[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi-Power Discontinued?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

Good news is that the Hi-Power is not discontinued. Yet. Browning still has them available, and will continue to distribute throughout the rest of the 2017 model year.
Unfortunately however, it is on the chopping block. If it will return for the 2018 catalog is all up to how well it performs this year. Due to low sales, the Hi-Power is currently being reviewed for dismissal from production. If sales boost, then it will return. If they continue to remain stagnant, it will be discontinued from the manufacturer, and will not be available starting the 2018 catalog year.
Also what concerns me is the rumor of discontinuing the Hi-Power being fairly well known. This will no doubt increase sales, as people will want to buy in before the prices increase (which happens whenever a popular firearm is discontinued), which might save it from being discontinued this year, but will likely have an adverse affect in the following year, due to sustainability of sales.
I also asked about a possible catalog replacement, and he hit up on the idea of a possible 9mm 1911 to fill the void. While 1911's are my preferred handgun, a 9mm is (in my opinion) not a suitable replacement, either in functionality, or uniqueness, as everybody and their brother makes a 9mm 1911.
All in all, no. The Hi-Power is not discontinued. But brace yourself, as the announcement will likely come this fall. Nothing is set in stone just yet, but the rumor is at least fact based. It will all boil down to sales. My advice, buy one, if you can. If they go disco, it will likely increase in value. If they do not, then you will still have a fine firearm. Win, win!

Incidentally, the likely reason for the mixed messages is the fact that while rumors are afloat (even inside Browning, itself), information has not been confirmed, as no official memo has been internally released to date regarding the elimination of the Hi-Power line.

http://browningowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-power-discontinued-true.6610/
>>
File: brownings-1920.jpg (730KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
brownings-1920.jpg
730KB, 1800x1200px
>>
>>34622764
Hi-powerfags BTFO 1911 masterrace
>>
>>34622764
I'd fucking love one, but just like everything browning makes its a bit too expensive for the novelty
>>
Too damn expensive.
>>
>>34622764
Shame, I always wanted one.

Maybe they shouldn't have offered the Mk.III for a grand plus.
>>
Welp. At least Turkey makes pretty decent HP's.
>>
File: 1444705395175.jpg (987KB, 2674x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1444705395175.jpg
987KB, 2674x3600px
How to price yourself out of your own market Browning.
>>
>>34624210
browning doesn't make the hi power. FN makes it and puts browning's name on it.
>>
>>34624629
Either way
>>
>>34622764
Why does baby fudd and boomer billy's 1911 get to stay for at least another 50 years when the better gun is going out of production?
>>
File: 1498291713317.png (182KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498291713317.png
182KB, 512x512px
>>34623809
The all black nighthawk with the red grips is fucking sex
>>
CZ makes a metal frame single action hammer fired 9, right?
>>
>>34624641
Cause God is not merciful
>>
Yeah because nobody wants to pay $1000 for one in a world if $500 plastic guns

Plus you can just buy surplus HPs for like $600 max and with a $30 set of new springs it'll run like a champ
>>
>>34624662
Except they can't manage to stop the CZ from eating slide stops.
And its machined by drunk slavs.
>>
>>34624699
Today's 600 dollar surplus hi powers will be 1200 tomorrow, and eventually they'll be like Luger's and usgi 1911s.

Plastic guns are literally for fags and cucks, the popularity of the (((polymer))) pistol is just a symptom of the emasculation of the western man through hormones in our food and liberal ideologies.
>>
>>34624662
CZ has multiple models of metal framed single action hammer fired 9's. And you can convert any of their DA/SA models to SAO too.

>>34624706
Jesus Christ. CZ had ONE bad batch of slide stops more than 15 years ago, which they replaced for free, but faggots like you still bring this up.
>>
>>34624746
>It was only one batch 15 years ago guiz
>seriously they don't do this anymore
Meanwhile on every forum with a cz section...

-slide stop
-where to buy slide stop?
-slide stop broke
-how long does the slide stop last?
-slide stop fix
-cz usa sent free slide stop after old one broke

It's a never ending topic among those people that actually shoot their CZ 75s, which basically rules out any fag who spends time here.

People have tried to figure out why they break FOR cz because those fucks can't seem to fix it themselves, and it's a god damned mystery.

Now it doesn't make it a bad gun, but it'll never be as good as a hi power, which is true of any clone of any gun.
>>
Gee fucking wiz.
>charge $1100 for a handgun that's been issued to about 3/4's of the world
>had domestic copies made by everyone and their mother.
>then an improved design created by some slavs that was never patented outside of the soviet union, so literally anyone decide to make them
>While also being made in Japan, (not a hit against the japanese, just the fact that if someone is in the market for $1100 legacy designs, they probably want USA made)
>can't even find them in stock anywhere
>People can buy a CZ 75b for like $520
Gee I wonder why they don't sell boatloads.

>>34624736
Nope, no one is gonna buy some clapped out ex police kike Hi-power for $1200.
>>34624629
Aren't they made by Howa or whatever plant over in Japan that's been making pretty much all of browning's line for a long long time?
>>
>>34624890
>but it'll never be as good as a hi power
Pretty much any gun made within the last 20 years is as good or better than a Hi Power.
>>
>>34624954
>S&W SIGMA
>Ruger SR9
>>
>>34624974
Fair enough. I should have said any gun over 500 dollars.
>>
>>34624954
>cz75
>the last 20 years
Try again friendo

Any gun that's da/sa already fails to be as good as a hi power by default.
Double action autoloading pistols are a solution looking for a problem.
>>
>>34625000
How much was the Remington R51 at launch, again?
>>
>>34625005
>thumb safeties
Nah. And there is no way the trigger on the CZ75 sucks as badly as the Hi Power's.
>>
>>34625005
The ability to re-strike a primer isn't useless. I, for one, don't like the idea of ejecting a hangfire too early and getting pieces of brass embedded in my face.
>>
>>34625005
>complaining about CZ triggers
>while talking about Brownings that have mag safties
>>
>>34625019
Like 300 bucks.
>>
>>34625043
Seems to me it was a lot more than that, but whatever.
>>
>>34625025
The solution to the "problem" of a thumb safety is called not being fucking retarded. If you can't learn to use one, kill yourself.
>>34625033
Cock it again with your thumb, if it's an emergency you rack the slide anyway. Also, buy better ammo, poorfag.
>>34625042
The 8 pound trigger of my pre war Colt automatic is more conducive to accuracy and speed than any double action trigger out there, and no hi power I've ever handled was as bad as that colt. But it's easier to quote hi power memes right?
>>
>>34625063
MSRP was only 400 bucks, so, no it was never a lot more than 300.
>>
>>34624736

>Having an extremely lightweight frame that is durable as fuck and cheap is totally related to degeneracy.
>>
>>34625129
>effeminate *man* that can't carry a steel handgun
Of course you can't fathom how it's degenerate, you're already too far gone.
The soy bean done killed your gonads son.
>>
>>34622764
>9mm 1911 to fill the void
Based Browning! A legit 9mm size 1911 like the EMP would be tits.
>>
>>34624928
>Aren't they made by Howa
no. they're made in Belgium and assembled by poorfags in Portugay.

can't imagine how shit a country is when shipped a box of parts for assembly and setting up a plant full of moors is the cheaper option than paying a Belgian.
>>
Where the fuck does a man go to get a new Browning Hi Power?
I know where to get all the surplus, but Browning isn't putting their shit anywhere it looks like.
>>
>>34624736
>Plastic guns are literally for fags and cucks, the popularity of the (((polymer))) pistol is just a symptom of the emasculation of the western man through hormones in our food and liberal ideologies.
Exactly this
>>
>>34624736
Are you worried about the gay frogs?
>>
>>34625192
>new Browning Hi Power
Fudd Mountain / Cabelas is the only store I've ever seen a HP in.
>>
>>34625192
http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Condition=2&Sort=4&mfg=1000049&mo=3000334
>>
>>34624736
You are going a long way to justify your weird fear of modern materials.
>>
>>34625182
Is that a fucking joke?
For $1100 they could at least put them together there too. You'd think the assembly bits would be cheaper than overall manufacturing.

>can't imagine how shit a country is when shipped a box of parts for assembly and setting up a plant full of moors is the cheaper option than paying a Belgian.

If thinks keep going the way they are they won't have to worry about bringing the plants to the moors.
>>
>when the Hi-Power starts at $900
>'wow why would anyone buy this piece of shit?'
>when the P226 starts at $1200 and up
>'THANK YOU BASED SWISS GODS FOR SUCH A GOOD HANDGUN'

/k/'s hypocrisy is amazing
>>
>>34625318
>when the P226 starts at $1200 and up
>'THANK YOU BASED SWISS GODS FOR SUCH A GOOD HANDGUN'
>p226
>swiss made
what did he mean by this
>>
>>34625332
I'm pointing out that it's stupid that /k/ shit on one $1000 dollar handgun but is ok with paying $1000 for another.
>>
>>34622764

I want one, but if I really did go out and buy one id be getting a Belgian congo contract instead of new production.
>>
>>34625340
SIGs are made in NH. Pretty much everyone here thinks they're absolute shit. They are.
>>
>>34625340
>a board is a singluar person meme
>anyone here even liking SIG
>never mind the $1200 sigs like the legion.
I haven't been here in a while, but I doubt people started suddenly loving sigs.
>>
>>34625332
P226 is a Swiss design.
>>
>>34625367
>>34625367

You can insert any other +$1000 handgun, I was using the P226 as an example.
>>
>>34625369
Yeah but Swiss sig hasn't been a thing for a while. It's been NH production for years, and the only remnant of the Swiss sig that made guns is the Swiss arms or whoever they are that are making the sg550's.

>>34625376 Considering most of the board is poor fags, I don't see many people with $1000 handguns.
>>
File: disgusting.png (626KB, 573x543px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
626KB, 573x543px
>>34624974
>putting the Sigma in the same zip code as the SR9
>>
File: BHP models.jpg (102KB, 1024x616px) Image search: [Google]
BHP models.jpg
102KB, 1024x616px
>>34625416
Neither is better than the BHP.
I need to find a good condition Inglis with matching stock.
>>
>>34624641
Because they stopped updating the HP long ago and only offer two models with $1k MSRP. All they have to do is make a few tweeks and offer it at decent prices and the gun would sell.Drop the disconnect, offer better sights,offer a single slot rail, offer a goddamn compact model like the fucking Argies did with the FM Detective and a better safety lever. Boom, problem solved. The real story here is

>tell em were dropping it so people freak out and buy them so we can reintroduce it later.
>>
>>34625033
Double-strike isn't going to fix a hang fire anyway so that's a moot point. A hard primer sure, but not a hangfire.
>>
>>34625042
One can be fixed in 20 seconds and both are improved greatly with actual trigger work. Stock for stock I like the BHP trigger better. It's stiff, but better imo and I'm a 92fs fag
>>
>>34624746
I love CZs, but slide stops face very high stresses, and are a consumable wear part. The real issue that that CZ insists on machining them from one piece of bar stock.
Tanfoglio, IWI, and a whole slew of others make their slide stops in two pieces - the pin is forged, and is either swaged or welded to the rest of the stop, which is ultimately strong enough to last the life of the gun.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.