[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smith and Wesson M&P 10 worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: MP10-full.jpg (1MB, 4330x1206px) Image search: [Google]
MP10-full.jpg
1MB, 4330x1206px
If I could get an M&P 10 for $1,100, would it be a worth while buy?

Is it important or worth while to have a .308 caliber rifle or could my money be spent better on a more worth while gun?

Most M&P 10s run for $1,620.
>>
>>34619130
Eh, in its bone stock config like pic related it I suppose it would be alright. it won't be fun to shoot with that stock or grip. Plus with the pencil barrel it's not going to be super accurate without splurging on handloads or match ammo. If the seller includes a bunch of extras like mags and a cheap optic or something, then it'd be worth it I think.
>>
personal opinion, but i have an M&P 15 and have no issues, its a budget 5.56 that can be built off of. I'm sure the same thing is true with the .308 version. If you put a new grip, a new stock and rails on it, it'll perform as well as you do and it's a solid platform to build off of. Not as accurate or MUH BRAND as a 417, for example, but i'm of the opinion that few people who would read this would benefit from the sub 3 MOA anyway.

moral of the story, as with all guns and my entire collection: if you want it and have money, get it. just make sure you get a real battle rifle someday too, a PTR will only run you ~900 or so
>>
>>34620215
>just make sure you get a real battle rifle someday too
An AR10 is a real battle rifle you asshat.
>>
File: 1496812907627.jpg (155KB, 943x937px) Image search: [Google]
1496812907627.jpg
155KB, 943x937px
>308 ARs that arent an AR-10/SR-25 pattern
>>
File: detain.gif (6KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
detain.gif
6KB, 355x200px
>>34620241
M&P series in .308 is a scale up of the M&P 15 not a real AR-10.

at least pretend to try
>>
>>34620290
AR-15 is literally a scaled down AR-10
>>
>>34620307
>scale down
>then scale back up
>all with corporate fuckery from S&W along the way

>the same as a clone of the original design

you must be retarded
>>
>>34620351
None of the AR-10s currently on the market are a clone of the original.
>>
File: ketchup.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
ketchup.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>34620367
which brings us back to the original point of getting a real clone of a real battle rifle a la PTR, M1A, FAL
>>
>>34620386
Or he could just get an M&P-10 which will likely be just as reliable and accurate (if not more so) and have actual support.

>M1A
LOL
>>
>>34620386
>M1A
>LOL

>FAL
>Sights on different receivers

>G3 (PTR91, HK91, CETME)
>Roller delayed recoil

Yeah the AR10 and whatever the hell the M&P10 is are way better
>>
>>34620407
M1a is trash for a lot of reasons, but that is a 1 MOA rifle, no S&W rifle can touch that out of the box and you'd have to spend hundreds of dollars and basically construct a new rifle to make it even close.

>support
these aren't polymer pistols, they shouldn't need support. treat your weapon well and don't break your shit and it should outlive all of us
>>
>>34620446
>LOL
read my response >>34620459

>sights on different receivers
what is DS arms? what is buying a quality firearm not whatever you stumble across at your LGS the first day you're looking

>Roller delayed recoil
no argument, G3 is fine

>trip enabled
>nonstop meme arrows

lurk moar fag
>>
>>34620459
M1a is absolutely not fucking 1 moa. They have shit bedding and either need to be glass bedded or put in another chassy/stock. And the receiver mounted scope mount is a pain in the ass and needs to be locktited to fuck to stay zero'd. I traded my m1a on an ar10 and never looked back. Was a very fun gun though.
>>
>>34620494
DS arms is kind of shitty
>>
File: shiggy.gif (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.gif
1MB, 720x404px
>>34620538
>>
>>34620459

First of all, m1a is not 1moa. Second, I've seen an M&p sport shoot sub MOA. Literally the cheapest non .22lr rifle S&W makes.
>>
I have a M&P 15 MOE, with forward assist and brass deflector. i put a low profile gas block on it, a miculek brake, a vtac alpha free float hand guard, a nickle boron bcg, bad lever, and a better charging handle on it.

it is an ok rifle. Not as good as the FN m4 or m16a4 i had in the army.

I would build an ar10 off some aero precision uppers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.