them
Potato-niggers were a mistake.
>>
deaths due to the troubles are included in their homicide rate.

the troubles are over and the IRA's militant wing gave up after 9/11. so why hasn't the UK returned to the pre troubles level? Especially with the supposedly effective gun control laws.
>>
>>34624376
Doesn't matter if you literally beg and plead for you to shoot them, it's still illegal
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.