[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the standard us marksman optic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: gdsxfg.jpg (6KB, 356x142px) Image search: [Google]
gdsxfg.jpg
6KB, 356x142px
Is it available to the consumer market?
>>
>>34622882
There isn't
>>
>>34622882
We talking DMR, or sniping? Because the ACOG is perfectly adequate for DMR use.
>>
Sniping
>>
I don't know about the US, but the leaf who broke the record with the ISIS kill used a Schmidt and Bender 5-25 PMIII. Basically the best in the business.
>>
SWFA Super Sniper /thread

I know, I know... it's the cringest fucking name ever, but it is in use under a military model number XM2015b/D14M or some bullshit. It's worth 5x more than the MSRP.
>>
>>34622957
Not to discredit that shot, congrats Canada world champions, but even with the scope dials maxed out, and the optic, at the lowest magnification, on a stupid high riser mount, the tiny blur of a dot was STILL on the very bottom edge of the scope wall. It was a fantastic shot, but it involved a divine intervention level of luck. By no means does that make that scope the best.

That belongs to an IOR in the 40mm variety, be prepared to take out a 3rd mortgage on your house.
>>
>>34622963
This. One of the best budget scopes on the market. Don't fall for the low-cost variable meme - the clarity on high power will be shit.
>>
>>34622977
Exact model?
>>
>>34622882
Leupold Ultra M3A 10×42mm
>>
>>34622977
>That belongs to an IOR in the 40mm variety, be prepared to take out a 3rd mortgage on your house.
>IOR Tactical 40x56/IL FFP
>$3,695.00
>Needing mortgage
Am I missing something here?
>>
OP here price is not an issue willing to spend up to 10k USD
>>
>>34623004#
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bzwY6jIwr2o

Here is a very comprehensive breakdown of the shot by basically the God of extreme long range. Be prepared for most of this to go over your head. I fancy myself at least an intermediate long range shooter, and a few of the concepts discussed here were foreign to me
>>
File: 1499209867250.jpg (186KB, 1024x1538px) Image search: [Google]
1499209867250.jpg
186KB, 1024x1538px
>>34623165
whats the arabic script on Rex's computer tower?
>>
File: idf-logo.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
idf-logo.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>34623198

lel just as I suspected.
It's mindboggling the trick the kikes have pulled on their american golems. Burgers will send their sons to die for a subversive, semitic tribe and thump their chests doing so.
>>
File: 1499210376696.jpg (261KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499210376696.jpg
261KB, 638x960px
>>34623429
i knew it, every fucking time

Sitting through that 30min sperg fest I started wondering. If it was a .50 rifle that was used with the same optic that they are saying what would the hold be, say if, they zeroed at 500m? I know that Canadian forces in that position shoot extremely long range.
>>
>>34622963
I've been looking at these. Not sure if I should go for a x6 or x10 model. Just getting into the precision shooting game but don't really have a place to shoot far. Rifle is an AR-10 I built with 18" barrel.

Not looking to shoot 1000 yards, just learn the basics of precision shooting.
>>
>>34623453
Get the 10x if getting the non hd model. I have the non HD model that I use to test dope for multiple rifles. I recently got the HD model for a really good price to me, 580$, and i have it on my m1a. Comparing both models i would say the non hd is comparable to nikon prostaff, and hd is vortex pst gen 2, glass clarity wise. I shoot out to 1000yd, but 10x is good as close to 35yds. Anything closer than 50, on a semi auto, and i have to quick scope if shooting off hand at dynamic targets.
>>
>>34623020
Several things.

First, IOR makes a 40mm tube diameter scope. They are the only ones that do so. They start at around $7000.

Second, 4chan is a conglomeration of young people with no money and old people with no money management skills, so 99% of people here are broke.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.