[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carrying on a Budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: NotThis.jpg (72KB, 840x562px) Image search: [Google]
NotThis.jpg
72KB, 840x562px
So despite how over done it is, I always wanted a classic Beretta. However, broke ass college student. I'm looking for something that would make a decent home defense/hiking weapon (fucking desperate mountain lions in the area). Hoping to get it on a good budget and keep a nice caliber. I only know a little about old guns and /k/ knows fucking everything so.
>>
>>34620433
If you want a beretta get a surplus 92s, fagbag
>>
>>34620433
whats your budget? m9 police trade in's can be had for cheap as shit, the magazine release is at on the bottom of the grip, however they can still use new and old m9 magazines.
>>
>>34620466

Well I don't expect it to be used for much but short range and in-case scenarios. I've seen some stuff in these threads around 200-300 which is okay but if I could get something cheaper I'd never complain
>>
File: fagcool.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fagcool.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>34620433
I've seen Police Trade-in Beretta 92s' on gun.deals for 250 dollars. Lurk moar.
>>
>>34620487
>used Beretta under $200
uhhh... A used Taurus PT92? The only thing I've seen that low is a borderline broken Tomcat. You're facing down the reality that a used Hi Point C9 with punisher skulls is in your future.
>>
>>34620450
>>34620466
>>34620521

Alright guys maybe I should try that. I'm not knowledgeable that's why I came to you.

>>34620544

It doesn't have to be Beretta. I just don't have a lot of cash, going to an area where I don't trust the neighborhood and the mountain lions are hungry. Broken doesn't sound like my fancy.
>>
>>34620580
a few brands are being heavily discounted right now so now is actually a good time to find something.
>>34620521
go to this site and there are several already in that price range that are *probably* just fine for you. If you aren't willing to bite on a police trade-in .40 or Italian surplus 92s the SCCY is functional. SDv9E's are hovering around that range with rebates now too.
>>
>>34620433
>fucking desperate mountain lions in the area

I would unironically suggest a Glock 23 police trade in for your exact needs and concerns.

.40 S&W LE trade ins are typically abundant and cheap, you can find Glock 22/23's for $300-$350 everywhere and .40 is good for critter defense.

https://pistol-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-9122.html
>>
You're looking at a hi-point. They're not bad at all, inelegance can be seen as an advantage(see the ak platform).

Get a C9
>>
Keep in mind that as cheap as used m9s are, a used hi-point can be under $100. In college, every dollar you save will matter; you know you're not walking out of this with savings.
>>
>>34620433
You seem like you're set on a Beretta. If you're interested in CC the most, a Tomcat or Bobcat might be what you're looking for but they're only in .32 or .22 which isn't so powerful but still plenty good against people with proper shot placement. You should also consider a p83 wanad. It's about 10 ounces heavier but still very small and it comes in 9mm makarov, which is between .380 and 9mm luger in terms of power. It's also only about 215 bucks.

For mountain lions, get something like a .357 or 10mm. Dan Wesson, Ruger, and older S&W is all good stuff. 10mm Glock 29's are slightly thicker than a 19 but otherwise about the same overall size. They can also shoot .40 for practice with no issues, as the .357's can shoot .38.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.