[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ prefer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: AK47.jpg (20KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
AK47.jpg
20KB, 450x250px
Was looking into N-PAP, and WASR AK models by Century Arms. Which one does /k/ like better?
>>
Avoid NPAPs at all cost.
>>
>>34620476
Different anon but what about Lee Armory? I saw them shilling on Reddit but AKOU torture tested one of their rifles and it came out OK
>>
>>34620590
Well, I'm planning on buying a wooden AK model of either an N-PAP, or a WASR so I can modify it. Just need to know which one is fundamentally better at base so I know what I'm working with. Need some engineer /k/ommandos to provide some feedback.

>>34620531
Seems I won't be getting N-PAP then?
>>
As long as you don't get an I.O. or RAS/C39, you're good.
>>
>>34620590
Then it wasn't shilling
>>
>>34620476
WASR-10s are getting pretty expensive.
>>
>>34620888
Price isn't a problem for me. I can afford pretty much everything that can be bought.
>>
>>34620888
True. But in the current AK market that may be justified
>>
File: IMG_4327.png (94KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4327.png
94KB, 500x590px
>>34620476
I like my pap underfolder a lot, go to the ak general and look at their buyers guide
>>
>>34620853
>>34620531
>>34620476
/k/ is gay about the N-PAP. Basically here is the deal with EVERYTHING from Century Arms - they are an importer bringing guns in from overseas, from actual military plants generally, plants that are still making tens of thousands of rifles a year. The QC fluctuates, it always has. For a few years WASR's were supposed to be avoided for QC purposes, but Century finally caught on and started charging a little extra to run a tougher QC program on the guns.

Now N-PAPs sometimes come off the line with issues and the QC sometimes lets stuff get by them. Some Gen 1 N-PAPs also were set up for use with single stack magazines, and were subject to feed errors with double stack mags.

The most common issues you will find with the N-PAP are canted sights and slight surface imperfections. If you're unlucky you can get one where the heat treat was not great, which with moderate use over time will lead to trunion problems. However, there are only a few examples of this out there but they get brought up alllll the time, making the problem seem bigger than it is.

All that being said, the best thing you can do is get the WASR, mostly because it uses standard AK furniture and you can get tons of after market shit for it.

After that, if you see an O-PAP grab that. The OPAP is built on an RPK receiver.

If an N-PAP is all you can find or has a better price, get the N-PAP, it's built on an AKM receiver. The biggest downside is there are fewer aftermarket accessories for it, but that is slowly changing.

Literally tens of thousands of people per year are buying N-PAPs and not having problems. I got an N-PAP last year because I couldn't get a WASR. I am very happy with my N-PAP.
>>
>>34620950
So get the WASR is what you're saying? I just don't want /k/ to meme me into some gay shit, and I don't want the N-PAP being a fucked up model like you said it could potentially be.
>>
>>34621052
I regret selling my wasr every day op. /k/ is really the only place you hear love for the npap because for about a year they were really cheap and good quality.
>>
>>34621096
Feelsbadman. Don't worry, you'll find another. Maybe even a VEPR will drop from somewhere?
>>
>>34621052
Not that guy, but the WASR is the best choice of the two IMO. Although, if money really isn't an object you could explore other options
>>
>>34621106
yeah I got a vepr to replace it which is 100x better but I still miss the wasr. they're charming.
to put it simply, wasr and npap are the exact same quality, one just has standard furniture and more aftermarket parts. get the wasr bro you'll be happy.
>>
>>34621126
I can't, because the shop I'm going to only has 2 AK models in the store. Those are my only options. I already have an AKM-S fully modified, but I want to get one with a solid stock already on it, and modify that. Just wanted to know which of those two would be better to work with.
>>
>>34621195
Oh I see. Well then get the WASR I'd say, but the furniture coming on them currently is known to be pretty soft
>>
>>34621225
I'll be taking the handguard, and the stock off, and I'll put in a steel replacement. Shouldn't be handled too rough anyways.
>>
>>34621259
Then drive on. Only other thing about them is that they will rust quickly if given the chance
>>
>>34621259
If you want to change furniture, then definitely WASR.
>>
>>34620476
It's not a huge issue, but the fact that it can only take AK pistol grips and no other AK furniture is big enough to warrant looking elsewhere.
The best PAP by fucking FFAAAARRRR is the M92 PAP - it's actually assembled in Serbia and imported as a pistol. It can be bought with a folding brace right out of the box right now for under 600 bucks. The other PAP's are assembled here from serbian parts
>>
>>34621052
I have a new production NPAP with the Warsaw Pact stock and no problems so far. With any gun you take the risk of buying something defective, worst case scenario the warranty would probably allow you to get a replacement.
>>
Hey OP, Atlantic Firearms has N-PAPs for only $500, Century is doing a rebate until August 1st.
>>
File: romainia.jpg (80KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
romainia.jpg
80KB, 540x960px
>>34620476
I just picked up my AK yesterday and I'm liking it so far, it's even got some trench art on it which I find dope as hell
>>
>>34620912
> price isn't a problem for me

Then why the fuck would you ask about getting a npap when an arsenal ak is literally better in every way possible??
>>
>>34624326
As I said, I'm going to a new gun range with my family next month, and the shop only has 2 AK models in the store. I have no other choice than to pick between an N-PAP and a WASR AK. I already have a really well made AK for my personal use. I'm just buying one of those two so I can modify it.

Hard enough as it is to get guns in NY. Want to get one while I'm in WV.
>>
I own an n-pap and love the bastard.
true the proprietary furniture is annoying as fuck but there are options out there. Havent had a single issue and eats all the garbage ammo i feed it.

the only benefit of a WASR is literally just for aesthetic purposes but i got a good deal on a slightly used n-pap.

Whenever people talk shit on the n-pap just remember which ak has the history of mudslime ethnic clensing behind it and which rifle was developed as a toy
>>
NPAP fit and finish is much better than a WASR, and the QC issues are a meme in 2017.

WASR has a chrome lined barrel, that's the only real plus.

Clean your guns.
>>
>>34627094
>zastava qc is a meme
You're right their shit is a joke, we've had so many anons post their broken npaps
>>
>>34624326
maybe in "fit and finish" (but even that is debatable). plus arsenals qc and customer service is absolute shit
>>
>>34622488
that is false
all PAPs are made in Serbia
Century opens up the magwells and add furniture, trigger, mag
same as a WASR or Arsenel
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-22-22-05-45.png (451KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-22-22-05-45.png
451KB, 1080x1920px
Are the blackheart aks any good?
>>
>>34631133
A Blackheart is like a slightly better WASR supposedly
>>
>>34631229
I'll take those odds
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.